-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Loma Linda University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Let's hope for this Thursday! I interviewed first week of Jan.
Yup me too... i'm sick of flying!!!
they've been working on the greenery this week. it's alot more green around here.Not the prettiest campus, but it does have the nicest people out of all the schools I've interviewed. You'll love them there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just trying to gauge where their at. did you interview beggining or end of the month? you can PM me if thats more comfortable for you. my brother interviewed at the end of last month and still hasnt heard back
Beginning of last month.
Sounds great! But yeah it was under construction or something when I visited.they've been working on the greenery this week. it's alot more green around here.
looks like nothing today
ACCEPTED!!! About a few minutes ago!!! Extremely happy!!!
Congrats! When did u interview?ACCEPTED!!! About a few minutes ago!!! Extremely happy!!!
Thank you! Back in late November!Congrats! When did u interview?
Congrats! When did u interview?Accepted 🙂 SOOOO HAPPPY 🙂
Thanks! January 10th 🙂Congrats! When did u interview?
so if applicants dont hear back today, then its safe to assume that they will have to wait another month?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so if applicants dont hear back today, then its safe to assume that they will have to wait another month?
Maybe, man bummer. Gonna hit the interview trail again atthe end of the month...3x times
yepso if applicants dont hear back today, then its safe to assume that they will have to wait another month?
For those of you still waiting for your acceptances did you send an updated transcript if it was different from the one you submitted along with your application?
I am highly interested in this medical school I was wondering what the stats were of people getting accepted/secondary invites. I like the focus on missionary work. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks y'all!
Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile
Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile
if someone gets an interview here, how likely is it they will get accepted? what are the post interview acceptance odds?
For those of you still waiting for your acceptances did you send an updated transcript if it was different from the one you submitted along with your application?
If you have bolstered your application in any way, my advice is that you email the admissions office ASAP! I sent in my updated transcript and believe that it played an instrumental role in my ultimate acceptance to LLUSM on December 16th! If you haven't been accepted yet still hold on to hope, but no matter what, don't give up on your dreams
Not this month given its match. I think we may hear back next week as it was last yearSeems like acceptances are sent out third Thursday every month. So is it safe to assume that the committee meets the third Wednesday/Thursday?
yes I did. Because I was in the middle of taking classes at the time I submitted my application and didn't have grades at the time, but now I do. Loma linda responded thanking me for the update and it would be added to my file.For those of you still waiting for your acceptances did you send an updated transcript if it was different from the one you submitted along with your application?
You can't put a budget on a good education.....Right? LolAnyone know what kinds/how many scholarships there are? I really want to come here but the price is scary
Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile
Congrats. Since your experience was a little different, given that Dr. Roddy came to your school and interviewed you, did you have to go to Loma Linda for another interview before being accepted?Accepted yesterday evening 🙂
That phone call scared the crap out of me.
FIRST ACCEPTANCE OF THE CYCLE
Congrats. Since your experience was a little different, given that Dr. Roddy came to your school and interviewed you, did you have to go to Loma Linda for another interview before being accepted?
I did not have to go to Loma Linda! Dr. Roddy's interview was final
ok thanks for respondingI did not have to go to Loma Linda! Dr. Roddy's interview was final
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not this month given its match. I think we may hear back next week as it was last year
Looks like that's not happening today
How do you know?Looks like that's not happening today
How do you know?
Nobodies posting acceptances here
When's the latest they call?
Does anyone here know how many calls Dr. Roddy gives in each acceptance cycle?
According to MSAR data for last year's cycle (entering class of 2016), Loma Linda interviewed 392 people, of those interviewed, 169 matriculated. If 169 matriculated, I would assume the acceptance rate would be +25-30 more people to account for people who held multiple acceptances and ended up elsewhere. So my estimation is probably around ~200 to 215ish post interview acceptances.
Thank you for the info!According to MSAR data for last year's cycle (entering class of 2016), Loma Linda interviewed 392 people, of those interviewed, 169 matriculated. If 169 matriculated, I would assume the acceptance rate would be +25-30 more people to account for people who held multiple acceptances and ended up elsewhere. So my estimation is probably around ~200 to 215ish post interview acceptances.
Unfortunately, not every applicant uses sdn..Nobodies posting acceptances here
So we would never know 100%
so true, even tho I didn't hear anything this week either.Unfortunately, not every applicant uses sdn..
So we would never know 100%
Same here!so true, even tho I didn't hear anything this week either.
I know it's hard, but let us all wait patiently! 🙂
ACCEPTED. TODAY 3/9/2017 ~6:10pm.
Interviewed Nov. GPA 3.8, MCAT ~504.
HOLYYYYYYYYY SMOKES GUYZ SEE YOU IN THE FALL (or is summer??!) IDK BUT IM STOKED.
Why does LLU take half a year to get back to people
Congrats!ACCEPTED. TODAY 3/9/2017 ~6:10pm.
Interviewed Nov. GPA 3.8, MCAT ~504.
HOLYYYYYYYYY SMOKES GUYZ SEE YOU IN THE FALL (or is summer??!) IDK BUT IM STOKED.
I interviewed in Jan... no call yet
Are you SDA?
Congrats!
I interviewed in Jan... no call yet
Are you SDA?
Nope, I'm a non-SDA Christian though
Nope, I'm a non-SDA Christian though
Were you waitlisted first or did you receive any word before today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I understand, acceptance calls could still go out tomorrow morning. After that, I'm assuming they won't make any more calls until the second or third Thursday of April.I guess we have to wait again for another month...
Were you waitlisted first or did you receive any word before today?
Nope, I wasn't waitlisted. Good luck, I hope you all get the good news soon.
Congratz on your acceptance!Same here!
I know it's hard, but let us all wait patiently! 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K