2016-2017 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's hope for this Thursday! I interviewed first week of Jan.

Members don't see this ad.

Not the prettiest campus, but it does have the nicest people out of all the schools I've interviewed. You'll love them there.
they've been working on the greenery this week. it's alot more green around here.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just trying to gauge where their at. did you interview beggining or end of the month? you can PM me if thats more comfortable for you. my brother interviewed at the end of last month and still hasnt heard back

Beginning of last month.

Yeah doesnt look like it unless they come in really late lol

Accepted :) SOOOO HAPPPY :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so if applicants dont hear back today, then its safe to assume that they will have to wait another month?

so if applicants dont hear back today, then its safe to assume that they will have to wait another month?

Maybe, man bummer. Gonna hit the interview trail again atthe end of the month...3x times

For those of you still waiting for your acceptances did you send an updated transcript if it was different from the one you submitted along with your application?

I am highly interested in this medical school I was wondering what the stats were of people getting accepted/secondary invites. I like the focus on missionary work. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks y'all!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

if someone gets an interview here, how likely is it they will get accepted? what are the post interview acceptance odds?

For those of you still waiting for your acceptances did you send an updated transcript if it was different from the one you submitted along with your application?

If you have bolstered your application in any way, my advice is that you email the admissions office ASAP! I sent in my updated transcript and believe that it played an instrumental role in my ultimate acceptance to LLUSM on December 16th! If you haven't been accepted yet still hold on to hope, but no matter what, don't give up on your dreams

Seems like acceptances are sent out third Thursday every month. So is it safe to assume that the committee meets the third Wednesday/Thursday?

Seems like acceptances are sent out third Thursday every month. So is it safe to assume that the committee meets the third Wednesday/Thursday?
Not this month given its match. I think we may hear back next week as it was last year

Reactions: 1 users
yes I did. Because I was in the middle of taking classes at the time I submitted my application and didn't have grades at the time, but now I do. Loma linda responded thanking me for the update and it would be added to my file.

Anyone know what kinds/how many scholarships there are? I really want to come here but the price is scary

Accepted yesterday evening :)
That phone call scared the crap out of me.
FIRST ACCEPTANCE OF THE CYCLE
Congrats. Since your experience was a little different, given that Dr. Roddy came to your school and interviewed you, did you have to go to Loma Linda for another interview before being accepted?

Congrats. Since your experience was a little different, given that Dr. Roddy came to your school and interviewed you, did you have to go to Loma Linda for another interview before being accepted?

I did not have to go to Loma Linda! Dr. Roddy's interview was final

Does anyone here know how many calls Dr. Roddy gives in each acceptance cycle?

Does anyone here know how many calls Dr. Roddy gives in each acceptance cycle?

According to MSAR data for last year's cycle (entering class of 2016), Loma Linda interviewed 392 people, of those interviewed, 169 matriculated. If 169 matriculated, I would assume the acceptance rate would be +25-30 more people to account for people who held multiple acceptances and ended up elsewhere. So my estimation is probably around ~200 to 215ish post interview acceptances.

According to MSAR data for last year's cycle (entering class of 2016), Loma Linda interviewed 392 people, of those interviewed, 169 matriculated. If 169 matriculated, I would assume the acceptance rate would be +25-30 more people to account for people who held multiple acceptances and ended up elsewhere. So my estimation is probably around ~200 to 215ish post interview acceptances.
Thank you for the info!

ACCEPTED. TODAY 3/9/2017 ~6:10pm.
Interviewed Dec. GPA 3.8, MCAT ~504.
HOLYYYYYYYYY SMOKES GUYZ SEE YOU IN THE FALL (or is summer??!) IDK BUT IM STOKED.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed Nov. GPA 3.8, MCAT ~504.
HOLYYYYYYYYY SMOKES GUYZ SEE YOU IN THE FALL (or is summer??!) IDK BUT IM STOKED.

Why does LLU take half a year to get back to people

Interviewed Nov. GPA 3.8, MCAT ~504.
Congrats!
I interviewed in Jan... no call yet

Are you SDA?

I guess we have to wait again for another month...

I guess we have to wait again for another month...
From what I understand, acceptance calls could still go out tomorrow morning. After that, I'm assuming they won't make any more calls until the second or third Thursday of April.