2016-2017 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted here!! First post on SDN. Filled out fin aid. Whats the next step and how do I prepare for school?
Congrats!

When did you get a call?
Were you previously on the waiting list?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats!

When did you get a call?
Were you previously on the waiting list?

Thanks, and Idk. I don't think so. I forgot to return my call to the dean and found out via email I was accepted. So I assume I wasn't on the waiting list since I didn't get any email. The acceptance email and financial aid email turned out in my spam box! I was pleasantly suprised... and also ridiculously relieved that my mail didn't trash it haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Was there a deposit we had to pay for confirming our seat? I didn't pay anything, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything

Dude, you should call the school... And so should I. You haven't been accepted right? How did you get an award letter? I've been accepted and haven't recieved anything lmao
Still mulling if I should call or not ...................... lol

Anyways, seems like historically the pull date for the alternate list is sometime in June. Such a long wait ... :boom:

I'm asking for a buddy of mine, but has there been any waitlist movement?

Hey guys apparently there's a fb page for our group! check out the class of 2021 page

Reactions: 1 user
SO excited to say that I received my acceptance here! :clap:
Prayers answered. Hoping that more of us here will be celebrating soon too.

SO excited to say that I received my acceptance here! :clap:
Prayers answered. Hoping that more of us here will be celebrating soon too.
Congrats! Were you accepted today?

I'm on the alternate list, and I no longer have access to student portal. It goes straight into new admission application.
Does that mean I got rejected from the alternate list?

I'm on the alternate list, and I no longer have access to student portal. It goes straight into new admission application.

Did you find out?

Members don't see this ad :)

I remember someone asking this question before, and it was in this thread below. No one ever answered the question but perhaps you can PM?

2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread
So normally when I logged in to the Loma Linda University site to check my application status, there was a whole menu with financial aid and information and I could see that I was on the alternate list. Monday I logged in and its all gone. Now all that's left is a single tab that says Apply For Admissions. What does that mean? Was I removed from the waitlist?
@Fathead56 - are you still on this site? How was this resolved?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I'm relatively new to these forums), but is this school receptive to letters of intent? If so, email or hard copy?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I'm relatively new to these forums), but is this school receptive to letters of intent? If so, email or hard copy?

Yeah I sent an email letter of intent and an update letter to Admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an acceptance this morning, time to put my mouth to the fire hose

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted around noon today. I could not believe myself... surreal.

I got accepted around noon today. I could not believe myself... surreal.
Congrats! I have a feeling waiting list movement is almost over at this point... Maybe it's time for me to give up this school :/
I wish you guys good luck to those who got in!

Can anyone answer these questions about Loma Linda:

Are there plenty of ultra quiet places to study?

Quiet 24 hour study areas?

Help available, like help room where you can go to get help without having to hire your own tutors?

Pass/fail?

Near a subway station?

Could you please elaborate? I know some people who are not religious but would do just fine at a religious school? For example, I went to Santa Clara University in CA which is a Jesuit school, and I enjoyed it there because you could do whatever you want and wouldn't feel obligated to go to church and join campus ministry and stuff.

Hey, I am also a Hindu who went to Santa Clara University. I am looking to apply to Loma Linda University. Do you have any advice for me? How did your application process go for this college?