2016-2017 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone get an interview invite this late in the cycle? also when do we hear back of waitlisting and rejections?

Can someone get an interview invite this late in the cycle? also when do we hear back of waitlisting and rejections?
I am not 100% sure, but I have heard some people still interview in March for LLUSM. In terms of waitlisting, I think anyone who are not accepted gets waitlisted automatically unless you receive a rejection letter. Rejection letter comes starting last week of March.

I hope that helped.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not 100% sure, but I have heard some people still interview in March for LLUSM. In terms of waitlisting, I think anyone who are not accepted gets waitlisted automatically unless you receive a rejection letter. Rejection letter comes starting last week of March.

I hope that helped.

thank you

ACCEPTED TODAY! 03/10/17
Interviewed in October.
SDA.
3.7 GPA

Reactions: 4 users
One thing I genuinely don't understand, and maybe you guys can help me out here...every other school me or my brother interviewed at takes 2-4 weeks to get back to us. Why does LLU take nearly half a year to give a response to applicants? If my brother interviewed in January, does this mean he's gonna hear back in June? lol

Making plans and decisions is important to my family right now so we can make arrangements for my brother going away for med school, but the lack of not knowing from LLU just has everything on hold. Time is ticking, and a simple "yes" or "no" from LLU would suffice

One thing I genuinely don't understand, and maybe you guys can help me out here...every other school me or my brother interviewed at takes 2-4 weeks to get back to us. Why does LLU take nearly half a year to give a response to applicants? If my brother interviewed in January, does this mean he's gonna hear back in June? lol

Making plans and decisions is important to my family right now so we can make arrangements for my brother going away for med school, but the lack of not knowing from LLU just has everything on hold. Time is ticking, and a simple "yes" or "no" from LLU would suffice

Hey sorry this is frustrating... I can understand... trust me.. i was in a similar spot last year. Have you yourself been accepted? If so, why don't you and your brother both send a letter of intent/interest + updates to the adcom. Be sure to state that one of you (or neither, if thats the case) got accepted (or not), and you would want to stay close to your brother.

Received my acceptance call on Thursday night as well!!!!! :soexcited:
-Interviewed on Feb 27th
-SDA
-Current Masters student :)

Received my acceptance call on Thursday night as well!!!!! :soexcited:
-Interviewed on Feb 27th
-SDA
-Current Masters student :)
If you don't mind me asking you. What Masters program are you in and what school? Also what are your stats?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile

Yeah didnt hear back, so does that mean I wait til April?

Hey guys,,, is anyone here know he or she is waitlisted?
Apparently, you can check your application status and know if you are waitlisted...
Mine doesn't say anything, so does that mean I am not waitlisted, and I could expect a rejection letter later this month?

I interviewed in late January.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking you. What Masters program are you in and what school? Also what are your stats?

Well I don't want to give out TOO much personal information, but it was a Masters of Science in Health Sciences (that allowed me to take general required sciences my first year). Also my stats weren't out-of-this-world amazing , but I did have ~4 years of research, shadowing and volunteer work. I do believe that my application was GREATLY enhanced by my extracurricular activities & Masters degree. :)

Well I don't want to give out TOO much personal information, but it was a Masters of Science in Health Sciences (that allowed me to take general required sciences my first year). Also my stats weren't out-of-this-world amazing , but I did have ~4 years of research, shadowing and volunteer work. I do believe that my application was GREATLY enhanced by my extracurricular activities & Masters degree. :)
Haha OK cool. You could always PM. I was only asking because I'm about to go get a Masters but thank u!

So after we get our phone call acceptance, when are they suppose to email us with the next step? I havent revieved an email yet

Just received my rejection letter dated March 9, postmarked March 13. Application summary has not yet been updated.
Interviewed with the first batch, back in mid-November.
Thus ends my medical school journey; it's been... a trip, y'all.

Just received my rejection letter dated March 9, postmarked March 13. Application summary has not yet been updated.
sorry to hear that man :( would you mind sharing your stats and if you are SDA? You can always re-apply, not all is lost

:/ I'm sorry...
I might be in the same boat as you..

What are classes like at LLU? Do they prep you well for boards?

I'm about to go out of the country due to my grandmother passing away and may not receive phone calls from the U.S. What happens if they call us and we don't pick up or eventually call them back? Will they send an email as an acceptance too? Or am I just out of luck?

I'm about to go out of the country due to my grandmother passing away and may not receive phone calls from the U.S. What happens if they call us and we don't pick up or eventually call them back? Will they send an email as an acceptance too? Or am I just out of luck?
You should probably change your voicemail to reflect that you are out of the country. And you will contact whoever when you get back.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using SDN mobile app

Got a pre-II rejection in my mailbox a while back, dated ~3/16.

So if I did not receive any snail mail (rejection letter), is it safe to assume I'm still in for the next acceptance call in April?

So if I did not receive any snail mail (rejection letter), is it safe to assume I'm still in for the next acceptance call in April?
Actually, this was a very stupid question. Of course, I'm still "in"...

I'm just really frustrated because this process has been so slow. I really want to know if I got wait-listed, rejected, or accepted so I could actually make a plan... My application status portal looks the same as before. Sigh...

I wonder if admissions forgot that there are still applicants waiting to hear back from a third of a year ago

Reactions: 1 users
those of you guys who are still waiting to hear back: when did you interview?

any chance to hear back this week?

back in december, still haven't heard a peep
Wow. Do you think we got rejected? Anything on your portal? I interviewed early Jan. As much as I hate to say it, LL has the absolute worst admissions department, ever. I get "patience is a virtue" yada yada, but taking this long to get back to people is just insulting

Reactions: 2 users
Wow. Do you think we got rejected? Anything on your portal? I interviewed early Jan. As much as I hate to say it, LL has the absolute worst admissions department, ever. I get "patience is a virtue" yada yada, but taking this long to get back to people is just insulting

I agree with you

Did they even send post-interview rejection letters?
My portal looks the same as well...

Last edited:
Got interviewed back in January and havent heard back. Do ya'll think we'll hear back Thursday?

If you havent been rejected yet (letters were sent out end of march), theres a good chance youre on the waitlist or will soon be accepted. There are some people who dont even get accepted tilll orientation week (happens at other schools too). This process sucks I agree.

Think we'll all hear back either this Thursday or next.

The previous last notification dates were 4/14/16, 4/16/15 and 4/10/14. Only 4/16/15 was on the third Thursday. So high likelihood we'll find out this week but for sure next week.

Sucks that this process is so long and it really holds up plans ... but that's the way it goes sometimes.

If you havent been rejected yet (letters were sent out end of march), theres a good chance youre on the waitlist or will soon be accepted. There are some people who dont even get accepted tilll orientation week (happens at other schools too). This process sucks I agree.
I really hope you are right! :)
Thank you for the encouragement!

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone who interviewed gotten rejected yet?
I know SDN users do not represent 100% of applicants but that's the same question that I was asking. Looking at previous cycles, post-interview rejection letters were generally sent on late March... but it seems like no one has mentioned anything about rejection letters.

I've been lurking here for a while. Interviewed back in Feb. Still waiting on a letter or a rejection.... Why are they making us wait so long????

Does anyone know whether they call, email or snail mail for the biomed offers?

I've been lurking here for a while. Interviewed back in Feb. Still waiting on a letter or a rejection.... Why are they making us wait so long????

Does anyone know whether they call, email or snail mail for the biomed offers?
They have a Biomedical Sciences program???

Seeing that there's no news today, seems that the adcom meeting will be next Thursday. Going to be a long week...

They have a Biomedical Sciences program???

Yup. From what I understand, biomed students take the same 1st year basic science classes. Not sure if being the program gives you priority when you re-apply for med school though.

Just to update you guys, I got a snail mail today from LLUSM, so I assumed it was a rejection letter, but it said I was put on an alternate list. So I guess I am officially in the waiting list.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

Just to update you guys, I got a snail mail today from LLUSM, so I assumed it was a rejection letter, but it said I was put on an alternate list. So I guess I am officially in the waiting list.

woah?! Wait ... does that mean they had a meeting last Thursday ... ???

Alternate list is better than rejection at least!

Just received a letter from Loma Linda, got placed on the alternated list as well. What is the likelihood of getting an acceptance if on this list? So what they're saying is there's still a chance?:)

Just received a letter from Loma Linda, got placed on the alternated list as well. What is the likelihood of getting an acceptance if on this list? So what they're saying is there's still a chance?:)
I hope so!!!! My question is, is it better to get in the waiting list or get a bio-med offer? Hahaha

I think so. My letter is dated April 13th.
Damn ... I guess no one on SDN got in. :/

I'll probably go home to a letter waiting in my mailbox too then ... lol

Yup. From what I understand, biomed students take the same 1st year basic science classes. Not sure if being the program gives you priority when you re-apply for med school though.
So we can apply for Biomedical program or it's only for people who get rejected after applying?

Did your online application page change in any way?