2016-2017 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A bit excited at the moment. How long does it take for them to get back with rejections and acceptances?

No rejections until almost summer.
Acceptances on third Thursday/Friday of each month (usually).

Members don't see this ad.

No rejections until almost summer.
Acceptances on third Thursday/Friday of each month (usually).

yah...i hope i get in...i don't think i necessarily had the best interview but my interviewers seemed to comment on my character/diverse background I brought. Fingers cross for next Thur/Fri. Please God!

yah...i hope i get in...i don't think i necessarily had the best interview but my interviewers seemed to comment on my character/diverse background I brought. Fingers cross for next Thur/Fri. Please God!

At least you got an interview...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a deposit to hold your seat after acceptance? I got an email but did not see anything about a deposit.

Also, does anyone know if LLU has scholarships? They seemed very vague in this regard during the interview.

Hey, does anyone know if LLU accepts updates post interview? And if so, what email? Thanks!

does anyone know if the school has a post-interview acceptance?

can't believe i might find out this thur/fri....ready for my first acceptance PLEASE!!

What are the statues of their accepted students?

Still have my fingers crossed for an II. Any chance this late in the game?

So should people be hearing back today or tomorrow?

So should people be hearing back today or tomorrow?

Maybe both?

Feel like this evening for sure.

Man I hope I get this acceptance today so I can cancel some interviews.....interviewed in Jan so maybe they may not have gotten to me yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted, interview early Dec

Reactions: 2 users
ay just got accepted! Got the phone call like 4:51 PM pacific.

Just accepted! Got the call ~5:20 pm PST, interviewed 11/17 :)

Yeah I got interviewed Jan so I guess wait til next month :(

ay just got accepted! Got the phone call like 4:51 PM pacific.
Congratulations!
Now we'll see if anyone makes you spin their laptop during orientation...

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday evening :)
That phone call scared the crap out of me.
FIRST ACCEPTANCE OF THE CYCLE

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone from the December 8th interview date get accepted? I was accepted from that date last month and had so much fun with many of you so I'm hoping you all go here as well :)

What is the interview at LLU SOM like?

Reactions: 1 user
yup interviewed in january, like last week so guess its next week. expected a little too much
many people get accepted between january - april. considering that applicants are interviewed starting in august (for early decision), patience my friend.

Does anyone know when the last interview date is?

II! Excited to visit the school~

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, about how long does it take to hear back after the interview? and whats the chances for someone getting accepted here after an interview?

Hey guys, about how long does it take to hear back after the interview? and whats the chances for someone getting accepted here after an interview?

might hear back next week, thursday? i think they send feb batches early

Does anyone know when scholarship offers go out?

Does anyone know when scholarship offers go out?
I filled out my financial aid study super early and received an email that we would know by the latest in June. I'm also curious! I don't even know if they offer scholarships.

I filled out my financial aid study super early and received an email that we would know by the latest in June. I'm also curious! I don't even know if they offer scholarships.

I know they offer some scholarships (I know of one M1 who is there on a full ride and another who received a smaller amount), but I didn't know when they offered those. Is it just me, or does June seem really late?

I know they offer some scholarships (I know of one M1 who is there on a full ride and another who received a smaller amount), but I didn't know when they offered those.
Do you know what the "full ride" scholarship is (or can you find out)? I only know of the MD-PhD route for that level of funding, not any scholarships handed out to MD-only students.

I know they offer some scholarships (I know of one M1 who is there on a full ride and another who received a smaller amount), but I didn't know when they offered those. Is it just me, or does June seem really late?

I agree, I want to know now lol. It's just a bit stressful wondering how much loan money I'll have to come up with :whistle:

Do you know what the "full ride" scholarship is (or can you find out)? I only know of the MD-PhD route for that level of funding, not any scholarships handed out to MD-only students.

I don't know much about the scholarship, but I know that he got one and that he's not the only one. He's a regular MD student. I'm not sure how many they give out or what he did to get it. Basically, I'm very little help, sorry.

Hello! After reading everyone's comments, I'm still unsure whether writing a letter of intent or interest to LLU will help me out or not? Has anyone submitted one and received any kind of response?? Tips? LLU is my top choice and it's terrifying not to have heard back from them yet. Any help would be much appreciated!! :hello:

Reactions: 1 users
Hm, yah guess not yesterday. Maybe next week..man gonna shelf a few hundred bucks for my next interviews today :(

Last month

just trying to gauge where their at. did you interview beggining or end of the month? you can PM me if thats more comfortable for you. my brother interviewed at the end of last month and still hasnt heard back