2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who interviewed, do you guys have hotel recommendations?

I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn (Lake Forest Mettawa) on Thursday. It's got good reviews and is apparently clean.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend you avoid the days inn (great lakes.) I've been to many days inns and others and that was probably the worst hotel I've ever been to.
I agree. days inn (great lakes) was a poor quality hotel. Would not recommend.

anyone on a pre interview hold? what do you make of that

Members don't see this ad :)
I would absolutely travel to a 12/9 interview if RFU would be so obliged.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else submit in July with no response yet? How the heck do I access the portal lol?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else submit in July with no response yet? How the heck do I access the portal lol?
There is no portal for updates, unfortunately! They will email you with all updates. However, there is an online scheduling system they use to schedule interviews after you receive an II.

I was thinking of inquiring about my status as well, since I didn't hear back from them since July. Was your app on hold before you called? I'm trying to decide whether it will be worth it to call
No, I don't think it was put on hold before I emailed them. I think calling and asking will speed up your decision process most definitely (whether it be a rejection or II) -- at least it sped it up their decision for me haha

I was thinking of inquiring about my status as well, since I didn't hear back from them since July. Was your app on hold before you called? I'm trying to decide whether it will be worth it to call
I don't think it's really a great idea to bother them with a phone call about your status. There's a reason they all say how they will notify you as soon as a decision is reached and many specifically say not to call to inquire about your status.. I don't think they really want the possibly thousands of people who are still waiting to start calling them about their status. Just gotta be patient.

For those who interviewed, do you guys have hotel recommendations?
I stayed at the Ramada - it wasn't that clean, but it was really cheap ($69 when you call and get the RF rate).
So if your priority is less money over more clean, then I'd recommend this one. Otherwise, probs not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you're right! At that point it will make it exactly 6 weeks since the interview :(
Wow! What a long wait. Friday will only be three weeks for me, and I'm wishful thinking that I will hear :whistle:

I think you're right! At that point it will make it exactly 6 weeks since the interview :(
Didn't they say to expect 6+ weeks though? I have another school that I interviewed at way back on 10/17 that I haven't heard from yet and they told us to expect 2-3 weeks!

Didn't they say to expect 6+ weeks though? I have another school that I interviewed at way back on 10/17 that I haven't heard from yet and they told us to expect 2-3 weeks!

They told my group 4-6 weeks

Clarification please from those that have interviewed.

I have an AM interview tomorrow and I have received a few confusing emails about where to check in at for the interview. Last week the email said to check in at the Morningstar/IPEC building. This morning the email said at the main entrance.

Where is the right place?

I have an AM interview tomorrow and I have received a few confusing emails about where to check in at for the interview. Last week the email said to check in at the Morningstar/IPEC building. This morning the email said at the main entrance.

Walk into the Morningstar/IPEC building and you'll see the office on the left! People were sitting by the chairs when I went in.

Morningstar/ IPEC building entrance. It has large lettering above the door that says that it is indeed that building

After all that effort, rejected as well post interview. Really though it had gone well. Oh well.
Sorry about the bad news, as a third time applicant I know the feeling. This entire process can really be rough. Would you mind sharing when you interviewed?

well thanks for the sympathies. Im in an SMP now doing med student average- really discouraged that that is not enough.
I wouldn't take it personally and it might have nothing to do with your metrics. I get the feeling that RFU is looking for applicants who are committed to serving the underserved population.

Rejected post interview, really liked the school and it's focus on underserved communities, thought I did well on the interviews too. As a reapplicant and first interview, this sucks.

I wouldn't take it personally and it might have nothing to do with your metrics. I get the feeling that RFU is looking for applicants who are committed to serving the underserved population.
If that were the case, why even invite these individuals to interview? It seems like that would be a waste of resources.

Would @Cytonic1378 and @careerwise mind sharing what you guys thought went well with the interview? There were some people earlier on in this thread who said they were rejected, but they actually thought they did poorly on the interview. Really makes you wonder what they were looking for during the interview.

If that were the case, why even invite these individuals to interview? It seems like that would be a waste of resources.

Would @Cytonic1378 and @careerwise mind sharing what you guys thought went well with the interview? There were some people earlier on in this thread who said they were rejected, but they actually thought they did poorly on the interview. Really makes you wonder what they were looking for during the interview.

The way most of them gave positive feedback, one even said that you would be a great fit for this school???:dead: I guess it's all a facade. Does the interview decide everything? If not, then maybe my paper application player a role.

Perhaps they thought that the applicants were good on paper, but they didn't do so well on the interview.

@Cytonic1378 The positive feedback could be a ploy to make the applicant feel better about themselves and so they do better on other MMI stations and/or those interviewers genuinely liked you, but the committee decisions are a group vote.

Rejected post interview, really liked the school and it's focus on underserved communities, thought I did well on the interviews too. As a reapplicant and first interview, this sucks.
The way most of them gave positive feedback, one even said that you would be a great fit for this school???:dead: I guess it's all a facade. Does the interview decide everything? If not, then maybe my paper application player a role.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Based on the questions that were asked at my interview, I don't think any of them would actually be useful in determining an applicants fit for the school.

Yeah, it was out of the blue on a totally unrelated question that I got that. I mean oh well really. I guess they just like giving happy feedback. It just hurts.

Yeah, it was out of the blue on a totally unrelated question that I got that. I mean oh well really. I guess they just like giving happy feedback. It just hurts.
@Cytonic1378 You really have my support. I'm a reapplicant as well, got no interviews last year, and this RFU interview was only my second interview, so I have an idea of how you must feel. I'm not really sure how I did on my RFU interview, but I wouldn't be surprised by a post-II rejection. I saw some of your posts in other threads, and I just want you to know that someone with your motivation, stats and ambition will definitely get in somewhere, and you will make a great doctor.

Reactions: 5 users
@Cytonic1378 You really have my support. I'm a reapplicant as well, got no interviews last year, and this RFU interview was only my second interview, so I have an idea of how you must feel. I'm not really sure how I did on my RFU interview, but I wouldn't be surprised by a post-II rejection. I saw some of your posts in other threads, and I just want you to know that someone with your motivation, stats and ambition will definitely get in somewhere, and you will make a great doctor.

Thank you. It really means a lot. I'm also a reapplicant with no interviews last cycle. Rosalind Franklin was my first interview and I was thrilled to have the chance to interview, and even though I thought I did well, it just didn't turn out to be. I still have more interviews left, thankfully and fortunately, so I really so hope that one school will like me enough haha. I wish the best of luck on your cycle too!

Reactions: 1 users
Welp I just got a rejection from a different mmi that I thought I did very well on (SUNY Upstate) so who knows what I'm going to hear from Rosalind.. I really am shocked by that rejection because I left the interview feeling like I absolutely rocked it. I feel your pain to those rejected today! I'm a third time applicant...

@Petrichor1 and @careerwise I'm really sorry to hear that! Keep up your spirits, as a non-trad applicant, I know the struggle but honestly I really think if you work hard this year to improve your app a little more and gain some more interview experience, you will have a good chance next year! Good luck!

Rejected from my last md school.

When did you interview?

Does anyone know if they give feedback about rejections?

Not sure, might be worth emailing the admissions folks and asking them. Though I don't think they'll be able to share your actual scores, I think it's still worth seeing what they can tell you (if anything).

Last edited:
@Petrichor1 and @careerwise I'm really sorry to hear that! Keep up your spirits, as a non-trad applicant, I know the struggle but honestly I really think if you work hard this year to improve your app a little more and gain some more interview experience, you will have a good chance next year! Good luck!

When did you interview?
I'm assuming that since rejections went out yesterday, those of us left in this batch (interviewed end of October/ up to whatever point they reached in November) should be getting either waitlisted or accepted today! We know that they at least made it up to November 8th.

Does anyone know if they give feedback about rejections?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
As far as I know I don't think they do :/ They are one of those high # of applications schools so I think it would be tough for them to do. I don't know for sure though so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm assuming that since rejections went out yesterday, those of us left in this batch (interviewed end of October/ up to whatever point they reached in November) should be getting either waitlisted or accepted today! We know that they at least made it up to November 8th.

I hope so! I hate playing this waiting game. I wish they could just tell us all one date that we can look forward to when they'll tell us of our status rather than leaving us in the dark like this. Oh well, here's hoping today is the day!

rejected post-hold status post-II. interviewed in sept. pretty shocked :/