2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i interviewed last week friday for dpt and got an email yesterday saying that i am waitlisted (that was fast)! but i'm really really hoping to be eventually accepted! nervous :(

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed last week friday for dpt and got an email yesterday saying that i am waitlisted (that was fast)! but i'm really really hoping to be eventually accepted! nervous :(
What is dpt?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear about the post interview rejections guys, chin up though, the battle continues!

Does anyone know until when this school interviews?

Sorry to hear about the post interview rejections guys, chin up though, the battle continues!

Does anyone know until when this school interviews?

I'm not 100% sure, but it says online that they conclude their interviews in April.

Reactions: 1 user
So I guess no decisions coming out today? I'm surprised!

I'm assuming that since rejections went out yesterday, those of us left in this batch (interviewed end of October/ up to whatever point they reached in November) should be getting either waitlisted or accepted today! We know that they at least made it up to November 8th.
Unfortunately, it seems like this isn't going to be the case today? The wait continues!:nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
Does rfu waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes I believe they do have an "alternate list." Although I haven't seen anyone post that they have been put on that status this cycle.. Some people did mention being put on a "hold" status which I think is different. I've also been trying to find out approximately what % of applicants are accepted post interview but I cant seem to be able to get a number.

Yes I believe they do have an "alternate list." Although I haven't seen anyone post that they have been put on that status this cycle.. Some people did mention being put on a "hold" status which I think is different. I've also been trying to find out approximately what % of applicants are accepted post interview but I cant seem to be able to get a number.

They interview between 900-1000 apparently, and their class # is 190 so let's say they offer 300-400. So post II Acceptance could be 30-40%?

They interview between 900-1000 apparently, and their class # is 190 so let's say they offer 300-400. So post II Acceptance could be 30-40%?

That's actually higher than I expected! And ive heard some people say often that you should estimate about 3x the # of acceptances for # of matriculants so if so than the % is even better. I wonder why only rejections went out Thursday, im really hoping for some good news Monday!

That's actually higher than I expected! And ive heard some people say often that you should estimate about 3x the # of acceptances for # of matriculants so if so than the % is even better. I wonder why only rejections went out Thursday, im really hoping for some good news Monday!

I hope so tooooo I need an RFU buddy!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Actually when I interviewed this past Friday, a student there said she heard that in the past year, they interviewed around 600 out of 12000 applicants. So they may have acceptance rate of 30-50% of interviewees. Just a thought.

Actually when I interviewed this past Friday, a student there said she heard that in the past year, they interviewed around 600 out of 12000 applicants. So they may have acceptance rate of 30-50% of interviewees. Just a thought.

If they only interview 600 applicants than the post interview acceptance % would be alot higher than 50% since there's no way they give out less than 300 acceptances.

If they only interview 600 applicants than the post interview acceptance % would be alot higher than 50% since there's no way they give out less than 300 acceptances.

Do you or anyone else have any idea about how many interview days they offer for the entire application cycle?

Do you or anyone else have any idea about how many interview days they offer for the entire application cycle?

I mean, If you figure out how many times a week they interview you can get an estimate with some math. But I don't really feel like doing that lol.

I mean, If you figure out how many times a week they interview you can get an estimate with some math. But I don't really feel like doing that lol.

If it's true that they do 1000 interviews, then they would have to have about 20 interviews for the entire cycle because they have ~50 interviewees a day.

If it's true that they do 1000 interviews, then they would have to have about 20 interviews for the entire cycle because they have ~50 interviewees a day.

Exactly it's 25 in am 25 in pm per day. They could potentially do 20 interviews if they had 3 days a month between September and April (IF they interview until that long.. I believe they do).

Looks like the RFU website updated their class profile - they did receive ~12000 apps last year. As per MSAR, 971 people were interviewed for the 2015 class.

Exactly it's 25 in am 25 in pm per day. They could potentially do 20 interviews if they had 3 days a month between September and April (IF they interview until that long.. I believe they do).

Looks like the RFU website updated their class profile - they did receive ~12000 apps last year. As per MSAR, 971 people were interviewed for the 2015 class.

And for my morning interview, they said they were expecting 24 candidates but only 21 showed up. So that limits the number of applicants that actually interview vs projected

Does anyone know whether they take residency or Midwest residency into consideration? Is there an equal/decent chance of getting accepted if you aren't from Illinois/Midwest? I am from the south, that's why I ask.

Does anyone know whether they take residency or Midwest residency into consideration? Is there an equal/decent chance of getting accepted if you aren't from Illinois/Midwest? I am from the south, that's why I ask.

Yep, it's a private institution so there's no in state preferences.

Yes. I am.

I have been accepted at my alma mater and as such am no longer worried about RFU. But, I still have not heard anything from them since the 8-10 week e-mail back in the first week of August.

I want to remind all of you to keep climbing and doing everything you can to get into medical school. Do not stop climbing until you reach the top. I had to reapply a second time and significantly strengthened my application from the first time I applied. It works if you are willing to give it your all and never accept anything but full victory.:thumbup::thumbup:;)

Reactions: 5 users
I have been accepted at my alma mater and as such am no longer worried about RFU. But, I still have not heard anything from them since the 8-10 week e-mail back in the first week of August.

I want to remind all of you to keep climbing and doing everything you can to get into medical school. Do not stop climbing until you reach the top. I had to reapply a second time and significantly strengthened my application from the first time I applied. It works if you are willing to give it your all and never accept anything but full victory.:thumbup::thumbup:;)

Killin' it daily, the only way you know how. You're going to be a DOCTOR. Such a victory is endless... It's a dream. Congratulations brother

RFU does not allow thank you notes, correct? I wanna double check before it's too late

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Would you send a thank you note to all 8 interviewers haha or just the admission's office

I sent a general thank you email to admissions and it was kindly received :)

+1 - I sent in several. One for the admissions office, and a couple others for the people who welcomed us and presented an overview of the school. On my interview day, we were told we could email thank you letters.

Do you guys think that this makes any difference in actually gaining an acceptance? lol

II today :3

Interview scheduled for Jan 6.
Anyone flying into Chicago on Wednesday night? Don't want to take the chance of a flight canceling the day before an interview

Reactions: 3 users
Where's Rosalind with the post-I decisions?
I have no clue! Any theories on when they will go out? Was thinking last Friday or today, but seems unlikely for today at this point.

I have no clue! Any theories on when they will go out? Was thinking last Friday or today, but seems unlikely for today at this point.
Well at this point I have no idea what day they will be going out since I thought after the group of rejections went out last Thursday they would have been sending more news out the day after on Friday, but I do want to point out that the rejections seemed to go out around as late as 8pm so I guess you never know.

To those who got accepted, do you guys have any idea about what it was in your interview that helped you get in. In other words, did you feel like you guys did well enough to where you expected to get in or was the acceptance a surprise ?

To those who got accepted, do you guys have any idea about what it was in your interview that helped you get in. In other words, did you feel like you guys did well enough to where you expected to get in or was the acceptance a surprise ?

Perhaps this is purely anecdotal, but I have noticed a trend of those who felt good about their interview tend to get rejected, and vice versa. Now, is it that those who felt bad are more self aware and neurotic that they nit pick every possible mistake? Possibly. For my MMI, I felt like I nailed 3 stations, did miserable at a few but decent at the rest. I'm also a non trad with some experience under my belt, so that may have helped.

Tl;dr your results may very. But fingers crossed! Are ya hoping for RFU?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I agree with everything you said. It's seems like a weird trend but I have noticed it also. I also felt the same about my stations. First two were bad, rest were okay-good. And yes, would love to get in but only time and luck can tell.

Last edited:
You guys may want to edit out specifics of the MMI to preserve your NDA. Don't want anyone to get blacklisted on a technicality

Anyone flying into Chicago on Wednesday night? Don't want to take the chance of a flight canceling the day before an interview
Congratulations!! I'm really hoping to hear positive news from this school soon. Would you mind sharing when you were complete?

Well at this point I have no idea what day they will be going out since I thought after the group of rejections went out last Thursday they would have been sending more news out the day after on Friday, but I do want to point out that the rejections seemed to go out around as late as 8pm so I guess you never know.

I'm hoping today's the day!

Historically, this week is known to be the week of a lot of decisions coming out from Rosalind and other schools from previous years. I'm hoping thats the case this year as well. The wait's killing me.

Reactions: 3 users
Historically, this week is known to be the week of a lot of decisions coming out from Rosalind and other schools from previous years. I'm hoping thats the case this year as well. The wait's killing me.
For real, I've been anxious ever since the post-I rejections that went out last Thursday. Looking through this thread and the previous cycle's thread, it is unusual for only rejections to come out without other decisions coming out for days later so IDK what's going on, maybe they are having technical issues? I assume since SOME decisions went out, that they already reviewed the applications that interviewed in that time frame (end of Oct to some point in Nov) so I'm not sure what the delay is.

Congrats! When were you complete?

Week 11 coming up tomorrow after their "8-10 week" email. Should I email them or just be patient?