2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Week 11 coming up tomorrow after their "8-10 week" email. Should I email them or just be patient?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
be patient! it took me from 8/4 to 10/26 to get an II!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think that this makes any difference in actually gaining an acceptance? lol

I didn't send one and I was accepted.

I think it is a courtesy but has no bearing on admissions.

Week 11 coming up tomorrow after their "8-10 week" email. Should I email them or just be patient?

It was a full 10 weeks for me to get an II. Hang in there!

Reactions: 1 user

I've been complete since 8/4 and haven't heard anything either. Nothing you can do but continue to wait my friend

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who has been accepted heard anything further, besides the original acceptance and deposit?

Has anyone who has been accepted heard anything further, besides the original acceptance and deposit?

Nada :(, although I did email and was told we'd get more info in the new year. Plus there's an open house March 17!! Are ya likely gonna end up going to RFU?? :)

Tomorrow is my 10 week mark after completion. Are they going past these marks for most people recently?

Tomorrow is my 10 week mark after completion. Are they going past these marks for most people recently?

Well I'm going on week 13 so I would say yes. I think there's some other people who are at week like 16 or something but not totally sure.

@deforestasian
@neurobio23

Oh my XD
Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully you guys hear back soon too... going to assume I won't hear back until January with the holidays coming up then ~

Anybody brave enough to call the admissions office to ask when they are going to release decisions? ;)

Anybody brave enough to call the admissions office to ask when they are going to release decisions? ;)
Not it.
Also, when I was there, one of the admissions folks did say that they read SDN (mostly to monitor for leaked MMI info), so they probably are aware that everyone's waiting on pins and needles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not it.
Also, when I was there, one of the admissions folks did say that they read SDN (mostly to monitor for leaked MMI info), so they probably are aware that everyone's waiting on pins and needles.
I bet some of the people working in admissions at the various schools enjoy watching people on here constantly speculate and make wrong predictions lol

Reactions: 2 users
I bet some of the people working in admissions at the various schools enjoy watching people on here constantly speculate and make wrong predictions lol
1g1jzl.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER EMAIL OH MY GOD IM GONNA BE AN MD CHICAGO HERE I COME BABY

interview date november 4th!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER OH MY GOD IM GONNA BE AN MD CHICAGO HERE I COME BABY

+1 was initially "on hold"
OOS
LM 66ish
Interviewed first week of October.

Edit: I thought I bombed the MMI, so don't worry if you feel the same.

Double edit: I'll almost 100% withdraw, so hopefully that helps one of you out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted. Interviewed early September. Put on hold early October.

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted! I got really worried when I saw these acceptances pop up and no email but then I checked my promotions tab and there it was! Third time re applicant I am so friggen happy! To bad I'm stuck at work:laugh::soexcited:

Edit: interviewed nov 4th btw

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted! I got really worried when I saw these acceptances pop up and no email but then I checked my promotions tab and there it was! Third time re applicant I am so friggen happy! To bad I'm stuck at work:laugh::soexcited:

I like that it was considered a promotion lmaooo

LOL, me too! (popped into my Promotions tab and interviewed on Nov 4th)

YAAAAYYY!!!!
Just submitted the deposit - See you all in August :highfive::biglove::banana:

Reactions: 4 users
I like that it was considered a promotion lmaooo

It's funny because for a while I've been thinking that it's possible for an acceptance email to end up in promotions just because the wording of "congratulations! yadayada."

Are any of ya going to the open house????

Accepted!! Interviewed 9/30 and placed on hold in early November.

Reactions: 8 users
I have been waiting for 2 years to create an SDN account just for this moment. LizzyM 67 (upward GPA trend, strong research experience), complete 8/9, interviewed 10/14, on hold 11/4, ACCEPTED 12/15! In the promotions folder as well lol.

Words of advice: DON'T LET SDN MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A BAD APPLICANT.

Reactions: 19 users
ACCEPTED TOO! Interviewed Nov. 4th. Already placed my deposit. So excited!

Reactions: 13 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Best birthday present ever! Interviewed October 28th. Sounds a little cliche, but this process has made me very grateful for many people and opportunities I have in my life. Good luck to everyone else that will be interviewing and waiting to hear back. Looking forward to meeting my new classmates!

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone interview on the 18th and was accepted?? I'm so scared right now lol

Accepted!!!
Interviewed Oct 28th, first and only acceptance, non-traditional applicant

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone interview on the 18th and was accepted?? I'm so scared right now lol
I interviewed Nov 18th and haven't heard yet. Thinking they haven't gotten to our date yet!

Open house? I was accepted a while ago but didn't hear about any open houses!? When is that?

It's Saturday march 18!! It was alluded to in my interview and I later googled /found it. I hope y'all come :)

Open house? I was accepted a while ago but didn't hear about any open houses!? When is that?
It's Saturday march 18!! It was alluded to in my interview and I later googled /found it. I hope y'all come :)
From the website
https://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/ad...-houses-and-information-sessions/open-houses/
An on-campus open house is a great opportunity for you to visit campus, tour our facilities, meet faculty and students from your program of interest, and learn more about the application process from our admissions representatives.

Well, while I think it would be nice to meet folks before school starts, and have a chance to show my SO around the neighborhood/look into housing/etc. I don't think this open house is meant for us. It seems like it's geared for prospective applicants, not accepted students.

From the website
https://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/ad...-houses-and-information-sessions/open-houses/
An on-campus open house is a great opportunity for you to visit campus, tour our facilities, meet faculty and students from your program of interest, and learn more about the application process from our admissions representatives.

Well, while I think it would be nice to meet folks before school starts, and have a chance to show my SO around the neighborhood/look into housing/etc. I don't think this open house is meant for us. It seems like it's geared for prospective applicants, not accepted students.
Yeah generally they call an "open house" for accepted students a "second look day" or something along those lines.. Anyone know if Rosalind has one eventually?

Yeah generally they call an "open house" for accepted students a "second look day" or something along those lines.. Anyone know if Rosalind has one eventually?
They do. I asked this question back in October on here and someone said that its in March.

I am still waiting for the official Facebook page for the incoming class.

GOT IN! SO GRATEFULLLLL :soexcited:

with no interviews last year and only a single one so far at RFU, can't explain what I feel!!!

Reactions: 15 users
GOT IN! SO GRATEFULLLLL :soexcited:

with no interviews last year and only a single one so far at RFU, can't explain what I feel!!!
Congratulations man! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations man! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Not at all! I am a Canadian applicant, LM 67ish, cgpa 3.8, MCAT 509

Oh I had no idea there was a second look day! Good thing I haven't booked time off work yet :p. I do know we are supposed to receive more info in the new year though :).

did most people receive an application update once it hit 10 weeks from complete?

When can you withdraw and still receive deposit of 100 dollars back? It's April something...

Sent from my iPhone