2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my II! Does anyone know if there are still spots open or is this interview more for the waitlist. I just feel lie its very late in the process.

I doubt they'd invite you to interview if they were not genuinely interested. Getting the II is the biggest hurdle.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go! When were you complete?
Thank you! First MD interview. Very nervous. I was complete 8/4. Anyone know # of interviewees and acceptances they give out?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any way you can check your status online? When I click on the link for the supplemental application it just says that it's closed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! First MD interview. Very nervous. I was complete 8/4. Anyone know # of interviewees and acceptances they give out?

I know earlier in the thread we were discussing this, I think they interview ~900 and the class is 190 so.. perhaps they offer ~400?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does this school do silent rejections I haven't heard anything back for months. Are they done giving out IIs?

I have been waiting since the end of July and haven't heard anything, but the school rejected one of my friends pre-interview. From last year's post, the school gave acceptances couple days before the 1st day of school.

Any accepted students hear back about the Facebook group yet? All I've received so far is the invite to the accepted students day.

3.5 months since the "application complete, 8-10 weeks for updates" email...still no word whatsoever. should I call to check up? seems like a wave of II's just came out but I was passed over, any chance for a II at this point do you think?

Reactions: 1 users
3.5 months since the "application complete, 8-10 weeks for updates" email...still no word whatsoever. should I call to check up? seems like a wave of II's just came out but I was passed over, any chance for a II at this point do you think?

+1

Does anyone know anything about a "pre interview waitlist"? I am looking at the thread from last year and they all mentioned it around this time of year.

Been complete since 10/20. At 14 weeks with no status update email.

Been complete since 10/20. At 14 weeks with no status update email.
That's pretty late, they probably had many thousands of applications to get through before yours. All you can do is be patient!

That's pretty late, they probably had many thousands of applications to get through before yours. All you can do is be patient!
I finished my application for RF on 8/19, but I got the "your application is complete" email on 10/20. I probably won't get an ii from here, but it's still nice to hope for one.

I finished my application for RF on 8/19, but I got the "your application is complete" email on 10/20. I probably won't get an ii from here, but it's still nice to hope for one.

Similar situation here. Just hoping for an invite.

Got a hold e-mail today, one day shy of 17 weeks after receiving the "complete" notice. Thankfully I have two MD acceptances and have yet to hear from 4 other interviews. IS with LM >70.

Complete late October

No rejection no interview

Reactions: 2 users
II this morning, complete in July, MCAT 504 GPA 3.75
unsure if I'll go to the interview because I already have an instate acceptance, advice is welcomed and appreciated!

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning, complete in July, MCAT 504 GPA 3.75
unsure if I'll go to the interview because I already have an instate acceptance, advice is welcomed and appreciated!
Congrats on the II! Honestly I would have a hard time justifying paying OOS private tuition when I could go to my state school. It's up to you to determine if the cost of attendance difference is enough. Ask yourself, if I had to pay 100k more would I still be okay with my decision?

Hi, I just got II this morning. What time does the morning interview and the afternoon interview start and end? Thanks!

II this morning as well. LizzyM ~70 OOS. Complete late July. Available dates included tomorrow and a few in Early-Mid Feb

Reactions: 4 users
Sort of random question, but I'm having trouble deciding if it's worth it to go to an interview I have next month at evms (Eastern Virginia medical school.) Having already been accepted here, and seeing the estimated cost of attendance is about 10k lower at Chicago. Anyone have any incite on whether or not I should take the 8 hour drive over there? It's hard for me to turn down interviews but I just don't know if I would go there over Chicago if I had the choice, but I'm really not completely sure either.

Sort of random question, but I'm having trouble deciding if it's worth it to go to an interview I have next month at evms (Eastern Virginia medical school.) Having already been accepted here, and seeing the estimated cost of attendance is about 10k lower at Chicago. Anyone have any incite on whether or not I should take the 8 hour drive over there? It's hard for me to turn down interviews but I just don't know if I would go there over Chicago if I had the choice, but I'm really not completely sure either.

I would just go for it. You never know what you might think about the school. Looking back 10 years from now what are you more likely to regret, not going or the money spent going to the interview?

Hi, just a general (maybe silly) question regarding sending final university transcripts to RFU: Do accepted students just get them sent from the undergrad institution to the same Green Bay Rd, North Chicago RFU Address? or is there any other part of this procedure?

Hey guys! My interview is next Friday so I'm looking for any advice regarding the MMI since I've never done an interview of this type. Thanks!

I suggest you read through the advice on this thread and look through other threads of schools that have MMIs (upstate and Albany were my two others.) Look up practice MMI questions, practice properly articulating your thought process to arrive at a conclusion. Remember to weigh both sides of the argument.

Hi, just a general (maybe silly) question regarding sending final university transcripts to RFU: Do accepted students just get them sent from the undergrad institution to the same Green Bay Rd, North Chicago RFU Address? or is there any other part of this procedure?

Yup! We sent them to this address last year:
Rosalind Franklin University
CMS Admissions
3333 Green Bay Road
North Chicago, IL 60064

If I can't make the accepted students day, do I have to let RFUMS know? I'm not sure if we're expected to RSVP regardless

If I can't make the accepted students day, do I have to let RFUMS know? I'm not sure if we're expected to RSVP regardless
I emailed them about that and here's what they told me (no mentioning of RSVP):

"Thank you for your email regarding the Accepted Student Visit Day. We encourage students to attend the event as it is a great opportunity for you to begin building connections and hopefully get any remaining questions that you may have answered. However, if you are unable to attend the event, we will be hosting another Admitted Student Visit Day on Saturday, April 22. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!"