2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Rosalind Franklin open to ITA emails? I read on here that they won't consider updates pre-II. Just curious if anyone has tried an ITA email. Thanks!

What's ITA?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Are you a current student?

Would you be able to comment on the increased clinical experience as people in previous year threads have mentioned this to be a downside of RFU? Do you think students are adequately prepared for STEP? Is research easily attainable?

Thank you!

Hi! Sorry just saw your message.

Clinical experience:
As an M1, in terms of formal experience, we have a clinical skills course where we work with both standardized and real patients. Through student organizations, there are sooo many clinical volunteering positions both in the area and in the city. For instance, we have our Interprofessional Community Clinic at our school's health clinic and clinical screenings hosted by different groups.

As an M2, we have a preceptorship program. I'm not very familiar with the details, but you are paired with a physician mentor.

I think RFU is working on getting more clinical experience in our curriculum, but I definitely don't feel there's a shortage of opportunities.

STEP:
Again, as an M1, I can't speak from experience, but our board scores are consistently at the national average so I think we are adequately prepared.

Research:
I'm personally not involved in research, but my classmates have all found opportunities just by talking with faculty. It seems pretty easy to get involved if that's what you're interested in. Most people do research the summer after M1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Rosalind Franklin open to ITA emails? I read on here that they won't consider updates pre-II. Just curious if anyone has tried an ITA email. Thanks!
They're not open to them: I am currently in Chicago for their interview. I was here 5 weeks ago for a funeral, called RFU and sent an email but they told me they weren't open to ITA interviews. I get home a couple days later and that afternoon I get an email inviting me back for an interview (that I'm at now)... crazy frustrating and a waste of money but what can you do?

Just got the accepted students day invite email! Yay!

Reactions: 4 users
To current students and anyone that might know -- Is the Accepted Student Visit Day recommended to all incoming students? or is it mainly for undecided students?

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody planning to bring a guest to the accepted students day? Parents, significant others, etc?

Anybody planning to bring a guest to the accepted students day? Parents, significant others, etc?
I'm bringing my hubby.

To current students and anyone that might know -- Is the Accepted Student Visit Day recommended to all incoming students? or is it mainly for undecided students?
As far as I understand it, it's for all accepted students.
If you're undecided, it's a chance to see the campus again, ask more questions without the stress of interviewing, and get a better feel for the place.
If you are decided, you can do all those things, as well as start looking at housing, research opportunities, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm bringing my hubby.

As far as I understand it, it's for all accepted students.
If you're undecided, it's a chance to see the campus again, ask more questions without the stress of interviewing, and get a better feel for the place.
If you are decided, you can do all those things, as well as start looking at housing, research opportunities, etc.

That's what I'm most worried about... housing/moving. I'm hoping they send us more info soon so I can figure this whole Visa thing out D:

In last year's forum, people were placed on an interview waitlist. I haven't seen anyone mention this on this year's forum. Are they still doing this?

Members don't see this ad :)
In last year's forum, people were placed on an interview waitlist. I haven't seen anyone mention this on this year's forum. Are they still doing this?
When you schedule an interview you can place yourself on a waitlist for a date that's full. I think that's probably what they were talking about?

does anyone know the code for this school as far as FAFSA is concerned? I tried searching the school and couldn't find it!

Are you doing your FAFSA now? Don't you need to fill your 2016 taxes first?
You need your 2015 taxes completed. Your 2016 taxes aren't due until April so FAFSA won't require those until next year's application.

You need your 2015 taxes completed. Your 2016 taxes aren't due until April so FAFSA won't require those until next year's application.
Thanks for clarifying! So if I have my 2015 taxes, I can just use that info to fill out my upcoming FAFSA for 2017-18?

Thanks for clarifying! So if I have my 2015 taxes, I can just use that info to fill out my upcoming FAFSA for 2017-18?
Yes! Or you can just use the IRS data retrieval tool and they can pull your 2015 tax info for you. But I think you have to eventually verify your 2016 income and stuff on the FAFSA website.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, as Ayy_MadScientist said. I completed my FAFSA last week with my 2015 tax info and it was verified the next day. So it works :)

Do hurry though. Many schools had 1/15 as the priority deadline. A bunch of others have 2/1. Its a good thing you asked and didn't wait around for tax season!

Reactions: 3 users
Do hurry though. Many schools had 1/15 as the priority deadline. A bunch of others have 2/1. Its a good thing you asked and didn't wait around for tax season!
We'd be applying for 2017-18 FAFSA?

Thanks everyone for answering my FAFSA related questions. I was confused because the last time I applied for FAFSA in 2014 (for 2014-15 school year), I needed my tax info from 2013. So to apply for 2017-18 FAFSA, I thought I would need to file my taxes for 2016 first. However, according to FAFSA's website, as well as everyone else telling me on here, the new guideline is: "If you are filling out the 2017–18 FAFSA, you will also need 2015 tax information. (Starting with the 2017–18 FAFSA, you'll need to report income information from the tax year two years prior to the academic year. Learn more about the 2017–18 FAFSA.)"

Thanks again and hope everyone is having a good MLK holiday!

Thanks everyone for answering my FAFSA related questions. I was confused because the last time I applied for FAFSA in 2014 (for 2014-15 school year), I needed my tax info from 2013. So to apply for 2017-18 FAFSA, I thought I would need to file my taxes for 2016 first. However, according to FAFSA's website, as well as everyone else telling me on here, the new guideline is: "If you are filling out the 2017–18 FAFSA, you will also need 2015 tax information. (Starting with the 2017–18 FAFSA, you'll need to report income information from the tax year two years prior to the academic year. Learn more about the 2017–18 FAFSA.)"

Yeah, they switched this summer from prior-year reporting to prior-prior year reporting, with the idea that folks could file FAFSA earlier.
Glad you got it figured out :)

Does this school do silent rejections I haven't heard anything back for months. Are they done giving out IIs?

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks for the link! I hadn't realized it changed
Does this school do silent rejections I haven't heard anything back for months. Are they done giving out IIs?
+1 Submitted August 18th; Marked as complete 10/25

Seems like a lot of you are bringing a spouse to the accepted students day on Feb 11. Anyone fresh out of undergrad bringing a parent?

Seems like a lot of you are bringing a spouse to the accepted students day on Feb 11. Anyone fresh out of undergrad bringing a parent?

Right? Not fresh outta undergrad but also no spouse. My parents audibly laughed at me when I asked if they want to join, though I kind of asked facetiously. Guess I'll bring my cat..

My 0.02? Might be harder to mingle with parents around, but to each their own!

Got put on hold, does anyone know what the chances are of getting off of hold?

Complete email on 9/30, LizzyM 68

Just got my II! Does anyone know if there are still spots open or is this interview more for the waitlist. I just feel lie its very late in the process.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got my II! Does anyone know if there are still spots open or is this interview more for the waitlist. I just feel lie its very late in the process.

Way to go! When were you complete?

Hope I get one too soon! It's been 10weeks since complete email