2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send any sort of acceptance packets? I was accepted on the 15th.

We didn't receive any physical acceptance packages last year, so I wouldn't worry about it. RFU pretty much communicates exclusively via email. I also vaguely remember our class' Facebook group was created in the middle of January.

It also looks like the first Accepted Students Day runs from 11:45-5pm on February 11! You guys will get more information as the date gets closer. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected today via email, pre-II. Last email communication from them was dated 8/25/16 (courtesy message informing me that preliminary screening is complete). LizzyM 75.

We didn't receive any physical acceptance packages last year, so I wouldn't worry about it. RFU pretty much communicates exclusively via email. I also vaguely remember our class' Facebook group was created in the middle of January.

It also looks like the first Accepted Students Day runs from 11:45-5pm on February 11! You guys will get more information as the date gets closer. :)

Hey! Are you a current student?

Would you be able to comment on the increased clinical experience as people in previous year threads have mentioned this to be a downside of RFU? Do you think students are adequately prepared for STEP? Is research easily attainable?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is more than one applicant revisit day? Or is it just the Feb. 11th date?

Oops... I was just taking the info from the AAMC traffic rules. I wouldn't really know if schools follow them :).
You are right.. AMCAS states, "Each school's pre-enrollment deposit should not exceed $100 and (except for EDP applicants) be refundable until April 30. If the applicant enrolls at the school, the school should credit the deposit toward tuition. All schools should not to require additional deposits or matriculation fees prior to matriculation." I don't know how that other school got away with charging more... but all schools should be $100 or less. Rules might be different for EDP/MSTP/etc.

II 1/6/17 !!!! I see that there will be an 8 station MMI, however will there be a 1 on 1 segment?

Reactions: 2 users
How many of y'all think you'll be coming the 11th? Would be nice to "see" some familiar faces.. errr.. usernames? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
How many of y'all think you'll be coming the 11th? Would be nice to "see" some familiar faces.. errr.. usernames? Lol.

I'm thinking about coming so I can show the hubby around and start to look into housing. I've already got that Friday off, so the timing is good for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking about coming so I can show the hubby around and start to look into housing. I've already got that Friday off, so the timing is good for me.

Yeah same here, timing is perfect!

I'm 50/50. Coming from upstate NY, so it wouldn't be the cheapest weekend in the world

Anyone have any insight on why the average graduate indebtedness is so high for RFU? Comparing the total estimated cost of attendance with Rosalind to my state schools shows a difference of only about 7-8k per year so say about 30k over 4 years. Yet the average indebtness of graduates is different by as much as 150k. Why would this be? Is the average student who goes to RFU starting out with more debt or is it something else?

Anyone have any insight on why the average graduate indebtedness is so high for RFU? Comparing the total estimated cost of attendance with Rosalind to my state schools shows a difference of only about 7-8k per year so say about 30k over 4 years. Yet the average indebtness of graduates is different by as much as 150k. Why would this be? Is the average student who goes to RFU starting out with more debt or is it something else?

Maybe they don't give a lot of need based grants. All I can think of.

Probably. They do have a reputation for taking more non-trad, career-changer students, who would likely come in with more debt. I'm in that boat and will have ~100K in loans before starting.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still not hear back after interviewing in November??

I interviewed on December 2nd and haven't heard back, but I think everyone that interviewed prior to January can assume they're semi-waitlisted. I don't think anyone has been put on a waitlist yet, and it seems they rushed to get a few more acceptances out at the end of December for interviewees later than me. That makes me think they're entering the waitlist territory.

Although, it's right around the six week mark for my interview date, so maybe you've been grouped into that pile (I assume you were November 18th) and we'll all hear back again in the coming days.

Last edited:
Submitted my secondary at the end of August still no rejection or interview invite

Reactions: 11 users
Is there a traditional interview component to the MMI? Like a typical "who are you and why are you interested in medicine" part?

Has this been confirmed by the school? I have yet to receive anything from them since the acceptance email.

Has this been confirmed by the school? I have yet to receive anything from them since the acceptance email.

I found out the info from the admissions team; an email should be out by next week.

It's kinda hard to divulge details without breaking the nondisclosure agreement :(. Just prepare for the traditional questions in case one comes up!
Oh oops that's actually not my question! Are there separate one on one traditional long interviews? I've heard some schools have both. Thank you!!

Oh oops that's actually not my question! Are there separate one on one traditional long interviews? I've heard some schools have both. Thank you!!

Again hard to disclose! In my interview invite email they indicated it was MMI only - is that what they indicated on yours??

Again hard to disclose! In my interview invite email they indicated it was MMI only - is that what they indicated on yours??
I don't see anything in the email but on the website it mentions MMI and nothing else, so I'll assume they mean it's MMI only. Thanks again!

I don't see anything in the email but on the website it mentions MMI and nothing else, so I'll assume they mean it's MMI only. Thanks again!

It's generally a good idea to prepare for the very general questions regardless, like why do you want to be a doctor, why this school, tell me about yourself, etc.

MMI doesn't have to be exclusively ethics or critical thinking questions. It's just multiple mini interviews. There is nothing stopping them from jamming a standard interview question in there.

Good luck!

Expensive private school. Keep in mind that those averages compare everyone, including those people who go to state schools that are very cheap. Outliers may have 0 debt if they went to a particular school and had their parents pay.

I recently received a background check email. Have other accepted students also received this?

I interviewed on December 2nd and haven't heard back, but I think everyone that interviewed prior to January can assume they're semi-waitlisted. I don't think anyone has been put on a waitlist yet, and it seems they rushed to get a few more acceptances out at the end of December for interviewees later than me. That makes me think they're entering the waitlist territory.

Although, it's right around the six week mark for my interview date, so maybe you've been grouped into that pile (I assume you were November 18th) and we'll all hear back again in the coming days.
Ahh, ok... I didn't notice there hasn't been wait list activity! Oh well, here's to another (potential) wait list...:boom: :whistle:

Is Rosalind Franklin open to ITA emails? I read on here that they won't consider updates pre-II. Just curious if anyone has tried an ITA email. Thanks!