2016-2017 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It would be nice if all the interviewed people, especially from the early interview could participate more/show anticipation..lol
SUFFER WITH US, DAMMIT

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I recall from one our talks last week that it was said within two weeks.. So if that's corrects maybe next week...?
Keytonez called today for the latest update, it's on the previous page

SUFFER WITH US, DAMMIT
haha, right. I just hope we are not optimistically waiting for a missed bus...it would be nice to have more people...joining sdn after interview should be mandatory for the wellbeing of the interviewees...

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know what having a march interview means in terms of timeline for hearing back?

anyone know what having a march interview means in terms of timeline for hearing back?
I would think April, along with the waitlisted acceptance..It definitely won't be a 7 months wait for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think it would be okay if I went straight from the airport to the mixer the night before? I would have my luggage with me but I'm worried I'll be late if I go to where I'm staying first.

Do you guys think it would be okay if I went straight from the airport to the mixer the night before? I would have my luggage with me but I'm worried I'll be late if I go to where I'm staying first.

Feel free to bring your luggage to the mixer :) It'll just be in our student lounge, so you can just leave it in one of the corners for the hour.

Reactions: 1 user
I got that same scam call from a Los Angeles number that someone else mentioned earlier. Couldn't answer cause I was at work, when I called back I just heard piano music.

Whyyyyy...

I got that same scam call from a Los Angeles number that someone else mentioned earlier. Couldn't answer cause I was at work, when I called back I just heard piano music.

Whyyyyy...
I'll be praying that your emotional scars heal quickly comrade.

*Jeopardy music playing continuously in all of our heads"

Reactions: 3 users
Might be a silly question, but do you guys think that the gap/time between secondary submission and an II is indicative of anything at UCLA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Might be a silly question, but do you guys think that the gap/time between secondary submission and an II is indicative of anything at UCLA?

See my post #1000 on page 20:

Haha sorry everyone! It's a long wait, but in the end what matters most is where you end up, not when you got in...I know it's easy for me to say that as someone who's done with the process, but my best friends here who were accepted in May are just as happy at DGSOM as the one who was accepted in December.

As everyone's probably aware, only a handful of acceptances have gone out. We students are currently gearing up for the first major waves of acceptances coming out soon, but that's all I can say at this point. At that point, we'll be reaching out to accepted applicants (hopefully you!), and there will be a large and diverse pool of current students who will all be happy to answer your questions and provide you with different perspectives. I really appreciated having access to this database of students who spent a lot of time writing quite detailed and personalized responses, and I'll be helping coordinate this effort this year. I would highly recommend that you all reach out to current students at any school you're considering before making your final decisions; if there isn't a dedicated system for this in place at every institution, reach out to the admissions offices and they'll be happy to connect you.

I will say though that there is a very good reason that the UCLA admissions process takes time. They in the admissions office are not just sipping tea taking their leisurely time--quite the opposite, in fact. Ours is a thorough process where even the screening is much more involved than simply clicking "filter by GPA/MCAT" on AMCAS. Combine that with the fact that just under an entire 1/3rd of all applicants who apply anywhere in the USA apply here, and you have a formula for a very time-intensive review process. That's all I'll say about it here, but considering that I tell all of my tour groups that my favorite thing about DGSOM is my peer group--which is saying a lot, as I'm quite satisfied with everything this school has to offer--I'm very happy with our admissions process and the group of people it selected to be my classmates. Ask Dean Hall about our admissions process at Second Look Weekend, or better yet, if you matriculate here then volunteer to work admissions and see it for yourself!

In the meantime while waiting, really do try to enjoy and make the most of these last few months before matriculating. After that, chances are you'll be busier than you've ever been before, right up until you retire. :)

Reactions: 4 users
@belvita I saw a crushed Belvita box on the side of the highway on my way to work this morning. I hope you and your family are safe. #prayingforyou

Reactions: 6 users
@belvita I saw a crushed Belvita box on the side of the highway on my way to work this morning. I hope you and your family are safe. #prayingforyou

29927525.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
show us some love UCLA :naughty:

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! Been lurking here but haven't posted yet. I'm interviewing here next week. Excited because dream school. Scared because already waitlisted at another top choice UC, and no acceptances so far. Got the II on 01/11/17. Yeeeeee!!

Hi everyone! Been lurking here but haven't posted yet. I'm interviewing here next week. Excited because dream school. Scared because already waitlisted at another top choice UC, and no acceptances so far. Got the II on 01/11/17. Yeeeeee!!

Thanks for posting

You just increased our sample size for when responses come around haha. :)

Let us increase the sample size by one more, I also have been lurking in the shadows. Good luck everyone. Is there a simple easy way to know how many people have written on this thread?

Im also waiting to hear back!! Have the first round of acceptances gone out yet? Are we just speculating?

Im also waiting to hear back!! Have the first round of acceptances gone out yet? Are we just speculating?

a call last week confirmed that the first round of acceptances has not been released yet...we are (mostly) in limbo

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also rejected post secondary this morning. Grateful for the formal reject - silent rejections are so lame!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected post-secondary as well. Good luck to those still in the running!

On the Application Status page, does everyone still have the "Your online forms are due on: __" line in red? In the table, my supplemental information and letters of recommendation are marked as received (on a date before the one stated in red). I'm just paranoid about the red text still being there because I haven't heard anything back since July... Thanks in advance!

On the Application Status page, does everyone still have the "Your online forms are due on: __" line in red? In the table, my supplemental information and letters of recommendation are marked as received (on a date before the one stated in red). I'm just paranoid about the red text still being there because I haven't heard anything back since July... Thanks in advance!

Yes. Everyone's looks like that. Hang tight.

Still have the red line - no reason to worry about it!

Rejected pre-II. Pretty surprised considering I interviewed at 4 other top 10 schools. Oh well. CA resident...rip

Rejected pre-II. Pretty surprised considering I interviewed at 4 other top 10 schools. Oh well. CA resident...rip
Just now? Trying to figure out if it was 1 wave or if they are trickling out.

I don't have anything like that though.... complete mid-August o_O

Entire process is random. I've interviewed at top 10s and got rejected from my lowest ranked school. Oh well

I feel like interview invites might be over, and they are just sending out the post-secondary rejections now :/

I feel like once acceptances start going out, we will know it because people will post here pretty much immediately.

Ive decided to increase the sample size on here a bit. I interviewed on Jan 9th, which is still very recent, but am anxiously awaiting some news! Wishing you all the best!

Last edited:
cut today, pre-ii complete sometime august
- I'm sorry to hear that :( Wishing you the best of luck and hope you end up in the place you want to! If you don't mind me asking- does this show up in the "Decisions Letter" of the Portal?

Any PRIME applicants get a rejection? Those who didn't get interviewed for PRIME, and were passed along, so are post-secondary, pre-II at DGSOM.

Any PRIME applicants get a rejection? Those who didn't get interviewed for PRIME, and were passed along, so are post-secondary, pre-II at DGSOM.
I'm still in PRIME limbo. Kind of regret applying to the PRIME program.

Reactions: 5 users