2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!

I was curious, has anyone else who interviewed 10/4, or earlier, not heard back yet? I know patience is key but I’m worried my interviewer will continue to forget about me and my personality as time passes.

I interviewed 10/11 and I feel the same way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview at this school coming up next week and I am very excited, but also very nervous! To those of you that have interviewed already, what was your interview day like? Any tips for me as I go into my interview next week?
Thanks!!

I have my interview at this school coming up next week and I am very excited, but also very nervous! To those of you that have interviewed already, what was your interview day like? Any tips for me as I go into my interview next week?
Thanks!!
Don't be stressed. It's a very friendly, welcoming environment. I had a fantastic day, I really enjoyed my interviews and felt like I got an honest glimpse into the school. Also, it's student run.... if that helps you relax a little.

Interview 10/25, Accepted 11/1! Philly resident happy to be coming home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not gotten an II or rejection yet?

Complete 07/29 and silence. Last cycle a friend of mine (who was complete in June) did not hear back from Jeff until mid April for a rejection, so I'm prepared for silence for a looong time yet.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you send updates? I emailed asking but they never answered...

How do you send updates? I emailed asking but they never answered...
You just send it to the admissions email address. You may or may not get a response, but if you want to make sure they got it you can always call and they will check for you.

You just send it to the admissions email address. You may or may not get a response, but if you want to make sure they got it you can always call and they will check for you.
Thanks so much!

II yesterday! Dates in Dec available

Reactions: 3 users
This has probably already been asked.. But does Jefferson accept updates? And if so whats the preferred method?

This has probably already been asked.. But does Jefferson accept updates? And if so whats the preferred method?
Email it to them and they sent me an email confirming they received it

II!!!!! I'm over the moon right now. LM 72, complete 8/1, sent update mid-Oct

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call from Dr. Callahan! Interviewed a few weeks ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 users
Got the call! Accepted!!!! Interviewed 10/25. First one! So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
Does Jefferson do silent rejections? Interviewed 10/4. Still radio silence.

Does Jefferson do silent rejections? Interviewed 10/4. Still radio silence.
Post interview, you just need to hang tight and remember that faculty have busy schedules and busy lives. Your interviewer needs to attend the committee meeting before you get a decision. If that takes 1 week: great. If that takes 5? So be it. Doctor Strange has mentioned that eventually they can make a decision if the faculty can't show up, but a month in seems early.
Does Jefferson do silent rejections?
Pre-interview? They apparently have had some rejections, but I'd expect silence (as with 70% of schools, or you'll get a rejection next August). Post interview? No, I don't believe so.

I've been a lurker here for a while but I wanted to say thank you @Doctor Strange for your extremely helpful replies throughout the process. Had my interview 11/1 and waiting to here back now. If anyone is nervous about interview day, DON'T BE. Everyone is extremely welcoming there.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview invite a couple days ago! Was complete mid-August.

Reactions: 4 users