2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is NYMC receptive of in the area emails? I couldn't find any info on their website or old sdn posts
Good luck getting in touch with them. I have been calling them for the past 2 weeks and no one picks up. I even sent them an email, no response!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Complete mid-July and nada...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is NYMC receptive of in the area emails? I couldn't find any info on their website or old sdn posts

I tried an ITA email a few weeks ago and this was the response:

"We appreciate the email regarding the dates you will be in the NY area. Unfortunately, all invitations must come from the Admissions Committee and we are unable to request an expedited review of an applicant’s file. If you are invited for an interview and we are able to accommodate your request at that time we will be happy to do so. Good luck."

So no, basically.

Those of you with II's/already interviewed what were your complete dates? I was complete 8/22 and Casper 8/10, still nothing.

How long after the secondary did you guys get an interview? Sent in my secondary, still waiting on a response

nymc student here..folks who were put on hold got interviews, as well as folks who werent put on hold. Check out last year's thread if you haven't already. It's a waiting game so just try to stay positive! It also never hurts to start working on things that could contribute to an update letter (regardless of on hold status).
Is it better to be put on hold or to not hear anything at all?

I second this question if anybody can help.

Just got the "put on hold" update although it says the update was from August. Definitely just noticed it and I have checked numerous times since then, so that's weird.
same

Members don't see this ad :)
nymc student here..folks who were put on hold got interviews, as well as folks who werent put on hold. Check out last year's thread if you haven't already. It's a waiting game so just try to stay positive! It also never hurts to start working on things that could contribute to an update letter (regardless of on hold status).

Do we just email them updates?

Do we just email them updates?
there is an art and a science to writing an update letter. Search in the pre-allo/osteo forums for what that means. There must be something of substance to send to a school, not a fluffy "plz interview me" if that makes sense. It's essentially "I was just published/finished X course and got Y grade/etc" to have a few more feathers in your cap.

there is an art and a science to writing an update letter. Search in the pre-allo/osteo forums for what that means. There must be something of substance to send to a school, not a fluffy "plz interview me" if that makes sense. It's essentially "I was just published/finished X course and got Y grade/etc" to have a few more feathers in your cap.

Okay so I just email them then.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Is 7/31 complete when they received your CASPER, or is it pre-CASPER?

My bad, 7/31 was the pre-Casper completion. I think they received my Casper towards the end of August because I took the 7/26 test. Sorry I don't have the exact date!

My bad, 7/31 was the pre-Casper completion. I think they received my Casper towards the end of August because I took the 7/26 test. Sorry I don't have the exact date!

Cool. I just got a II complete 7/31, 8/10 CASPER.
Only dates in mid-December available.

Reactions: 4 users
I was just placed on-hold. It's funny how it says I was placed on-hold on 8/10, yet I just received the portal update today.

Yeah playing the waiting game as well. Complete 7/13 with no word of hold/II/reject

on hold... time to scour last year's thread for hold => interview

Complete 7/11, assuming a rejection?
I hope not! My application has been receiving a whole lot of silence at a whole lot of schools :( I'll give myself till the end of Oct/beginning of November to start writing update letters to the schools that haven't rejected me by then.

I'm looking too! Let me know if you find any...
found quite a few around March (I started from the end of the thread)... it's not uncommon but I'm not going to get my hopes up all the same.

I feel like we're all almost exactly at their matriculant average in terms of stats, so that's why we're doing the longest waiting.

I feel like we're all almost exactly at their matriculant average in terms of stats, so that's why we're doing the longest waiting.

I'm at the same LizzyM (69ish) and I submitted a little later than you guys so I think it also has to do w a bunch of factors (ex experiences, race, etc) other than just stats...it feels like a luck of the draw honestly. I'm not a super spectacular applicant in any way whatsoever. Don't be discouraged tho!!!!

I'm at the same LizzyM (69ish) and I submitted a little later than you guys so I think it also has to do w a bunch of factors (ex experiences, race, etc) other than just stats...it feels like a luck of the draw honestly. I'm not a super spectacular applicant in any way whatsoever. Don't be discouraged tho!!!!
I was told that I have killer ECs but I agree with you that it's a luck of the draw

To everyone waiting on hold -- as an above poster said, if you check past years you'll see plenty of people come off hold. Many of my classmates were on hold, many came from waitlist, and there's no silent rejection here. This is a long, painfully long, so-long-@bananafish94-and-so-many-of-us-pulled-all-our-hair-out-and-are-now-bald cycle. Looking too far into the "how many days from complete to hold" type questions will leech your sanity through the winter months. Just try and be patient and focus on other things. The schools are not going anywhere.

As for getting in touch with the admissions office, email has been good in the past with questions. I don't think they want updates pre-interview if I recall correctly.

On a side note I am currently an M2 here as I said pages ago, so free to send me a PM if you have questions about the school or post here and tag me so I can answer. I've been struggling since the app shut down to get on here but I think I worked out a way to do it.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I just want to get anything at this point - the uncertainty is becoming so annoying...

Too late to apply here? Anyone know how many interviews have been given out?

I had a dream last night that NYMC emailed me my II was being rescinded because I post too much on SDN...

Reactions: 19 users
Placed on hold, joining the crew haha

Where do you guys see that you're on hold? Is it under the secondary received/adcom review section?

Last edited:
I was placed on hold in July, do you think it's worth sending an update (publication)? I don't see an option for that, but maybe email instead?
I did this exactly, however I have not received a confirmation that the update was placed in my file.