2017-2018 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
looks like its all over for me...goodbye dream school. Rejected this AM
Sorry to hear. I'm assuming the rejection is post secondary. Do you mind sharing your complete date, and LizzyM score? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any thoughts on calling the office to get an update on why I haven't gotten a II yet? Complete mid August, LizzyM 76, IS.

Any thoughts on calling the office to get an update on why I haven't gotten a II yet? Complete mid August, LizzyM 76, IS.
I wouldn't say that. I would probably ask for the current status of your app instead, but even that is kind of weird IMO.

Edit: It's been silence for me too. Complete early August.

Silence for me too. I'm IS Lizzy 74.5, complete Aug 12th.
Yeah I was thinking about calling to see what's going on/just ask for an update? Also, how did you indicate to them that you are IS? Do they know that from AMCAS because I didn't see it anywhere on the secondary.

Yeah I was thinking about calling to see what's going on/just ask for an update? Also, how did you indicate to them that you are IS? Do they know that from AMCAS because I didn't see it anywhere on the secondary.
Yeah I believe schools usually know ur state of residence from your primary. Also you can call and ask to see what's going on. I'd bet if they do look into your application they will just let you know that they are simply still considering your application.

Yeah I believe schools usually know ur state of residence from your primary. Also you can call and ask to see what's going on. I'd bet if they do look into your application they will just let you know that they are simply still considering your application.
ok thanks!

Has anyone from the 9/19 interview date still not heard back yet? I feel like it's been quite some time waiting and not sure if this is normal

Reactions: 1 user
Is it just me, or does this cycle seem slower than usual with respect to the UCs? Haven't seen too many II postings lately. I wonder what complete date they are up to...

For those who interviewed in early October, any news yet? When do you think we'll hear back?

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I just wanted to get advice in a dilemma I am in. I received my secondary from UC Irvine today but I am having an issue with the biology pre req requirements. During undergrad I was a chem major and took 1 year of the introductory bio courses. I also took a biochem class and that was about it. Do you think it is worth applying here if I cannot fulfill that requirement? I graduated in 2015 so I have been out of school for a while. Sorry for the long post and thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I just wanted to get advice in a dilemma I am in. I received my secondary from UC Irvine today but I am having an issue with the biology pre req requirements. During undergrad I was a chem major and took 1 year of the introductory bio courses. I also took a biochem class and that was about it. Do you think it is worth applying here if I cannot fulfill that requirement? I graduated in 2015 so I have been out of school for a while. Sorry for the long post and thank you.
I think so! The requirement is 1.5 years with one upper-division biology course. You only need to complete it in time for matriculation. If you have the time and means, can you take a class next semester at a community college or some extension program?

Waitlisted :( Does the school pull a lot of people from the waitlist?

Sooooo... still waiting since my 9/19 interview date. Is it time to maybe get in contact with them since people from 10/24 are hearing back?

Waitlisted :( Does the school pull a lot of people from the waitlist?
MSAR says 75 people are accepted from a wait list of around 200 people.
Do people get rejected post-interview?

Reactions: 1 users

You will have to complete the pre-requisite requirement by the time you matriculate in early August. That should not impact your status in terms of getting an interview or acceptance. If you end up getting an interview and accepted, then you could potentially talk to the admissions office to see what your options are in terms of the pre-requisite and whether you would have to do any additional coursework to complete it.

Got the rejection today at 5:01 PM. Complete 8/7. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

does UC irvine accept update letters?

Got the rejection today at 5:01 PM. Complete 8/7. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Thanks for the info! Good luck w the rest of the cycle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to hear that. :-(
Extra sorry since my LM is similar and I was complete around the same time. I'm bracing myself!
Hope the rest of your cycle goes well!

Last edited:
does UC irvine accept update letters?

Yeah, they accept updates but you have to do it through the communication tab in your portal. They only accept updates in the body of the message so no .pdf, .doc, etc.

Wow! Rejected today! Stings a lil but still have hope for other schools. Good luck to everyone else!

LizzyM: 70, ORM, IS

Thank you! Two dates in December. Forgot to check any later months unfortunately

Do any Med Students here know anything about merit aid that UCI offers? I'm assuming it's very rare, being a state school.

I was offered an interview pretty early, and accepted on the first day.... My stats aren't unbelievable and I'm definitely not expecting anything, but does anyone know the percentage of kids who are awarded merit-based scholarships?

I loved UCI, and being in-state, it's relatively cheap already. Was just curious.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post....

But is anyone else accepted here torn between UCI and Keck USC? Let me know or dm if in the same boat.

Any pre-meds, med students, etc... have any thoughts on where students tend to be happier?

Do any Med Students here know anything about merit aid that UCI offers? I'm assuming it's very rare, being a state school.

I was offered an interview pretty early, and accepted on the first day.... My stats aren't unbelievable and I'm definitely not expecting anything, but does anyone know the percentage of kids who are awarded merit-based scholarships?

I loved UCI, and being in-state, it's relatively cheap already. Was just curious.

I attended a financial aid workshop during the LMSA conference and their financial aid person Luis said very few do and most students finance their education through federal loans.

Just got an II for prime!!! complete 11/2

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II last night which I honestly thought was gonna be a rejection. OOS with no ties, complete ~7/20, LizzyM ~77. VERY EXCITED.

Reactions: 2 users
II on 11/16. Complete 7/21. IS. LM 70.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post....

But is anyone else accepted here torn between UCI and Keck USC? Let me know or dm if in the same boat.

Any pre-meds, med students, etc... have any thoughts on where students tend to be happier?

I too am left with this decision to make, and I’m also torn!!! I’d love to hear from current UCI students on their experiences at UCI

Received II today, IS and complete late July! Dates available 12/11 and 1/8.

Reactions: 3 users