2017-2018 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R just now, 11am on a Sunday morning. Not going to lie, seems pretty cold.

That's rough man, I'm sorry. Hope you receive luck somewhere else!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
R just now, 11am on a Sunday morning. Not going to lie, seems pretty cold.
Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind sharing is the R pre II, post II, or pre secondary? Also complete date?

R this morning also. Post secondary. Anywho, that’s probably it for me CA wise. Fill me in for a CA RES who goes elsewhere for MED school. Honestly over the traffic, high price of living, smog, lack of rain, and all that.(don’t believe me. Just salty)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For all interested, the last reported II went out on 2/26 last year. Let’s gooooooo.

Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind sharing is the R pre II, post II, or pre secondary? Also complete date?
Pre-II, post secondary. I was complete in early August so I guess I lasted a while! lol
Good luck to all still in the running!

R this morning also. Post secondary. Anywho, that’s probably it for me CA wise. Fill me in for a CA RES who goes elsewhere for MED school. Honestly over the traffic, high price of living, smog, lack of rain, and all that.(don’t believe me. Just salty)
You're in better shape than I, with still no interviews at all. :-(
At least I get to stay in CA next year? (Too soon? lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing, don't think I'd be a good fit, and slightly salty my faculty interview was the same time as the tour. GL everyone :).

Accepted!! Was this morning via phone call

been complete since july and heard nothing. trying to figure out what they're doing ugh

Members don't see this ad :)
To all those who have already interviewed/will be interviewing, do you think it will look bad if I don't attend the pre-interview dinner? Did anyone not attend the pre-interview dinner when they interviewed?

To all those who have already interviewed/will be interviewing, do you think it will look bad if I don't attend the pre-interview dinner? Did anyone not attend the pre-interview dinner when they interviewed?
It's not a big deal at all. The pre-interview dinner is held so that you can learn more about the school and talk to current students. On my interview day there were around 40 people at the actual interview and I would say only half of them were at the dinner.

Just got rejected pre interview invitation. In-state applicant, Complete 8/27/17

Just got accepted today! In-state, interviewed on 1/8. This is such a wonderful school, I'm ecstatic. Best of luck to you all.

Just got accepted today! In-state, interviewed on 1/8. This is such a wonderful school, I'm ecstatic. Best of luck to you all.
Hi, Congratulations!!!! Can you share what you LM score was? Best of luck!!!

Complete silence since mid-July :(

Waitlisted earlier in the cycle. After attending other interviews, I think UC Irvine is my top choice. Are they receptive to LOIs and updates? I haven't sent them anything yet. I have acceptances at other lower-ranked schools. Can I mention them in my Letter of intent?

Does anyone know when UCI start letting people off the waitlist? Thank you!

Based on previous SDN threads, I think it's going to be May. It's not clear if it's May 1st or May 15th. Likely May 15th.

II today. Only saw 2 Feb dates but think they are holding interviews til March--that's what the host form says.

Anyone else receive that financial aid email without an II?

When I am emailing my faculty interviewer a thank you note, is it a good idea to BCC the admissions email address or does that come off as a disingenuous thank you note then?

When I am emailing my faculty interviewer a thank you note, is it a good idea to BCC the admissions email address or does that come off as a disingenuous thank you note then?

I sent an email to my interviewer only. No need to BCC the admissions email.

Still waiting for that response... II or R? Really hoping for the former! :)

Does Irvine have second look/When is it?

UCI does not have a second look day. Accepted students receive periodic emails about upcoming UCISOM events that they're invited to attend. At these events, they'd have an opportunity to talk to students/faculty informally.

The pre-interview dinner is optional. It's a chance for applicants to meet current medical students and to get to learn more about UCI while eating free pizza/salad. Whether or not you attend has no effect on your application.

Waitlisted earlier in the cycle. After attending other interviews, I think UC Irvine is my top choice. Are they receptive to LOIs and updates? I haven't sent them anything yet. I have acceptances at other lower-ranked schools. Can I mention them in my Letter of intent?

In past years, mid-April was generally the time where more accepted applicants start withdrawing their acceptances from schools and the waitlist gets re-evaluated. Updates and/or LOIs would best be sent around that time. I'm not sure about mentioning your other acceptances.

In past years, waitlist movement generally started at the very end of April/early May.

I don't think it matters whether or not you BCC the admissions email. Applicants sometimes submit thank you notes through the admissions office email and they'll pass along the thank you note to your interviewer.

I was only given two choices (one at the end of February and beginning of April!)

Oh cool, I was surprised to hear from an interviewee today that they're planning on interviewing into April. Glad that was actually true. Good luck to all!

Does anyone happen to know if the MMI interview is weighted more heavily than the student and faculty interview (being that its recorded and can be reviewed multiple times)? I felt like I did not do well on my MMI and that my student and faculty interview went much better...

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't expect the MMI to be weighted more heavily than the other interviews.

Does anyone know how UCI prefers to receive an extra LOR?

I'm waitlisted, so do I ask my letter writer to send it directly to the admissions email or should I ask them to send it to Interfolio to be sent to AMCAS, who will send it to UCI?

Also a recent II after thinking it was over for me here. All I saw were dates in April.

Dang sorry. Its so weird how they are doing there rejections/ ii's. I still haven't heard back but am totally unsure if i should have hope or not.

I'm in the same boat. Sent them a love letter through the portal today to see if that would do anything

Does anyone know how UCI prefers to receive an extra LOR?

I'm waitlisted, so do I ask my letter writer to send it directly to the admissions email or should I ask them to send it to Interfolio to be sent to AMCAS, who will send it to UCI?
Hello! I sent them my letter through Interfolio then checked if they got it via the portal.