2017-2018 University of California - Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just a few minutes ago for PRIME but the only available dates are 12/11 and 2/26. Any advice on which to pick? 12/11 is right during my finals week and doesn't give me much time to prepare but 2/26 is so far out...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
rejection email this afternoon. complete 9/4. in state. good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! Zot zot zot!!

Reactions: 3 users
Do you know if UC Irvine accepts anyone from the waitlist at this point? Does it help to send a letter of interest ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How did you know that waitlist movement happens after 4/30? Was it written somewhere? Thanks!
That day is known as traffic day because people holding multiple acceptances have to pick one school... so spots open up for waitlist students

Hey does anyone know if we can turn in that social security form after our interview like fax it to them?

Edit:yes you can in case anyone else is wondering

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed 12/4 or 12/11 catch when they said we can expect to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
end of january/early february. adcom wont meet until after the holidays
I figured. I just looked at the threads from past years and some people who interviewed beginning of december heard back beginning of January so I was checking if anything was specifically said

Waitlist. Interviewed about a month ago. Kind of surprised lol

Waitlist. Interviewed about a month ago. Kind of surprised lol
Wow, sorry it wasn't an acceptance! Liked your post because I agree it's kind of out of nowhere, in light of how quiet this thread has been. Better than an R, and may it turn into an A in the new year.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we suppose to submit our FAFSA to UCI even before II? On the UCInetID portal its says that the FAFSA form needs to be submitted before 03/02/2017 to be considered on time. I submitted mine a few weeks ago and it doesn't show up as received even though the site says it should be received within 5 business days of sending. I'm thinking the school wouldn't download the doc and waste time on it before sending an II, but I'm just curious if any of you guys have any insight.

Are we suppose to submit our FAFSA to UCI even before II? On the UCInetID portal its says that the FAFSA form needs to be submitted before 03/02/2017 to be considered on time. I submitted mine a few weeks ago and it doesn't show up as received even though the site says it should be received within 5 business days of sending. I'm thinking the school wouldn't download the doc and waste time on it before sending an II, but I'm just curious if any of you guys have any insight.
Financial aid told us they wouldn't download anything until after new years

Can anyone with a recent II comment on what dates they are offering?

II just now! I am so surprised. There were two dates available, one in january and one in february. I was complete Aug 8th.

Last edited:
II just now! I am so surprised. There were two dates available one in january and one in february. I was complete Aug 8th.

II on the weekend during break? Woah, did not expect that. Congrats!

Hi all,

I'm currently on the waitlist and recently was offered a letter of recommendation from a physician I've been working with. Does anyone know how to go about sending in another LOR post-interview? Thanks for the help!

Hi all,

I'm currently on the waitlist and recently was offered a letter of recommendation from a physician I've been working with. Does anyone know how to go about sending in another LOR post-interview? Thanks for the help!

LORs are always sent through AMCAS. You can return to your AMCAS to add additional letters.

Last edited:
Is activating your UCInetID required to receive an II? I don't check the application portal and decided today was a good day and notice that it says we should.

Is activating your UCInetID required to receive an II? I don't check the application portal and decided today was a good day and notice that it says we should.

No. IIs were being sent out even before the UCInetID was available, so activating it is not required to receive an II.

Rejected just now pre-secondary. This one is very frustrating. I got an automatic email from them right after my primary was verified early August and I just knew this was coming. I thought I was a great fit for their PRIME-LC program. Grrrrrr

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

it appears the adcoms here have gone missing!

Rejected just now pre-secondary. This one is very frustrating. I got an automatic email from them right after my primary was verified early August and I just knew this was coming. I thought I was a great fit for their PRIME-LC program. Grrrrrr

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
+1

This post-II wait is killin me. Interviewed 12/04 still waiting on a decision.

Accepted!!! Interviewed 12/4. SO HAPPY AND EXCITED!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
+1 Interviewed late Nov. FINALLY love from my hommie state!

Last edited:
Rejected pre-secondary. Totally expected this based off my stats. I just found their rejection email weird. Almost sounds like a post-II rejection lol:

"Thank you for applying to the University of California Irvine, School of Medicine. Regrettably we are unable to offer you a position in our first year medical school class. The Admissions Committee evaluated your application along with those from over 6,000 other applicants. We had many qualified applicants but only 104 positions, therefore some very difficult decisions had to be made."

Rejected pre-secondary, as if I didn't already figure out I wasn't getting one lol thx Irvine. Complete early July, SoCal resident

Rejected pre-secondary, as if I didn't already figure out I wasn't getting one lol thx Irvine. Complete early July, SoCal resident
+1 Same exact story! I'm guessing it'll be the same thing for me for UC Riverside as well.

Does Irvine have second look/When is it?
Based on email they sent out today to accepted students, it doesn't seem like it. Listed a few events at UCI we could come to "In lieu of a formal 'Revisit Day'"

Rejected just now pre-II. Complete early September, IS.

A little surprised, but II today! Complete in Aug, LM 79, IS, interview 2/5

Accepted today! Interviewed mid December. I missed the phone call but got a voicemail and email. Yaaaayyy!

Reactions: 6 users
R just now, 11am on a Sunday morning. Not going to lie, seems pretty cold.