2021-2022 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Holding on :(
Same :( I wish there was a bit more transparency about the WL process because the AAMC data makes it seem like there's a decent chance of getting off, but there's been no movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything?
I haven't either. I guess they over-accepted and don't need to pull people off their WL lol. If that's the case can they start sending Rs to people on the WL so I don't have a heart attack everytime an email comes haha

Reactions: 1 user
So, I got this email Saturday 5/7. I was never expecting this but I did the KIRA assessment yesterday (albeit not my best). Also, if you were invited to do KIRA, does that mean you're automatically invited to do an interview? Or is KIRA another step where they can decide to reject you before choosing you to interview with them?

1652730378374.png

So, I got this email Saturday 5/7. I was never expecting this but I did the KIRA assessment yesterday (albeit not my best). Also, if you were invited to do KIRA, does that mean you're automatically invited to do an interview? Or is KIRA another step where they can decide to reject you before choosing you to interview with them?

View attachment 354771
I thought that KIRA was one part of the interview, so I would assume the second part of the interview would come naturally. However, the timing on this is very very weird. I've never heard of an interview being offered so late in the cycle. Do you have any idea why UCI is doing this to you?

I haven’t heard anything since they requested my financial aid application last month. The c/o 2026 FB page is looking pretty big compared to their typical class size
There are lots of current students in the facebook group.

I am losing hope, do you think there will be any movement this cycle? Wondering if anyone called to see if there has been any acceptances off the waitlist.

• Care
I am losing hope, do you think there will be any movement this cycle? Wondering if anyone called to see if there has been any acceptances off the waitlist.
Same^ although I think we’re pretty much at a loss here :( it looks like they’ve even reached out to people who haven’t been interviewed yet so maybe they just don’t like any of the ppl on the waitlist?