2017-2018 University of California - Los Angeles (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary! Very surprised

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the percentage that gets secondaries?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the current US news data shows II % shows applicants prior to screen or after?

does anyone know if canadian students are considered OOS or international?

Anyone else missed out on this secondary wave? Trying to stay positive but it's hard. Congrats to those who got it this round.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else missed out on this secondary wave? Trying to stay positive but it's hard. Congrats to those who got it this round.

I know, me too. IS, verified 6/28, 516, 3.56/3.8 c/sGPA. This is why us Californians can have such a hard time with our state schools even tho there are several to choose from.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a secondary as well! OOS and had given up hope.

Finally joining team secondary :soexcited:

I saw a post from last yr's thread of someone getting one in october. Don't worry!

Members don't see this ad :)
Shocked I got a secondary, super psyched!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I know, me too. IS, verified 6/28, 516, 3.56/3.8 c/sGPA. This is why us Californians can have such a hard time with our state schools even tho there are several to choose from.
you're not alone! does anyone know if UCLA sends out pre-secondary rejections? or are they just silent?

Geee, I thought I was the only one getting it this late- Happy nonetheless!! :soexcited:

Secondary squad :clap: A year of foreign language isn't required here is it? Was kinda thrown a little bit by the Spanish question on the secondary.

IS and just got my secondary. Verified 8/1. Submitted a couple hours ago. Fingers crossed and good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Secondary squad :clap: A year of foreign language isn't required here is it? Was kinda thrown a little bit by the Spanish question on the secondary.
Haha, I have years of other romance languages and travelling in Spanish-speaking countries, but had to answer "no" to this one because I never took Spanish in school. I mean, summer school before 8th grade, but I'm pretty sure that won't count. :)

Congrats on the secondary!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the current US news data shows II % shows applicants prior to screen or after?

Its after... only about 1/3 get secondaries according to someone from UCLA med school earlier in this thread.

Got a secondary too but it's asking for 800 characters and not 4000 characters like the previous posts have said. Anyone on the same boat?

Got a secondary too but it's asking for 800 characters and not 4000 characters like the previous posts have said. Anyone on the same boat?

That should be the correct character count, 800

I'm assuming the question on Spanish is relating to college level courses, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For other disadvantaged applicants: is it letting you input annual income values? It won't let me click into the drop-down boxes and won't let me proceed with putting something in there.

Finally got the secondary. I was verified on 6/6. I finished writing all my other secondaries a month ago, hard to want to get back into the mode for writing this one.

What is the percentage of applicants that receive secondaries? Is it worth me applying: MCAT 508 GPA 3.93 sGPA 3.89 OOS

Haha, I have years of French, years of Italian, and years of travelling in Spanish-speaking countries, but had to answer "no" to this one because I never took Spanish in school. I mean, summer school before 8th grade, but I'm pretty sure that won't count. :)

Congrats on the secondary!
haha well you'll have plenty to talk about on the secondary though!

Does anyone think it would be inappropriate to talk about a teaching position under a prompt asking at non-academic activities?

Does anyone think it would be inappropriate to talk about a teaching position under a prompt asking at non-academic activities?

I would think it's perfectly ok. That's a JOB that just happens to do with academics not a personal academic experience i.e. Research experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received a secondary as well. I've never been so happy to receive one haha

Just got my secondaries
Was verified last week!