2017-2018 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still have the 500 error

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if on the status page where it says complete that means they have your CASPER score or just complete for the actual application stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if on the status page where it says complete that means they have your CASPER score or just complete for the actual application stuff?
I didn't take my Casper til 7/26 and my UVM page said complete 7/21. So, no, they don't include it /:

I didn't take my Casper til 7/26 and my UVM page said complete 7/21. So, no, they don't include it /:

I took casper the same day, do you know how long it takes? Isn't it like 3-4 weeks? Today is the 2 week mark so maybe next Wednesday

I took casper the same day, do you know how long it takes? Isn't it like 3-4 weeks? Today is the 2 week mark so maybe next Wednesday
Yeah they say about a month I think. Kicking myself for waiting to take it !! Lol

II as well :)

Edit:
OOS, LizzyM ~69, took Casper on 7/9, submitted my app on 7/28.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
My status still says letter of ref not received but under document status it has my letter :(

For those with II, what dates do you have available to interview? I only see three (08/30, 10/20, and 02/9)

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on Vermont, please let me move back home! The mcat is just a number, we're meant to be. No one will ever love you like I do!

Reactions: 4 users
II!!!! This is my first one I can't believe this! LizzyM score ~ 67. OOS. Submitted 7/30. Completed CASPer 7/26.

Reactions: 7 users
II!!!! This is my first one I can't believe this! LizzyM score ~ 67. OOS. Submitted 7/30. Completed CASPer 7/26.
Congratulations!
CASper is part of the post interview decision it seems

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Longtime lurker, first time commenter!

I asked admissions about this because I'm part of a linkage program at UVM... they said it was a pre-interview screen so maybe the turnaround on that CASPER was really fast? I took the same one and just got an II today as well.
The results of that test should not be available yet

Maybe Casper stepped up its turn around time haha

II Today!!! Interview date is August 30th!

Reactions: 4 users
The 3 dates mentioned in the email are a different check in time (11:30). There are more interview slots on the application portal I believe

Noticed people were discussing whether CASPer is required pre-interview - I got an II today and I'm taking CASPer tomorrow, so I guess its not required for them to review your app?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
DO they get notified that you took it even if they don't have the score yet? Maybe they give II without results but they know that you took it already, and then results are used for final admission. May pre interview requirement is that you've taken it and the results are at least pending. Probably no II if you haven't taken it yet

Or at least signed up?? Idk haha

Last edited:
So need some advice... Currently I am planning to attend the august 30th interview date but the plane ticket is almost 500 dollars... If I wait for the interview that is about 2 weeks later the ticket is almost 200 hundred cheaper... Is it worth it to save the roughly 200 dollars and wait or should I just take the 500 dollar blow?

Noticed people were discussing whether CASPer is required pre-interview - I got an II today and I'm taking CASPer tomorrow, so I guess its not required for them to review your app?
Good luck to you. My concern would be that you don't do well on the CASPer (not saying you will) and you would have wasted the money to get to the interview. Don't get me wrong getting an II is amazing... I would just hope IF you don't shine on the CASPer they wouldn't hold it against you too much. I am hoping for you!

For those of got IIs, did you notice a portal change saying you were in the interview pool? I was complete earlier this week but my portal still says I am welcome to complete the secondary.

For those of got IIs, did you notice a portal change saying you were in the interview pool? I was complete earlier this week but my portal still says I am welcome to complete the secondary.
Nope. I checked it earlier in the day and had nothing. After I received the email I had an interview tab.

So need some advice... Currently I am planning to attend the august 30th interview date but the plane ticket is almost 500 dollars... If I wait for the interview that is about 2 weeks later the ticket is almost 200 hundred cheaper... Is it worth it to save the roughly 200 dollars and wait or should I just take the 500 dollar blow?

Save the money. Or potentially look to see if flying into Boston, Montreal, or Manchester is cheaper and taking the bus from there.

I personally would save money and choose later interview.. but look into flights to montreal (1.5 hrs away) or plattsburg, ny (1 hr away)

I got an interview before I even took CASPer, it is the first year they do it so I doubt it is a big deal.

Save the money and interview 2 weeks later. There really is no benefit from interviewing 2 weeks earlier in my mind. Considering you have already received an interview invite, you most likely will be getting more as the cycle goes along so save the money for those trips.
Any chance with gpa 3.6 and mcat 505 OOS

Just scheduled my interview. 9/16. Anyone else? Hopefully I can stay with a medical student.

Interview invite just now! Saturday dates are super convenient

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else's Casper scores listed as not recieved on their status page?

Is anyone else's Casper scores listed as not recieved on their status page?

+2. I'm calling them to inquire because it says my application is also complete

EDIT: No one is answering the phone right now, so if someone happens to try, feel free to let us know what happens