2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
My status is still "under review" and my letters have been uploaded for 2 weeks. Now under my status it has a link that says "e-pay supplemental application fee." Although, I have not received an email about an update at all. Does this mean I get an interview if I go ahead and follow that link and pay? Thanks!

My status is still "under review" and my letters have been uploaded for 2 weeks. Now under my status it has a link that says "e-pay supplemental application fee." Although, I have not received an email about an update at all. Does this mean I get an interview if I go ahead and follow that link and pay? Thanks!

I just called them about it, and they said it should not be happening. They said to watch for an e-mail. I just got off the phone with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a II!!!! It came through email. Also, my portal hasn't updated at all (still says under review), and my lors weren't updated on it (must be techincal issues)

I'm so excited! The Admissions staff has been the best and so amazing!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hey all, new to SDN. Just got a II to WVSOM on Tuesday! First one of the cycle. Scheduled for 10/5! Figured I would hop on here to stay in touch with everyone. Trying to stay calm and not get my hopes up, but US news report graph places their estimated stat of students getting an acceptance if offered a II at around 90-95%. Not sure how accurate that is but...good luck to all!

Stats: 3.5 cGPA/ 3.6 sGPA/ 499 MCAt
Notables: 27 year old non-trad OOS applicant / ER technician with ~800-1000 clinical hours

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hey all, new to SDN. Just got a II to WVUSOM on Tuesday! First one of the cycle. Scheduled for 10/5! Figured I would hop on here to stay in touch with everyone. Trying to stay calm and not get my hopes up, but US news report graph places their estimated stat of students getting an acceptance if offered a II at around 90-95%. Not sure how accurate that is but...good luck to all!

Notables: 27 year old non-trad OOS applicant / ER technician with ~800-1000 clinical hours
Good morning, and congrats on your II. Our stats are very similar for the most part, except a couple! Here's to hoping they interview me soon.
Notified through email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, new to SDN. Just got a II to WVUSOM on Tuesday! First one of the cycle. Scheduled for 10/5! Figured I would hop on here to stay in touch with everyone. Trying to stay calm and not get my hopes up, but US news report graph places their estimated stat of students getting an acceptance if offered a II at around 90-95%. Not sure how accurate that is but...good luck to all!

Just FYI, WVUSOM and WVSOM are two different schools. Make sure you don't say WVUSOM in your interview lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Just FYI, WVUSOM and WVSOM are two different schools. Make sure you don't say WVUSOM in your interview lol.

Good catch! I did mean WVSOM lol. Don't worry I'm in the right place :)

Good morning, and congrats on your II. Our stats are very similar for the most part, except a couple! Here's to hoping they interview me soon.
Notified through email?

Yep! Submitted secondary on the 11th and got II on the 22nd.

Last edited:
Just got a II!!!! It came through email. Also, my portal hasn't updated at all (still says under review), and my lors weren't updated on it (must be techincal issues)

I'm so excited! The Admissions staff has been the best and so amazing!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

When were you complete?

Sweet! I will see ya there.
Yup! I don't know where you're coming from, but I'm OOS and staying at a nearby hotel the night before. Many have reduced rates for interviewees, so I would mention that if you need a hotel.

Last edited:
received an interview invite, interview is 09/29, sounds like a great school! Utah resident, 500 mcat 3.55 gpa 3.4 science

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my interview invite! Hopefully it goes to one of you guys. Good luck!

I like that we are the same age, and you may have just given me an II ! Thanks. Why did you? if you don't mind my asking
I got into a school of my choice so I withdrew my application but it is a good school. Good luck on your interview!

does anyone know the interview style for this school?
From what I've read, it's a 30-minute interview with two faculty members and the director of admissions or admissions program administrator.

I got into a school of my choice so I withdrew my application but it is a good school. Good luck on your interview!
Congrats on getting into your top school, especially so early in the cycle! Very impressive!

II about an hour ago! Got an email last week saying my english requirements weren't complete but i replied with an appeal and they got back to me today along with the II.

Reactions: 3 users
anyone else besides e-doc interviewing Sept. 11?!

Interview offered today! First one!

Reactions: 2 users
Those with interviews, when were you complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know if you are complete?

Complete 8/11 and have yet to receive a decision from this school. Status on portal is "Application Under Review." Is it too early to call admissions to ask about my status?

Letters uploaded to portal...says prerequisites still needed but they know they are currently being fulfilled. Do you think I need to take any further action prior to getting a II decision!? Just sitting here waiting anxiously all week for II or not:nailbiting:

Letters uploaded to portal...says prerequisites still needed but they know they are currently being fulfilled. Do you think I need to take any further action prior to getting a II decision!? Just sitting here waiting anxiously all week for II or not:nailbiting:

It sounds like you have taken the appropriate measures to this point

II IS! Scheduled for October. PM me for exact date.

Reactions: 4 users
Complete 8/11 and have yet to receive a decision from this school. Status on portal is "Application Under Review." Is it too early to call admissions to ask about my status?
Same but complete like 8/3 :(

I also received an II today!! Does anyone know the acceptance rate of applicants who have received interviews? I can't seem to find a reliable source anywhere.
I have seen several sources say exceedingly high chances like 90-95% get accepted post II. So to all that got II congrats on most likely knowing you will be a doctor unless you have some serious issues interviewing.

I have seen several sources say exceedingly high chances like 90-95% get accepted post II. So to all that got II congrats on most likely knowing you will be a doctor unless you have some serious issues interviewing.
That is encouraging to hear! Did not know that!

Yes it is. Be patient, it took them 3+ weeks to get back to me. Actually caught me off guard, so just wait and distract yourself :)

That is encouraging to hear! Did not know that!
Yes it is very encouraging! It is the highest I have seen for any school, MD and DO included. Many DO school post-interview acceptance rates are higher than MD (usually ~75% and higher depending on the DO program, with some MD programs being as low as ~25%), but I have heard WVSOM being in that 90%+ range. These are averages so do not quote me on these, just what I have read and heard.