2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the question, "Have you been convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies that are not listed on your AACOM application?." Did you mark yes if you had traffic tickets? These would technically fall under this description but there is no space to explain. I'd hate to mark yes and get auto-screened for some speeding tickets.
Call them and ask what you should do.

Members don't see this ad.

For the question, "Have you been convicted of an infraction of local laws or city ordinances, summary offenses, misdemeanors, or felonies that are not listed on your AACOM application?." Did you mark yes if you had traffic tickets? These would technically fall under this description but there is no space to explain. I'd hate to mark yes and get auto-screened for some speeding tickets.
I have 2 speeding tickets but I checked no. I didn't really think about tickets until you mentioned it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I also checked no for this.

Yeah! It disappeared and came back today. But I don't know if checklist disappearing has anything to do with that
my-i-want-to-believe-minimal-poster-xfiles-chungkong-art.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
So this is confusing. The only things on my checklist are the disciplinary actions and supplemental application, but my application status is 'application under review.' Am I complete here or not?

So this is confusing. The only things on my checklist are the disciplinary actions and supplemental application, but my application status is 'application under review.' Am I complete here or not?
Same here. I think we are.

My status is just blank now. I really hope this isn't what I think it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
My checklist has now appeared and reappeared over a dozen times. And now my application status just says "Welcome" with my name :laugh: Stop playing with my heart, WVSOM...

Reactions: 1 user
My checklist has now appeared and reappeared over a dozen times. And now my application status just says "Welcome" with my name :laugh: Stop playing with my heart, WVSOM...
It is impressive that you have this many data points.

Loving the speculation, everybody. What an uncertain, anxious, and stressful time in our lives!

Reactions: 1 users
How long did those who received an II get the invite after the "pre-requisite requirements verified" email?

How long did those who received an II get the invite after the "pre-requisite requirements verified" email?
Mine took 5 days, but there was a weekend between them.

Does the prerequisite verified email mean you will get an II? I just got that email a second ago but my checklist hasn't changed.
doubt it. Got mine an hour after secondary submission on Aug 8th, and still no II. i think if anything, it means thy're reviewing you. but i could be wrong

doubt it. Got mine an hour after secondary submission on Aug 8th, and still no II. i think if anything, it means thy're reviewing you. but i could be wrong

Well hopefully they are reviewing mine. I submitted my secondary 08/11 and this is the first thing they've contacted me about. I submitted my primary on 07/20 so I was worried it would be another month before they mentioned anything.

Important Update: I reached out to admissions today and they confirmed that if your checklist uploads with the letters then you are receiving an interview. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 5 users
This is from their email, I did not screenshot it to avoid confidential info that was in the previous section.

"We do not update applicants’ checklists with these letters unless they are offered an interview. If you are offered an interview with us, we will retrieve those letters from ACCOMAS and update your checklist accordingly.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best,

Kimbra LaBrie

Admissions Program Coordinator

West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine

400 Lee Street North

Lewisburg, WV 24901

P. (304) 793.6893

F. (304) 647.6384

[email protected]"

What I meant was will it indicate receipt of the letters or whether there will be details of the letters or the actual letters themselves on the checklist page. Mine indicates that they are in receipt of all of my letters but no details of the letters themselves.

What I meant was will it indicate receipt of the letters or whether there will be details of the letters or the actual letters themselves on the checklist page. Mine indicates that they are in receipt of all of my letters but no details of the letters themselves.
Wish I could tell you more, but that is all they have said.

My application status keeps appearing and disappearing! This is freaking me out!

Do you get an email from them when you're complete? They sent me an email last week saying my app is incomplete without a DO letter and mine just got uploaded a couple days ago.

Do you get an email from them when you're complete? They sent me an email last week saying my app is incomplete without a DO letter and mine just got uploaded a couple days ago.

I got my DO letter uploaded three days ago, but never received any e-mail about anything missing.

Why don't you show us what your screen looks like? Because I think I am in the same boat as you. I uploaded a screenshot of my screen on here I think yesterday, so you could track that and let us know?
and Thank you for that @futuredrexdoc

I copied and pasted and this is the information that is included for mine.

Term
Appl Item Checklist Item Desc Comment About Item Received
201819 2 LETP Pre Med Letter all received 07-JUL-17
201819 2 LDO1 Physician Letter 07-JUL-17
201819 2 FDIS Disciplinary Questions 28-JUL-17
201819 2 ASUP Supplemental Application 02-AUG-17

I copied and pasted and this is the information that is included for mine.

Term
Appl Item Checklist Item Desc Comment About Item Received
201819 2 LETP Pre Med Letter all received 07-JUL-17
201819 2 LDO1 Physician Letter 07-JUL-17
201819 2 FDIS Disciplinary Questions 28-JUL-17
201819 2 ASUP Supplemental Application 02-AUG-17
Same! Have you gotten an II yet?

Those with II's, did your checklist look like the one that I posted and only changed after the II or did it change prior to your receipt of the II email?

Those with II's, did your checklist look like the one that I posted and only changed after the II or did it change prior to your receipt of the II email?

Yep got II today, and your checklist looked exactly like mine prior to receiving an II.

So I just submitted the secondary. Do I have to pay a secondary fee or anything or is that it?