2017-2018 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you with II, what was your MCAT? (If you don't mind sharing). Thanks!

I got accepted with 499 and they told us their average score among accepted students was 499 last cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I said 50. I'm not really sure of the minimum number they were looking for. I mean everyone who applies to medical school has kind of accepted that it's going to be their life for the next four years.

I also said 50 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wow. Are you there now as a student?

No I was a rollover acceptance off of last cycles wait list. I didn't get a seat for this fall but they offered me a seat for 2018 class without having to reapply which was amazing. So I'll be attending next fall!

Reactions: 4 users
No I was a rollover acceptance off of last cycles wait list. I didn't get a seat for this fall but they offered me a seat for 2018 class without having to reapply which was amazing. So I'll be attending next fall!
what did your other stats look like if you dont mind me asking

These are very similar to my stats. Did you apply early in the cycle or were you waitlisted because you applied later?

I interviewed end of January so fairly late. If that had anything to do with it I'll never know lol

I WILL SEE YOU THERE!!!! *BEING POSITIVE ABOUT THAT UPCOMING ACCEPTANCE*

Reactions: 2 users
For those who received interviews, how long did it take to hear back after your secondary was submitted?

I found out about my II less than 48 hours after submission. I received an email about my prerequisites being fulfilled that same morning, a few hours before I got the interview email. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I found out about my II less than 48 hours after submission. I received an email about my prerequisites being fulfilled that same morning, a few hours before I got the interview email. Good luck!

same here!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
September 11! What about you??

I didn't have your date to choose from, but a Monday would have worked a lot better with my class schedule. I picked September 7th! I can't believe that's less than a month from now :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't have your date to choose from, but a Monday would have worked a lot better with my class schedule. I picked September 7th! I can't believe that's less than a month from now :nailbiting:

Ahhh I KNOW! Good luck! :)

I also received the prerequisites email the same morning that I submitted, but still no II :unsure:.
Good luck at the II though

Has anyone who submitted their secondary last week heard anything back?

Other than my LORs getting updated though their portal and the prerequisite email, I have not heard anything.
When did your LORs get updated? Mine were updated today. I was hoping it meant I would hear something today or tomorrow.

My LORs were updated last week but still nothing after that

Has anyone booked their hotels yet? Just curious if anyone called for the discounted rates!

Has anyone booked their hotels yet? Just curious if anyone called for the discounted rates!

I've been meaning to do that the last couple days. I don't know why I keep putting it off lol -_-

I've been meaning to do that the last couple days. I don't know why I keep putting it off lol -_-

Haha same here! I was going to call Wednesday so I'll post on here to let you know what I find out!

II just now! SUWEEEEEEETTTTTT! Easily the best admissions department.
WOW that was fast. Congrats bears! And here I thought they were waiting for 3.4+ sGPAs right now. Great work!

WOW that was fast. Congrats bears! And here I thought they were waiting for 3.4+ sGPAs right now. Great work!
My stats in my signature are a little off because I don't want every single post of mine to have identifiable info.

My actual stats are:
sGPA: 3.44
cGPA: 3.16
MCAT: 505 (126/126/126/127)
pbGPA: 3.96
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Last 120 credits: 3.71

II just now! SUWEEEEEEETTTTTT! Easily the best admissions department.

Congrats! :)
Did your checklist show your LORs? Mine only say they received my disciplinary form and supplemental application.

Congrats! :)
Did your checklist show your LORs? Mine only say they received my disciplinary form and supplemental application.
As of yesterday mine has four things on my checklist:
Pre-med letter
DO letter
secondary app
disciplinary form

How long did it take you guys to receive a confirmation email that your primary app was received (the one that gave you access to the WVSOM portal)? I submitted my primary to WVSOM on Aug. 4th and still haven't received it...

How long did it take you guys to receive a confirmation email that your primary app was received (the one that gave you access to the WVSOM portal)? I submitted my primary to WVSOM on Aug. 4th and still haven't received it...
They send a confirmation email that they received your primary but it does not have a link to the portal. The next email should be the link to the portal (secondary) and they are sending them out fairly quickly, within a week. I'd maybe give them a call.

As of yesterday mine has four things on my checklist:
Pre-med letter
DO letter
secondary app
disciplinary form
LIke i have all of that, and still waiting for an II. I think most people that have this get II (from last year's thread and this one as well). I think they are on the fence because of my sGPA. still blessed to have everything checked though.

Last edited:
LIke i have all of that, and still waiting for a II. I think most people that have this get II (from last year's thread and this one as well). I think they are on the fence because of my sGPA. still blessed to have everything checked though.
What is you sGPA?

sGPA is 3.02.
So when i called about as to why i am pending, they said they are prioritizing higher sGPA's (3.4+)
Maybe that explains why I got one since my sGPA is a 3.44 (my signature is a bit off on purpose). I imagine in the next week or two they will start sending out II more broadly.

I have all the letters uploaded on their portal but still no II. Submitted on Aug 3

I also received an II today!! Does anyone know the acceptance rate of applicants who have received interviews? I can't seem to find a reliable source anywhere.

I also received an II today!! Does anyone know the acceptance rate of applicants who have received interviews? I can't seem to find a reliable source anywhere.
Congrats! It seems like today is the day for a lot of applicants getting the II. WVSOM is a school I would love to go to!

Still waiting for II!

Maybe that explains why I got one since my sGPA is a 3.44 (my signature is a bit off on purpose). I imagine in the next week or two they will start sending out II more broadly.
yes, that is probably the reason why! Break a leg! congrats!

II today around 3:30 pm.
3.2 s/c undergrad gpa
3.8 grad gpa
511 MCAT