2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone for considering KCOM! It is a great school! People here are nice! Like, literally everybody is nice! So, dont stress about the interview! Be yourself! This is a great school and place to be in! If you guys have any question, PM me. I can answer them for you or find the answer for you! Goodluck!! You will do it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey there! My application was marked as complete on 8/22 at 8:30am and I received an interview invite at 1:30pm the same day. (Does this mean anything??)
Interview scheduled in PM on 11/16. I would really love to go here and am nervous for the interview.

Hey there! My application was marked as complete on 8/22 at 8:30am and I received an interview invite at 1:30pm the same day. (Does this mean anything??)
Interview scheduled in PM on 11/16. I would really love to go here and am nervous for the interview.
That's a great sign your app is strong.

A lot of us were completed before you and still silent.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of students who were complete in late June/early July have not received interview invites, whereas people who were complete in August have been receiving II !!

Does anyone have any idea how many seats are available each year or how many people they accept?

A lot of students who were complete in late June/early July have not received interview invites, whereas people who were complete in August have been receiving II !!

Are you out of state? I'm from Missouri and the D.O. I shadowed/got my letter from graduated from Kirksville. Not sure if they technically prefer Missouri residents but that might be why they got back to me so fast.

Submitted secondary 8/28 any insight on when it will register my test scores / recommendations as being complete under my 'status' tab?

dude you literally just submitted. Just wait

dude you literally just submitted. Just wait
I was wondering what the ranges of hearing back were, since some of the responses on this thread say they were super fast on getting back to them, if there was a more standard response time (i.e. 2 weeks, 6 weeks, etc).

I am a recent graduate, and I don't have a job yet. What do you think I should put for the current occupation question in the secondary?

Is this school 38 yo-non trad/reinvent friendly? My old undergrad stats are low and my grad isn’t great but a bit better. I’m planning a MCAT retake next year if nothing pans out this year.

Is this school 38 yo-non trad/reinvent friendly? My old undergrad stats are low and my grad isn’t great but a bit better. I’m planning a MCAT retake next year if nothing pans out this year.
I am a non trad..in my early 30s. there are a couple in mid 30s and someone in their late 30s that i know of in my class. If that makes it non trad/ reinvent friendly then yes.

Complete 7/23 and haven't heard anything yet...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately had to withdraw my interview here. Hope that interview is given to one of you amazing people!

Just got a secondary :) Complete on 9/11/18.

Hi guys I’ve been completed since Aug 29, but I haven’t heard anything. How long after been completed did you guys got II or rejections?

Hi guys I’ve been completed since Aug 29, but I haven’t heard anything. How long after been completed did you guys got II or rejections?

My application got placed on "Hold" last week which I feel like is basically a soft rejection as I haven't heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance after a "Hold". My application was complete since first week of July.

My application got placed on "Hold" last week which I feel like is basically a soft rejection as I haven't heard of anyone getting an II or acceptance after a "Hold". My application was complete since first week of July.
Does your "hold" status come from email, or do you need to check the portal to see it?

I’m not sure anyone has interviewed yet (besides early decision people). I received a interview a while back but the first available date to interview was in October.

I’m not sure anyone has interviewed yet (besides early decision people). I received a interview a while back but the first available date to interview was in October.
Same! I interview in October as well.

Thanks for the replay, did you receive the hold status by email?

Hang in there, everyone. I've just started seeing the first interview classes on campus so it's early. Let this be practice for dealing with the stress once you're in. :)

I interviewed on Friday (9/21) and I'm not early decision. I think I was with the first rounders.

App here placed on hold. Hoping for an interview invite soon

How did you like it? How was the interview?
I liked it more than I expected actually. The faculty were all very receptive and friendly. The school has a great reputation and boards scores and residency placement rates. The interviews (3) were all laid back and conversational. The only downside is the town size. Then again, there are little to no distractions from studying.

There isn't much of a hospital there, so all the students only spend the first two years there, then move to a bigger city for 3rd & 4th years for their rotations.

Did they say what they did for test prep?

Hey guys! 1st year here.. just wanted to make myself available if any of you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

For those who got a hold, did you find out via email or somewhere on the portal?

Anyone else on here have their secondary complete back in June but still haven't heard back from them yet? They are one of 3 schools for me who I still haven't heard from

Anyone else on here have their secondary complete back in June but still haven't heard back from them yet? They are one of 3 schools for me who I still haven't heard from
Me!!! I applied in early July and haven’t heard back!