2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming no one has been accepted yet? i had II on 09/17 and have been anxiously waiting by the phone/ computer for any news. :nailbiting:

I'm assuming no one has been accepted yet? i had II on 09/17 and have been anxiously waiting by the phone/ computer for any news. :nailbiting:

How was the interview ? How did you like the school?

How was the interview ? How did you like the school?
The interview was awesome. It was extremely laid back and conversational. I really love the school and what the faculty and students were all about. Really want to go here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any residencies attached to this school and if so what are they? I couldn’t find anything on the website

Are there any residencies attached to this school and if so what are they? I couldn’t find anything on the website
Yes. They are through Northeast Regional Medical Center that is literally on campus. They have various programs. Derm is likely the one to turn most heads.

Yes. They are through Northeast Regional Medical Center that is literally on campus. They have various programs. Derm is likely the one to turn most heads.
Thanks so much for the info! Do you have a link I could use to see the residencies? I appreciate it :)

Just got the acceptance call!!!!!! :) Incredibly happy and still have chills. What a process. The reward is satisfying.
I Interviewed 9/24.

Reactions: 4 users
I applied late June/early July and still haven't heard anything back... anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 6 users
should we expect to hear back after 2 weeks of our interview for a decision?

should we expect to hear back after 2 weeks of our interview for a decision?

I was wondering the same thing. Said 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks is a long time haha

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing on Monday! Any of you accepteds got any tips? Would love to go here.

Got an email saying that if I'm willing to complete primary care shadowing hours I'll be granted an interview. Has anybody else received this sort of email?

Got an email saying that if I'm willing to complete primary care shadowing hours I'll be granted an interview. Has anybody else received this sort of email?

when were you complete?

and tbh id be happy with that email it seems like they are really interested

Interviewing on Monday! Any of you accepteds got any tips? Would love to go here.

Most laid back interview I’ve had. Just know the tenets of osteopathic medicine, why DO/why medicine, and most of the questions will be based on your application so just know that.

I got this same email this morning.
I have 17k hrs in the ED working with DO/MDs. My letter said 25 hours of primary care and I can schedule an interview.
Idk if I'm going to do it...

I got this same email this morning.
I have 17k hrs in the ED working with DO/MDs. My letter said 25 hours of primary care and I can schedule an interview.
Idk if I'm going to do it...
I'll reply to this one hoping the OP sees as well. I received this same email last year in spite of about 12 thousand hours in direct patient care with MD/DO. I grumbled just like you and then did the hours. Those 25 hours didn't change my entire life, but they were valuable. I did them very quickly and notified the school. Interview followed shortly after and acceptance shortly after that. If you're sitting on another acceptance and don't feel like jumping through a hoop, I get it. If not, however, the fact that a possible acceptance isn't worth a few more hours of gaining experience is a strong indicator that this may not be the school or even career for you. These hours will be a drop in the bucket, trust me.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll reply to this one hoping the OP sees as well. I received this same email last year in spite of about 12 thousand hours in direct patient care with MD/DO. I grumbled just like you and then did the hours. Those 25 hours didn't change my entire life, but they were valuable. I did them very quickly and notified the school. Interview followed shortly after and acceptance shortly after that. If you're sitting on another acceptance and don't feel like jumping through a hoop, I get it. If not, however, the fact that a possible acceptance isn't worth a few more hours of gaining experience is a strong indicator that this may not be the school or even career for you. These hours will be a drop in the bucket, trust me.
Ill agree with most of your posted. Telling me this isnt the career for me? Relax

Ill agree with most of your posted. Telling me this isnt the career for me? Relax
Figured that ran the risk of eliciting a response. I didn't say it wasn't, only you can answer that. Just an honest observation to consider. Ease off the passive aggressiveness. I'm only here to contribute back to a community that has been valuable to me. I really do wish you the best of luck this cycle and in your career.

Well on a brighter note.... I was accepted! Interviewed 10/12

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys I’m interviewing here soon. What is the format of the interview? One on one or MMI and for how long? I couldn’t find much information on the website. Thanks I appreciate it!

Hey guys I’m interviewing here soon. What is the format of the interview? One on one or MMI and for how long? I couldn’t find much information on the website. Thanks I appreciate it!

It’s 3, 1 on 1, 30min interviews. It’s super laid back. If you scroll up a little you can see what I told someone else about the interviews.

Secondary completed on 9/18. II on 9/19. Interviewed on 10/8 and accepted on 10/22. If anyone has questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Are there any Uber’s around Kirksville or any cabs?

First, congrats on your acceptance!

What was your perspective on the interview? Any tips? Anything you wish had known more before heading in that day?

Interview was extremely relaxed. I went to under grad in the same town so I had a pretty good idea about the school going in to it so that was an advantage. None of the questions came out of left field except when one of my interviewers had me rank three Disney movies and explain why I ordered them that way. Be yourself/genuine with your answers as I feel that was a large part of what they were looking for during the questions.

Are there any Uber’s around Kirksville or any cabs?

Being in a rural area, options are limited. I do not think that Uber has made their way in to town but there is one Taxi service if I am not mistaken.

Accepted today!!!! Interviewed 10/19!! :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users