2018-2019 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was in the second group interviewed this cycle and they said maybe a few days after the 15th but probably not on the 15th itself.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all. They were definitely late last year so no worries if you don’t hear anything, I know it drove me up a wall. Also as an FYI they traditionally put most people in undecided category until Jan/ Feb where they start pulling people off of there. So if you get that status do not freak out, it happened to a good portion of my classmates.

Hey all. They were definitely late last year so no worries if you don’t hear anything, I know it drove me up a wall. Also as an FYI they traditionally put most people in undecided category until Jan/ Feb where they start pulling people off of there. So if you get that status do not freak out, it happened to a good portion of my classmates.

You're a nice person. I like you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-II today - complete first week of September!

Pre-II Rejection just now, submitted secondary 9/5 but complete 10/4 (due to CASPer). Good luck to everyone else!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today pre II. Stats well over theirs. Enjoy my donation lol

Reactions: 8 users
Got one of those pre interview rejections today too. MCAT 507, undergraduate GPA 3.7; grad GPA 4.0

Also got the Pre-II Rejection today. I submitted mid-September. It might be that people who submitted or were completed in September got the R today? Just speculating...

I clicked the submit button like 3 times so idk when I complete, but I still haven't heard anything either way. Is there a way to check the complete date? I dont think I got an email

Also got the Pre-II Rejection today. I submitted mid-September. It might be that people who submitted or were completed in September got the R today? Just speculating...
Na I was complete at the end of July and I got that hard R today as well

Reactions: 1 users
I think you are right. I was complete mid september and I got the dreaded R today. So disappointing.

rejected pre interview LM 69, complete 8/7 OOS, ORM

Got the R as well wow ugh feels so good. Stats above theirs (not by much though!) and what every human seems to consider ridiculous ECs but I guess not good enough. This cycle has not been kind to me :/ 3rd R (UWash and Pitt), and have heard nothing at all from other schools. Looking at Master's programs to bulk up my app for a future cycle but totally unsure how I can afford that. Ugh. I feel like all I do is check my email haha, Congrats to everyone who has been getting IIs and acceptances this cycle! Can't wait for y'all to be awesome docs :)

Reactions: 13 users
Rejected pre-II. URM, stats quite a bit above theirs, good LOR’s and EC’s, however OOS and the essays I wrote for their secondary were definitely my least favorites of the ones I wrote overall — I struggled with how broad the prompts were.

I think what really got me was the fact that I thought I was complete by mid-Sept, but after my LOR’s uploaded forgot to go back and hit submit so I was actually complete closer to late-Sept

Congrats to all that got good news today!

Last edited:
Got the R as well wow ugh feels so good. Stats above theirs (not by much though!) and what every human seems to consider ridiculous ECs but I guess not good enough. This cycle has not been kind to me :/ 3rd R (UWash and Pitt), and have heard nothing at all from other schools. Looking at Master's programs to bulk up my app for a future cycle but totally unsure how I can afford that. Ugh. I feel like all I do is check my email haha, Congrats to everyone who has been getting IIs and acceptances this cycle! Can't wait for y'all to be awesome docs :)

I feel this on a spiritual level can we start a support group

Reactions: 4 users
Did you guys get the R in an email? Did your portal update? So many threads of people getting R's with better apps than mine and I haven't yet but also not getting any II either, almost worried my email is acting up.

Did you guys get the R in an email? Did your portal update? So many threads of people getting R's with better apps than mine and I haven't yet but also not getting any II either, almost worried my email is acting up.
Email

Pre-II rejection. My first official rejection. :( Now feeling nervous for what’s to come.... ugh.

Is everyone getting these emails this afternoon? Or was it earlier in the day? I haven't gotten it yet...but I feel it coming

Is everyone getting these emails this afternoon? Or was it earlier in the day? I haven't gotten it yet...but I feel it coming
Same here lol. when I saw the thread I was sure I would open my email up to a rejection. Submitted at the end of July.

If it makes you feel any better, this was my first R and I haven't gotten any II's. Neither have some of my friends who have great apps. Maybe check your junk mail but otherwise we just have to keep waiting it out.

Interviewed in August and wondering if we're going to be put in the undecided category for awhile :shrug:

Anyone else with any other news? Kind of odd that only a late September interview got accepted but nothing from earlier interviews or post-II rejections. Good luck everyone!

Interviewed first week of September and I've heard nothing - might be freaking out a bit now....

Hey humans!! As I said before they are slow at the beginning for getting back and most people are on their undecided list. So honestly no news is okay. It was 3 weeks post the time they originally said they would respond to when I actually received my status.

did you guys get a complete email or you checked on the portal? I don’t think I ever got a complete email and I submit in early August

Same. I submitted around the same time so I'm ready.
did you guys get a complete email or you checked on the portal? I don’t think I ever got a complete email and I submit in early August
I never got a complete email but I did check on the portal.

Rejected pre-II, good luck everyone!

Edit: Completed mid July

Any news yet? Interviewed here in late August and nothing yet.