2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else having trouble logging into the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully today is the day

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R - submitted mid October. OOS (Canadian) LM 82. Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also pre-II R this morning - submitted late October. Canadian, LM 76. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 1 user
JUST GOT OFFICIAL ADMIT EMAIL :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!! (never got a phone call btw but had the awards tab)

No alert here..... just defer me already BU.

Reactions: 10 users
Just got accepted! Interviewed 9/21, LM 74-76. Super excited - my top school!

Accepted by email like an hour ago. At long last, I can breathe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess no more emails will go out today right?

Reactions: 1 users
should defer/rejection go out too then?

Pzost intwrview rejection, this really sucks

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

PSA the dean's scholarship/award info tab disappeared when my portal updated to reflect my acceptance, so it's possible that was an accident/glitch and didn't mean anything.

Post II rejection too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSA the dean's scholarship/award info tab disappeared when my portal updated to reflect my acceptance, so it's possible that was an accident/glitch and didn't mean anything.

Mine disappeared too lol rip

oh no!! I'm sorry to hear, I was rooting for you
Thanks, I still have three schools to hear from and im on the waitlist at case so hopefully I get in somewhere. This process really sucks

Reactions: 8 users
what does it mean if we haven't heard back any news yet :(

congrats for those of you who got accepted!!!!

I think they’re going out by #of applicants in each pool, from smallest to largest (so accepted, rejected, then deferred)

oh **** post II R's? guess the defers will go out soon too then

Hey I didn’t hear back until around noon today when I got an email and a call about acceptances! So I think they could still be going through acceptances.

Hey I didn’t hear back until around noon today when I got an email and a call about acceptances! So I think they could still be going through acceptances.
But you haven’t gotten the official email yet?? O sweet hope

BU why are you taking this long to release all decisions :(

Reactions: 3 users
Any of the accepted students have tips for interviews here? Mine is quite soon and I’d love your insight. Feel free to PM! Congrats on these acceptances!

did your portal update by chance?

Accepted this morning via email! Never got a call though. Interviewed on 10/15. SO SO SO excited- it's my first acceptance!

The silence is killing me! Interviewed 9/17 (cries)

Reactions: 6 users
lol what if everyone who’s deferred has to deal with this silence till March

Any of the accepted students have tips for interviews here? Mine is quite soon and I’d love your insight. Feel free to PM! Congrats on these acceptances!
The interview was pretty chill! Just one hour-long conversation with a faculty member. It's unstructured, so the faculty members can conduct the interview however they wish. Most of the people in my group had a pretty relaxed experience, but mine was actually a stress interview filled with ethical scenarios and forced role-playing lol. I stayed calm and composed throughout and it ended up going just fine. Just know your application inside and out and stay calm if your interviewer challenges you.

Accepted! Via email. I freaking love this school :) So thankful.

Also- if I recall correctly, Dr. Goodell told us that people who are not accepted in January will not receive any notification until March. I'm not sure where people are getting the info that we're getting deferral emails (unless just looking at previous year's thread)

Congratulations!! Were you accepted just now?

Accepted! Via email. I freaking love this school :) So thankful.

Also- if I recall correctly, Dr. Goodell told us that people who are not accepted in January will not receive any notification until March. I'm not sure where people are getting the info that we're getting deferral emails (unless just looking at previous year's thread)

Congrats! According to the e-mail we received following my interview date, is did say that we would get an update email in mid-January. Perhaps this was changed later on in the cycle?

Congrats! According to the e-mail we received following my interview date, is did say that we would get an update email in mid-January. Perhaps this was changed later on in the cycle?

Yeah I recall Dean Goodell saying deferred won’t get an email, but the email post-interview says we will receive notification of deferral. At this point I’ve given up hearing news and am gonna unfollow this thread until March

Yeah I recall Dean Goodell saying deferred won’t get an email, but the email post-interview says we will receive notification of deferral. At this point I’ve given up hearing news and am gonna unfollow this thread until March

I think people are referring to the following text from the post-interview email: "Our Committee on Admissions will review your application in the context of the overall applicant pool. In mid-January we will send a status update email to each individual who has interviewed prior to that time, accepting a small number of candidates, declining some, and deferring a final decision on some."

yeah i feel like the email says all students will hear something? And the portal should atleast update right?

I think people are referring to the following text from the post-interview email: "Our Committee on Admissions will review your application in the context of the overall applicant pool. In mid-January we will send a status update email to each individual who has interviewed prior to that time, accepting a small number of candidates, declining some, and deferring a final decision on some."

So according to this email, each applicant, regardless of his/her decision, should receive a status update

welpp i guess that's a wrap on decisions today. for what it's worth, thankful for you guys to agonize over this process together

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks, I still have three schools to hear from and im on the waitlist at case so hopefully I get in somewhere. This process really sucks

How did you figure out if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile