2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It honestly varies by the student. I say give it a couple of days. I had one student reply in a matter of minutes and another reply in a week... These were for different schools but considering everyone is different, there's really no way of gauging when a response will come.
Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H811 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

BU MD/PhD II today! Complete 7/18, traditional applicant from top Canadian undergrad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is BU receptive to ITA emails?

I live on the west coast and received an interview at another institution on the east. Emailed BU last week through the message center in the application to let them know I would be in the area. Woke up this morning to an II and was able to schedule on my preferred date. I do have strong ties to Boston/ BUMC, which I mentioned in my email. Who knows if it really helped me but for me it certainly seems to have worked!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems they do not do silent rejections, as I just received a rejection email :p

Best of luck to everyone else still in the running!

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the rejection email that I was anticipating. App submitted 7/11 and complete 7/13. LM 67. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Must have gotten on at the last station...Late to the train.... Got the R Today

+5 Axed. It was nice plaguing this thread with memes. Good luck to all of you!

ayyy just got my first rejection. Kick in the gut since I've been in Boston 8 years and was hoping to stick around. Best of luck to everyone!!

edit: complete 7/17

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
+7 axed. It was a nice email though.

Got the R as well. Been living in Boston for the past 5 years. Pretty surprised since i've received multiple invites at schools more selective than BU. I guess this process is like that. Anyone else in a similar boat? I was feeling really good before this lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the R as well. Been living in Boston for the past 5 years. Pretty surprised since i've received multiple invites at schools more selective than BU. I guess this process is like that. Anyone else in a similar boat? I was feeling really good before this lol.

complete date?

I guess it’s a good sign that I haven’t been rejected yet, crossing my fingers for a II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+13th rejection (just my luck;) OOS and complete 7/9. Best of luck to all those interviewing and waiting!

Sorry if this is overthinking but could some of you let me know whether you had the "Interview Scheduling" tab available before you got an R or an II? My status still says under review but that tab has been available for the past week or so I think. Clicking it gives a little information about how they schedule but doesn't give me the option to do it. I'm hoping it's a good sign but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Yes, I know this sounds slightly crazy.

Sorry if this is overthinking but could some of you let me know whether you had the "Interview Scheduling" tab available before you got an R or an II? My status still says under review but that tab has been available for the past week or so I think. Clicking it gives a little information about how they schedule but doesn't give me the option to do it. I'm hoping it's a good sign but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Yes, I know this sounds slightly crazy.
I think that tab is there for everyone; I think I've had it since before I submitted my secondary. A couple other school portals have that too (Pitt comes to mind).

I think that tab is there for everyone; I think I've had it since before I submitted my secondary. A couple other school portals have that too (Pitt comes to mind).

Thanks for the quick reply! Oddly this makes me feel better. Also, congrats on finishing 51 secondaries, wow.

For far along is Boston's cycle? Debating whether or not it's worth it to send in a last minute app.

For far along is Boston's cycle? Debating whether or not it's worth it to send in a last minute app.
They interview through January and I believe some in Feb. they don’t conviene to review applications after interview until December, so you’re at no disadvantage if you interview later. I say send it in!