2018-2019 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
stats? Or is it based off of interview performance? I forget....

They're both merit and interview. For presidential, SGPA and CGPA have to be above 3.5, and MCAT 45th<. For Dean's SGPA and CGPA have to be above 3.3 and MCAT 45th<, OR MCAT >75th, regardless of GPA. If you qualify, they then go to interview. Each interviewer rates us 1-10, and they simply tally us up out of 30, and the highest numbers get mail offers. They come directly from the dean, who is old-fashioned, so that's why it comes through mail. I also paid my deposit yesterday, and already got my shirt today.

Reactions: 1 users
They're both merit and interview. For presidential, SGPA and CGPA have to be above 3.5, and MCAT 45th<. For Dean's SGPA and CGPA have to be above 3.3 and MCAT 45th<, OR MCAT >75th, regardless of GPA. If you qualify, they then go to interview. Each interviewer rates us 1-10, and they simply tally us up out of 30, and the highest numbers get mail offers. They come directly from the dean, who is old-fashioned, so that's why it comes through mail. I also paid my deposit yesterday, and already got my shirt today.

Congratulations, that's so amazing. Do they renew it every year if you maintain a certain GPA?

Did people hear back this week? I would think by at least next week they try to get back to everyone..

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome, congrats!

If you were accepted to both CUSOM and VCOM, which one would you go for? I really am having a tough time deciding between the two. Could you please give your reasoning with your answers? CUSOM makes me a little nervous since it is a new school however, it was impressive when I visited.

I am having a hard time deciding as well. Anybody has any suggestions???

Was your scholarship offer included in the package with the shirt? I got a shirt in the mail too but no scholarship offer with it so just wondering if that means I haven’t been chosen for one lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Was your scholarship offer included in the package with the shirt? I got a shirt in the mail too but no scholarship offer with it so just wondering if that means I haven’t been chosen for one lol

They came the same day but separate. I paid my deposit on Dec 13, and they sent the shirt out the same day, and it came the 14th.
The scholarship letter came from the Dean's office and was postmarked Dec 12. It also came on the 14th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from 11/27 hear anything? I know they’re backed up and a lot of people are still in the dark, I’m just hopeful about this week.

I was 11/27 and... nope haven’t heard anything. It seems oct interviews haven’t heard anything yet. So either they’ll release all in one big batch or were waiting till after the holidays. Best guess is the huge storm they had set them back a few weeks, saftey first. Best of luck!

I just got this from admissions, interviewed on 11/13:

"Thanks for coming to visit our campus during interview day! Also, thanks for your patience during this stressful time. While you were on campus, we shared with you that we hoped to have a new decision regarding your status within 30 days or less. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances it will be a little longer. We are expecting to have decisions out after the new year by the end of the day on Friday, January 11th."

"Thanks for coming to visit our campus during interview day! Also, thanks for your patience during this stressful time. While you were on campus, we shared with you that we hoped to have a new decision regarding your status within 30 days or less. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances it will be a little longer. We are expecting to have decisions out after the new year by the end of the day on Friday, January 11th."

+1, interview 11/27

Last edited:

I was offered a scholarship as well, and the financial aid director (I think) will email you directly with an opportunity to write an essay if you've been selected as a candidate for one. She emailed me around 1-2 weeks after I was accepted. Good luck!

To anyone who has been accepted, how long did they give you to come up with the down deposit? Was it maybe 30 days from the offer or a set date a month or two in advance?

also received this email, interviewed 10/29

ACCEPTEEEED!!! Fell in love with this school during interview day and def will be attending! Been a longtime lurker on this forum and finally made an account to hopefully talk all med school with some of you soon.

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTEEEED!!! Fell in love with this school during interview day and def will be attending! Been a longtime lurker on this forum and finally made an account to hopefully talk all med school with some of you soon.
Congratulations!! When did you Interview?

Congratulations!! When did you Interview?
Thanks! I interviewed Nov 27, got accepted over email.

Does anyone know if we also get something official in the snail mail before we submit the deposit or just the email for now?

Congrats! I interviewed 11/27 also. Unfortunately got the, “We’ll give you a decision by 1/11 email.” Hoping it’s not an indication of anything. Anyone else get a similar email but get an acceptance? Any other acceptances from the 11/27 interview?

Congrats! I interviewed 11/27 also. Unfortunately got the, “We’ll give you a decision by 1/11 email.” Hoping it’s not an indication of anything. Anyone else get a similar email but get an acceptance? Any other acceptances from the 11/27 interview?

I wouldn't worry. It probably has to do with committee members and their schedules..

Also got this email and interviewed 12/03
Looks like they're about to send out a massive wave of decisions in January

I was offered a scholarship as well, and the financial aid director (I think) will email you directly with an opportunity to write an essay if you've been selected as a candidate for one. She emailed me around 1-2 weeks after I was accepted. Good luck!
Did you get the offer before or after you paid the deposit?

They told us on interview day how much each scholarship is worth but I forgot :( Would you mind sharing that info? Fee free to send me a private message. I can't seem to figure out how to message you lol

They told us on interview day how much each scholarship is worth but I forgot :( Would you mind sharing that info? Fee free to send me a private message. I can't seem to figure out how to message you lol

Presidential is $20K/year.
Dean’s is $10K/year.
Both renewed with a 3.5.

has anyone heard anything these days? 30 days are approaching for my interview day and I'm already freaking out lol

How serious are they with the monimmi science GPA of 3.20?? I'm not so sure if I should apply

Accepted yesterday via email around 2:00. Originally interviewed 11/12.

Recently got invited for a January 8th interview. Plan on taking an Uber from Raleigh airport to the Microtel on the 7th (not sure if I can rent a car with an interim drivers license as I wait for my new one to arrive). If someone here chimes in on this message with a similar plan, I’m willing to split the cost of travel for either your car rental or uber, please let me know!) I plan to leave right after the interview day back to the airport.

On another note, I’d be grateful for any interview advice anyone can share!

Last edited:
Recently got invited for a January 8th interview. Plan on taking an Uber from Raleigh airport to the Microtel on the 7th (not sure if I can rent a car with an interim drivers license as I wait for my new one to arrive). If someone here chimes in on this message with a similar plan, I’m willing to split the cost of travel for either your car rental or uber, please let me know!) I plan to leave right after the interview day back to the airport.

Interview day was very relaxed. I will not tell you to not stress because I think a healthy amount of stress is good for performance, but after the interviews the day is all about touring, learning about the school and talking to students. My interviewers did not ask me any curve ball questions or anything tricky, it seemed like they really just wanted to get to know me. It was open file so know your application and be ready to talk about/explain everything on your app. You should also be ready to have an answer to "Why Osteopathic medicine", but I am guessing you have done your research before you decided to apply DO ;) Good luck!

Could any current students talk about textbooks please? There's a list of required/recommended books online. It seems like a lot of books are required and was wondering if the school gives them out or if we have to purchase them? Planning my funds for first year....
Campbell seems to have established quite a bit of residency sites. I'm interested in internal medicine. I know they were working on adding Wake Med. Does anyone know if there was any progress?

I appreciate any info!!

Interview day was very relaxed. I will not tell you to not stress because I think a healthy amount of stress is good for performance, but after the interviews the day is all about touring, learning about the school and talking to students. My interviewers did not ask me any curve ball questions or anything tricky, it seemed like they really just wanted to get to know me. It was open file so know your application and be ready to talk about/explain everything on your app. You should also be ready to have an answer to "Why Osteopathic medicine", but I am guessing you have done your research before you decided to apply DO ;) Good luck!
Thanks so much for the tips! I've gotta brush up on my own application, see where my weaknesses are. I appreciate your input! I am stressing the right amount I hope! Haha

Could any current students talk about textbooks please? There's a list of required/recommended books online. It seems like a lot of books are required and was wondering if the school gives them out or if we have to purchase them? Planning my funds for first year....
Campbell seems to have established quite a bit of residency sites. I'm interested in internal medicine. I know they were working on adding Wake Med. Does anyone know if there was any progress?

I appreciate any info!!

Wake Med...I know that was in the works as of a couple years ago but I honestly haven't asked and they haven't said much so I'm not sure where that's going.

Textbooks...DON'T buy anything yet and don't let the required list scare you. CUSOM is much the same as most schools...we rarely reference our textbooks and when we do, most are available electronically or as hardcopies on reserve in the library. There are a few key books that people like to have a hard copy of, but honestly they are not on the required list. Personally, after Blocks 1 and 2, I have accumulated FA, BRS Physio, and Savarese OMT, although that one isn't in print right now.

Wake Med...I know that was in the works as of a couple years ago but I honestly haven't asked and they haven't said much so I'm not sure where that's going.

Textbooks...DON'T buy anything yet and don't let the required list scare you. CUSOM is much the same as most schools...we rarely reference our textbooks and when we do, most are available electronically or as hardcopies on reserve in the library. There are a few key books that people like to have a hard copy of, but honestly they are not on the required list. Personally, after Blocks 1 and 2, I have accumulated FA, BRS Physio, and Savarese OMT, although that one isn't in print right now.

Perfect, thanks! Yeah that list was def scary haha so you all study mostly with lecture slides and notes?

Perfect, thanks! Yeah that list was def scary haha so you all study mostly with lecture slides and notes?
Yes. Efficiency is key during the week to keep up and focusing on lecture notes is a much better use of time than pouring over the reading. It's faculty-dependent too. Some will indicate reading is recommended vs. required and even some that say it's required point out that the exams will focus on their lecture material. There are a couple of professors that reading is required for but those texts are available via the library. Also sometimes the text can offer practice questions but again you will have access to those books via the library. The exception is definitely if you are deficient in certain areas, reading is helpful.

Hey man! Got an interview scheduled that day and would love to split an uber back!