2018-2019 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Super late to this party but just scheduled an interview for next week, 1/29! I have seen a couple people post about the waitlist so is it safe to assume that this interview will be for a spot on the waitlist instead of just acceptance?

Really excited about this school since it's very close to home!

Congrats!! You’re going to love Campbell! The interview really sold it for me. I wouldn’t assume anything though. Even if you get waitlisted, I think it’s very active. I was able to get off of it myself. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Super late to this party but just scheduled an interview for next week, 1/29! I have seen a couple people post about the waitlist so is it safe to assume that this interview will be for a spot on the waitlist instead of just acceptance?

Congrats on your interview! Campbell is awesome. Enjoy the day and don't stress too much about the interviews, everyone was really nice!

Reactions: 1 user

I just got an interview for next Tuesday as well! I actually only completed my application on Wednesday so I was really amazed at how fast they processed it.
Yes, we will be interviewing for the waitlist. However, according to the lady answering my email, the waitlist just started and there will be seats open at different times as the deposit deadlines come up. So we still have a chance!
I live in Apex and I might drive there this weekend to check out the area. See you on Tuesday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewing this Monday the 28th? SO excited for Campbell - even if the interviews are for waitlist now, I'd be happy to take that! Such a beautiful school. Good luck to all those who are interviewing as well :)

Scheduled for an interview here. So all the people interviewing now and scheduled to interview are for wait list spots ?

Scheduled for an interview here. So all the people interviewing now and scheduled to interview are for wait list spots ?
Yes. I interviewed monday and all the remaining interviews from here on out are for waitlist spots

Yes. I interviewed monday and all the remaining interviews from here on out are for waitlist spots

Did they tell you about chances of being accepted from the wait list? Is the wait list ranked?
Does this mean that the class if full? Is this normal for other schools to have class filled by Dec and place students on wait list

Did they tell you about chances of being accepted from the wait list? Is the wait list ranked?
Does this mean that the class if full? Is this normal for other schools to have class filled by Dec and place students on wait list

the class is currently full right now, yes. They do not rank the waitlist until all interviews are completed. Until that time, they have a waitlist committee almost if you will that reviews people on the waitlist and chooses who to pull off when seats become available. They did not disclose information about the chances of being accepted from the waitlist, but said the waitlist is typically pretty active. Considering the cycle began in about June/July, it is not uncommon for class to be filled at this point in late January, however, I guess it would really depend on the school itself and how they conduct their cycle.

They made it sound like there is usually a good amount of movement and that if you do well on your interview, you have a real chance, even at this point.

I was pulled off of the waitlist three days after sending a letter of interest. From what I know, they review the waitlist every week, so I would consider it pretty active. Still plenty of time!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I was there recently for an interview and can attest to the above information being true. We were told this information by students and admissions. It's not just SDN bs!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have any info on accepted students day like date and time or if its just students or their families as well. also any idea what the agenda for the day is?

anyone have any info on accepted students day like date and time or if its just students or their families as well. also any idea what the agenda for the day is?
According to the email they sent a few weeks back it's on April 6th and family/friends can attend. Not sure what the agenda for the day is, but curious to find out as well

According to the email they sent a few weeks back it's on April 6th and family/friends can attend. Not sure what the agenda for the day is, but curious to find out as well

Ok cool thanks. Anyone bringing family?

Just withdrew my acceptance and dean's scholarship. I have nothing but great things to say about CUSOM. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Can you please tell me how do you schedule the interview?

Waitlisted. Interviewed on 01/29.

Rejected today - interviewed 1/28

Last edited:
Waitlisted! Interviewed 1/29. I know some people may see waitlisted as a bad thing but I'm really excited as I think there is a lot of movement on Campbell's waitlist. I will be sending a letter of intent for sure! Anyone who has gotten off the waitlist or had any experience with this, any advice on when to send it? Is this week too soon or should it be ASAP? Thank you!

Waitlisted. Interviewed on 01/29.

Waitlist usually has a lot of movement!
Waitlisted! Interviewed 1/29. I know some people may see waitlisted as a bad thing but I'm really excited as I think there is a lot of movement on Campbell's waitlist. I will be sending a letter of intent for sure! Anyone who has gotten off the waitlist or had any experience with this, any advice on when to send it? Is this week too soon or should it be ASAP? Thank you!
Congrats! You are right, it's not a bad place to be. Good luck!!

Congrats! I got my waitlist on a Tuesday, sent my LOI on a Friday, and got accepted the next Tuesday. I definitely think sooner than later considering the committee reviews the waitlist weekly. Good luck!

WAITLISTED, as expected tho, we did interview for the waitlist lol

I have been following this forum for a long time already. I have been accepted at this school in December and I have been in love with it since then. Turned down acceptance at WVSOM, ACOM, MU-COM, PNWU, and canceled my interviews at other schools. I saw how honest and compassionate were the faculties (Interviewers) and how happy the students were - so that was the turning point for me. Plus the astonishing board performance, 100% residency placement, affordable tuition, and the school's effort to open their own residency spots. CUSOM is definitely where I can develop my skills as a doctor and raise my awareness of the challenges facing our health care system. Can't wait to see you all on the 6th of April.

I am scheduled to interview on 3/4 and am very excited to see the campus and meet everybody! Interestingly enough, I do not think I would've gotten an invite had I not called in to follow-up on the status of my application yesterday. Hmmm. Being this late into the cycle, do I still stand a chance at getting an acceptance? I'm aware that I will be interviewing for the waitlist at this point.

I am scheduled to interview on 3/4 and am very excited to see the campus and meet everybody! Interestingly enough, I do not think I would've gotten an invite had I not called in to follow-up on the status of my application yesterday. Hmmm. Being this late into the cycle, do I still stand a chance at getting an acceptance? I'm aware that I will be interviewing for the waitlist at this point.

I interviewed in March last year. There are a bunch of us in my class that interviewed late and got off the waitlist. I’m a big believer that if you’re a strong applicant, you’ll get your spot. You will just need some patience to hang out on the waitlist.

To all who are getting waitlisted right now, chin up! They told us today they are waiting on a couple more deposits but other than that the class is full. Remember, waitlisted means you’re good enough to be in the incoming class, but no spot is currently available. DO schools usually have good movement because no matter how great the school is, applicants will still drop their acceptance in a heartbeat for an allopathic school. Hope that helps!

I interviewed in March last year. There are a bunch of us in my class that interviewed late and got off the waitlist. I’m a big believer that if you’re a strong applicant, you’ll get your spot. You will just need some patience to hang out on the waitlist.

To all who are getting waitlisted right now, chin up! They told us today they are waiting on a couple more deposits but other than that the class is full. Remember, waitlisted means you’re good enough to be in the incoming class, but no spot is currently available. DO schools usually have good movement because no matter how great the school is, applicants will still drop their acceptance in a heartbeat for an allopathic school. Hope that helps!

Thank you staphasaurus! That definitely gives me hope. Do you have any tips for interview day?

WAITLISTED, as expected tho, we did interview for the waitlist lol

Do they inform the interviewees that they are interviewing for the waitlist? Or do they announce that somewhere on their website?

Interviewing 2/18 and driving in from the RDU area that morning. If anyone needs a ride or just wants to carpool give me a shout!

Do they inform the interviewees that they are interviewing for the waitlist? Or do they announce that somewhere on their website?

they do not announce this openly as it is a disincentive for people to spend the money to travel for their interview. however if you ask, they will be honest and tell you. someone did in my interview group and they were open and honest about it. Everyone after mid-January is interviewing for the waitlist. with that info in mind, it's up to you whether you want to go to it or not!

Thank you staphasaurus! That definitely gives me hope. Do you have any tips for interview day?

even though you didn't ask me, show some personality to your interviewers. be their "break" from some of the other cut throat, monotonous interviewees.

The above advice is good. If you haven’t had an open file interview before, it’s important to review your application as your interviewers will ask you questions based on what you wrote. Be prepared to address any weaknesses or oddities in your app as you will likely be asked about them.

Can someone tell me whether CUSOM gives time off for board prep? I know someone asked before but I can't find the thread :( Sorry about that!

Can someone tell me whether CUSOM gives time off for board prep? I know someone asked before but I can't find the thread :( Sorry about that!

I believe I heard ~ 4 weeks

So my boyfriend and I are flying into Raleigh for an interview on 3/4. Should things work out, we plan to move over. Any tips on neighborhoods we should check out? Any areas we need to avoid? Anything helps!

I do understand that I'll be interviewing for the waitlist so I'm not expecting too much...but want to be ready nonetheless.

So my boyfriend and I are flying into Raleigh for an interview on 3/4. Should things work out, we plan to move over. Any tips on neighborhoods we should check out? Any areas we need to avoid? Anything helps!

I do understand that I'll be interviewing for the waitlist so I'm not expecting too much...but want to be ready nonetheless.

There will be a list floating around with good housing options in the surrounding area, but I know a good majority of students opt for Campbell Pointe in Buies Creek, and the Village at Marquee in Fuquay. Also worth looking into Holly Springs, Apex, or South Raleigh if you're looking for an area with a bit more to offer in entertainment.

How long are each of the 3 interviews? I couldn't find the information anywhere and just want to know before heading down there next week.

There will be a list floating around with good housing options in the surrounding area, but I know a good majority of students opt for Campbell Pointe in Buies Creek, and the Village at Marquee in Fuquay. Also worth looking into Holly Springs, Apex, or South Raleigh if you're looking for an area with a bit more to offer in entertainment.
Thank you so much!

Hi, Just wondering if anyone waitlisted around early December has heard back?

Rejected post interview :(

Really loved this school! Good luck to everyone still applying

Interview invite today, OOS complete mid Sept. I declined the interview. Hope it goes to one of you! 3 dates were given, 2 in Feb and 1 in March.

Anyone interviewing feb 26 that's willing to give me a ride from microtel to the interview ? I won't have a ride and have read it's super hard to get Uber and lyft...I'll pay