2018-2019 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 10/1 and accepted via email 3 hours ago!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on everyone who got accepted! I'm interviewing 10/30, does anyone know what their post-II acceptance rate is like?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on everyone who got accepted! I'm interviewing 10/30, does anyone know what their post-II acceptance rate is like?
I'm not sure what their post-II acceptance rate is, but if I remember correctly, I think they told us on interview day that their class is around 160 students. They're bound to accept more students than their class size, so I think everyone has a really great shot. The interview is pretty relaxed, so I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure what their post-II acceptance rate is, but if I remember correctly, I think they told us on interview day that their class is around 160 students. They're bound to accept more students than their class size, so I think everyone has a really great shot. The interview is pretty relaxed, so I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck!
Thank you!!

Does anyone know if they accept updates on activities, publications, etc? I can't find any information on this. Any help is appreciated!

Accepted just now via email!! Such a relief

accepted email finally came! So excited for this school

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a secondary from this school!

It took like 3 weeks. It seems like they do a thorough check. Does this means there a high chance for an interveiw?

Just got a secondary from this school!

It took like 3 weeks. It seems like they do a thorough check. Does this means there a high chance for an interveiw?
I'm not sure you can tell your odds of getting an II from the time they took to check. But they are definitely worth it. I was very impressed by their stats on the boards and residency placement.

Sent from my VS425PP using SDN mobile

I'm not sure you can tell your odds of getting an II from the time they took to check. But they are definitely worth it. I was very impressed by their stats on the boards and residency placement.

Sent from my VS425PP using SDN mobile

Thank you for your insight and good luck!

Does anyone know what time frame they're currently scheduling for? No II posts lately..

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got a secondary after I was sent to the pre-screen committee for my MCAT a while ago. Do you think it's too late to submit to this school?

Can anyone shed some light on the interviews here? Is it open file or closed file? Panel interview or 1 on 1? Do they just ask basic questions like tell me about yourself, why do, why our school etc or do they also ask ethical questions? Thanks!

Can anyone shed some light on the interviews here? Is it open file or closed file? Panel interview or 1 on 1? Do they just ask basic questions like tell me about yourself, why do, why our school etc or do they also ask ethical questions? Thanks!
open file, 3 one-on-one interviews, very conversational- see above from other posters about specific questions!

Anyone have any thoughts on CUSOM vs. ACOM? Feel free to PM me

Anyone have any thoughts on CUSOM vs. ACOM? Feel free to PM me

Can someone also throw UIWSOM into the comparison? I received an II today but have acceptances to UIW and ACOM and am thinking about giving up the interview spot.

Is there anyone who has been accepted and has to reserve their seat by Nov. 16th know if its just the background check and drug screen from the Castle Branch site? I know we will have to get immunizations part done, but I'm unsure if that needs to be done by the 16th as well.

anyone else interviewing here next week? pumped to see the school!

Is there anyone who has been accepted and has to reserve their seat by Nov. 16th know if its just the background check and drug screen from the Castle Branch site? I know we will have to get immunizations part done, but I'm unsure if that needs to be done by the 16th as well.

No idea but gonna get it all done before nov 15th to be safe

Background check and pee test by the date specified in your email.

Immunizations and physical are not due until you report for orientation. HBV repeat series if you failed your titer may still be in progress when school starts because it takes months to complete. One thing to make sure you do is get a flu shot so you can put it in for this year then update next year so you aren't stuck in between seasons when shots aren't available and show as delinquent for it.

Background check and pee test by the date specified in your email.

Immunizations and physical are not due until you report for orientation. HBV repeat series if you failed your titer may still be in progress when school starts because it takes months to complete. One thing to make sure you do is get a flu shot so you can put it in for this year then update next year so you aren't stuck in between seasons when shots aren't available and show as delinquent for it.
Thank you so much!

Can a current student PM me? I had some questions about housing in the area

What an uncomfortable situation Campbell puts prospective students in by making the deposit date on 11/15

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody get an admissions decision this week?

What an uncomfortable situation Campbell puts prospective students in by making the deposit date on 11/15
Not only that, they also require you to get your drug screen and background check in by then as well :(

We have to go in person to do the drug screen right?
Yes to any lapcorp. Make sure you check the hours, as the drug screen hours are more limited than the regular hours at most of the locations.

for the interivew is any part of the tour or anything outside? Wondering if i need to bring a rain coat or jacket

This sucks soooo bad. $1500 isn't exactly pocket change. I'm struggling to decide if I should pay it to save my seat or pray that I get the other acceptance I'm waiting for.

This sucks soooo bad. $1500 isn't exactly pocket change. I'm struggling to decide if I should pay it to save my seat or pray that I get the other acceptance I'm waiting for.

In the exact same boat... do you know when is the last day we can get the drug screen and background check in to save our acceptances?

But, I'm assuming you'd have to begin the process of getting those things in earlier than the Nov. 15th deadline. That's what I'm curious about. in my portal, you have to pay the price of the drug/background checks before you can begin looking at sites nearby.

But, I'm assuming you'd have to begin the process of getting those things in earlier than the Nov. 15th deadline. That's what I'm curious about. in my portal, you have to pay the price of the drug/background checks before you can begin looking at sites nearby.

If you have the time and are planning on putting the deposit in anyway I would just do it ASAP. Most schools will more than likely use castle branch for submitting all this info anyway. I know it is a popular company

In the exact same boat... do you know when is the last day we can get the drug screen and background check in to save our acceptances?
The email I received from the Admissions Director seemed to imply that it's absolutely necessary to have paid the 1500 by 11/15, but the drug test and criminal background check are a part of matriculation. So it seems like as long as you pay by 11/15, and get the other things done before you matriculate or by the time classes start, you'd be OK.

The email I received from the Admissions Director seemed to imply that it's absolutely necessary to have paid the 1500 by 11/15, but the drug test and criminal background check are a part of matriculation. So it seems like as long as you pay by 11/15, and get the other things done before you matriculate or by the time classes start, you'd be OK.
I talked to her on the phone last week. The drug test and criminal background check are also due by 11/15. It's the immunization record that you can finish prior to matriculation.

Campbell secondary completed 10/11, II today! OOS applicant.

Anyone have any tips for the interview day/how was the overall vibe? A little nervous about 3 interviews!

Anyone have any tips for the interview day/how was the overall vibe? A little nervous about 3 interviews!

The three interviews are very conversational and traditional in manner. Just know why you want to be at CUSOM and your motivations to be a doctor and you should be ok! There aren't any trick questions and the length of the interview doesn't feel long at all when you're going through it. Very great faculty and the interview is certainly laid back. Good luck!

Do you think people that interviewed last week won't hear until after Nov 15th?