2018-2019 Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone accepted gotten any sort of confirmation once you clicked "decision received" or "continuing consideration" or anything like that? I can't see any sort of status update

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist email just now :( From looking at past threads, anyone know how promising a waitlist position is? Was my top choice

Same homie. I'd hate to add salt to the wound, but didn't you say something about eating shoes?
I think eating shoes will only add to the depression so we ain't doing that today sorry homie

Reactions: 2 users
Did yall find that pressing the buttons on the accept page did nothing to change the options presented? Like nothing is greyed out (even after I pressed the hold spot button x100000)
Yeah it didn’t change for me either after clicking 3 times

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like last year there were deferrals before there was a waitlist. Does anyone know if this is the case again this year? Seems like everyone has just been waitlisted

It seems like last year there were deferrals before there was a waitlist. Does anyone know if this is the case again this year? Seems like everyone has just been waitlisted

Yeah I'm surprised to see this news. I interviewed earlier this week, and they told us that they weren't going to officially waitlist people until March. But I guess they also told you guys you'd hear back in December, so their plans seem to be shifting a lot.

Has any received a rejection yet, or is it just waitlists/acceptances?

Based off last year's thread, most of those who didn't get an email of acceptance received a deferred email the next day. A few of those who got the deferred email were accepted in subsequent rounds, but most ended up on the waitlist.

Do you know if these batches were released weekly, biweekly, monthly?

has anyone been able to contact the admissions office today? wanted to call to ask about the status of the acceptance and the phone rang for a literal half hour...

MSTP waitlist as well :(

Not sure how many MSTPs they end up waitlisting and if there's a legit possibility about getting off this WL.

Disappointed because the waitlist email started off so positive - but I'm still somewhat hopeful ("we are not able to offer a position to you immediately..." seems to imply there's some chance?)

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing from my II, hope it goes to those who really want to go here :) Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Anyone know if II are still going out? It’s been radio silence from admissions since I completed my secondary this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

MSTP waitlist as well :(

Not sure how many MSTPs they end up waitlisting and if there's a legit possibility about getting off this WL.

Disappointed because the waitlist email started off so positive - but I'm still somewhat hopeful ("we are not able to offer a position to you immediately..." seems to imply there's some chance?)

Agreed - I feel like it’s very misleading because it seems they are waitlisting everyone not accepted...

For the ISMMS financial aid application, do we fill it out and then email it back to financial aid? Also, how do we send in tax returns/W2s?

Is anyone having issues accessing the portal? I use the link they've sent in the emails and it brings me to an error page

Reactions: 3 users
It seems like people who have heard recently are all being waitlisted. For those of us with interviews coming up at Mt sinai soon, do you think we are likely just interviewing to get on the waitlist or do you think we still have a solid chance of being accepted post-interview?

It seems like people who have heard recently are all being waitlisted. For those of us with interviews coming up at Mt sinai soon, do you think we are likely just interviewing to get on the waitlist or do you think we still have a solid chance of being accepted post-interview?
I'll put it this way. As far as I know, the idea that schools interview later candidates just for the waitlist is a myth. But even if it's true, logic says that if you are a qualified candidate who they would've accepted had you interviewed earlier, they would be putting you at the top of the wait list anyway, where you're almost guaranteed to be accepted later.

Got waitlisted but it definitely feels a bit hopeless / like a rejection for some reason. Had a really fumbling interview and I definitely failed to highlight my strengths as an applicant. Plus it just felt like the complete opposite of the sort of "laid back, conversational" interview they claimed it would be - very much a prescribed list of questions with no attempt to take things in an organic direction.

On paper Sinai was probably my top choice but I had a much better day at other schools, so not really sure how to feel. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

Got waitlisted but it definitely feels a bit hopeless / like a rejection for some reason. Had a really fumbling interview and I definitely failed to highlight my strengths as an applicant. Plus it just felt like the complete opposite of the sort of "laid back, conversational" interview they claimed it would be - very much a prescribed list of questions with no attempt to take things in an organic direction.

On paper Sinai was probably my top choice but I had a much better day at other schools, so not really sure how to feel. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

You never know. I thought it was the best interview I gave, yet here I am on the waitlist. I think that the post-interview acceptance predictions are likely off at schools that have programs like Icahn's FlexMed. I recall hearing that they're aiming to increase the number of seats filled by FlexMed students too (up to half of the class). It makes one wonder if schools with such programs will be considered "low/lower" yield in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
Sinai apparently doesn't give a lot of aid :( I thought they would since they're in NYC

Sinai apparently doesn't give a lot of aid :( I thought they would since they're in NYC
Where did you get this info from? And do you mean merit or need based or both?
MSAR says 70% receive aid, although I'm not sure if this includes loans. Average graduate indebtedness is $145,653 which is great for a private school and comparable to Columbia. They offer merit and need-based scholarships but I have no clue how the dollar distribution between the two is. Lastly, I will add they have the best subsidized housing in NYC and a primary care loan repayment program (up to $80,000 if you work primary care for 2 years in and undeserved area after residency). I believe this is a very commendable program and more schools should apply their aid money in a similar fashion.

My overall opinion on financial aid at the Manhattan privates: NYU>Columbia=Sinai>Cornell

MSAR says 70% receive aid, although I'm not sure if this includes loans. Average graduate indebtedness is $145,653 which is great for a private school and comparable to Columbia. They offer merit and need-based scholarships but I have no clue how the dollar distribution between the two is. Lastly, I will add they have the best subsidized housing in NYC and a primary care loan repayment program (up to $80,000 if you work primary care for 2 years in and undeserved area after residency). I believe this is a very commendable program and more schools should apply their aid money in a similar fashion.

My overall opinion on financial aid at the Manhattan privates: NYU>Columbia=Sinai>Cornell

Can you post the MSAR data on the Waitlist?

Has anybody received an email from Student Financial Services Office with log-in information to the "Applicant Service Portal" yet?

Has anybody received an email from Student Financial Services Office with log-in information to the "Applicant Service Portal" yet?
I received the financial aid email today saying I need to submit all the supplemental financial aid documents but no log-in info . I would really like to get the financial aid processing started but looks like we're going to have to be patient with it

Still no response to my ITA email from September, and they just sent me an email from their graduate program. It’s not looking good...

I received the financial aid email today saying I need to submit all the supplemental financial aid documents but no log-in info . I would really like to get the financial aid processing started but looks like we're going to have to be patient with it
Okay, good to know I wasn't missing anything!

Anyone know if II are still going out? It’s been radio silence from admissions since I completed my secondary this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
wondering the same thing, is it worth it to submit an update?