2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all!! Rowan SOM wait list still gives you a great shot at being accepted to the upcoming matriculating class! There is NO hold list anymore, ONLY a wait list so please ignore posts that talk about strategizing with hold vs wait list tactics. The wait list is ranked and then students are pulled off accordingly to fill seats. If you are interested to know where you are on the wait list and what your odds are then you should call the admissions office! They were nothing but helpful for me and now I am a Rowan SOM medical student

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all!! Rowan SOM wait list still gives you a great shot at being accepted to the upcoming matriculating class! There is NO hold list anymore, ONLY a wait list so please ignore posts that talk about strategizing with hold vs wait list tactics. The wait list is ranked and then students are pulled off accordingly to fill seats. If you are interested to know where you are on the wait list and what your odds are then you should call the admissions office! They were nothing but helpful for me and now I am a Rowan SOM medical student
True statement! Thank you. Were you accepted off the wait list this cycle? You gave me hope!!

Interviewed 11/20 and still haven't heard back about an admissions decision. If I call the admissions office would they be able to give me any answers? This waiting game is driving me crazy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
so is it basically game over if we haven't heard back from them yet? submitted in july

so is it basically game over if we haven't heard back from them yet? submitted in july
Its not game over until you get the regret letter at the end of the cycle, call them and ask, rowan likes to see interest

My apologies everyone, there is no way I could have known that. That being said, a main point of my post was to advise those wait-listed to not wait around.

It is likely they did away with the hold list because they have a decent amount of students from last application cycle matriculating this summer, which means there are already less seats for the class of 2023. Don't be discouraged however, as I am sure there will be movement on the wait list, but no one, not even admissions, knows how much movement there will be. We're all speculating.

My advice to those on the wait list is to send in updates to admissions regarding grades, MCAT scores, and activities. Maybe even visit campus. Rowan's Admissions office is so helpful, caring, and transparent so I encourage those who want to come here to show strong interest. That being said, none of this will guarantee you an acceptance, and many of you on the wait list may not hear back. I personally would not wait around for them to rank me. Rather, I suggest you find ways to improve your application - call them and ask. It's January, they won't rank you until they finish all of their interviews...so maybe March? April?. They may pull from the list earlier if accepted students decide to go elsewhere during the application cycle, which is always a possibility.

Best of luck, feel free to message me with any questions ! :)

Anyone know when the accepted students day is this year ?

Wait is it true that they are no longer accepting students for the incoming class? I sent them my updated transcript, and a letter of interest bc I haven't gotten an interview or rejection yet.

interviewed 11/6 and haven't heard anything :( anyone still in the same boat? it seems like a few people have gotten waitlisted but no rejections or acceptances in a while

interviewed 11/6 and haven't heard anything :( anyone still in the same boat? it seems like a few people have gotten waitlisted but no rejections or acceptances in a while
Interviewed 11/29 and haven't heard back. Debating whether I should call?

Placed on the wait-list today, does anyone know when to expect movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got waitlisted today. Thinking of calling to find out where I am on the list

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Got an acceptance call yesterday! They said official letters are going out Monday

Reactions: 3 users
II today and the only available date is 1/16. Complete 8/22. Don't think I am going to accept the invite.

I called the admissions office today. Turns out they can’t tell us our position on the waitlist. We just have to wait it out ‍♀️

For the people wondering if they are still sending out invitations; I called them today . I was complete on September and they told me that i could get an invite for an interview during the next two months. So yes they are still sending out interview invites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I interviewed November 6, was placed on the waitlist December 26 and was accepted yesterday (January 15).

I thought I would die on the waitlist so I sent a really strongly worded letter of intent within a week and no other updates. The waitlist must move since it took less than a month for my name to be pulled off of it. I’m really in shock bc I’m from NJ and this honestly is the best place I could end up. Good luck to everyone else! And if you’re on the wait list, you definitely still have a shot!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys I applied on September 5th, 2018 and had an interview last tuesday (Jan, 8th). I received an offer to join the class of 2023. So I don’t know why everyone’s assuming they are done accpeting people. There’s still hope to be accepted in this medical school. Unfortunately, I rejected the offer since I’ve received a better one.

MCAT score: 497
cGPA: 3.89
sGPA: 3.79
E.C: scribe, pharmacy tech, internship in psych ward, Red Cross, nursing home volunteer

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I interviewed November 6, was placed on the waitlist December 26 and was accepted yesterday (January 15).

I thought I would die on the waitlist so I sent a really strongly worded letter of intent within a week and no other updates. The waitlist must move since it took less than a month for my name to be pulled off of it. I’m really in shock bc I’m from NJ and this honestly is the best place I could end up. Good luck to everyone else! And if you’re on the wait list, you definitely still have a shot!
Did you email the letter to admissions? I was recently waitlisted as well

II today from the pre-II hold list.

Received an II! Excited but was wondering if they're just interviewing for the waitlist at this point.

Accepted off the WL about a week ago, but I'm turning down the acceptance to attend another school. Hope it goes to one of you in this thread. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the WL about a week ago, but I'm turning down the acceptance to attend another school. Hope it goes to one of you in this thread. Good luck everyone!
Best of luck! What date were you placed on the waitlist?

Did you receive an email stating you were placed on the high priority waitlist before receiving the acceptance?

Ok i am trying to submit my secondary application but they won't let me pay??
It says
"Please click return button after you submit your payment in order to complete the payment process.
Do not use the back key on your browser during the payment process"

But there is NO RETURN BUTTON

help! please! thanks!

I did not. Are you having issues?

Ok i am trying to submit my secondary application but they won't let me pay??
It says
"Please click return button after you submit your payment in order to complete the payment process.
Do not use the back key on your browser during the payment process"

But there is NO RETURN BUTTON

help! please! thanks!

How many of you guys are going to accepted students day

Is Rowan still interviewing, and are there still spots left in next year's class? or would we be interviewing for waitlist spots??

How many of you guys are going to accepted students day
I will attend, but as I'm OOS I'll probably go only on Saturday. Not sure yet.

Is there any current students here that chose the PBL track? And any accepted students that are considering PBL? I would love to talk about it, because I won't have the chance to shadow before making a decision.

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the high priority wait-list?

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the high priority wait-list?

I haven’t heard anything back from them since getting that email. I would think within a month at the least we should start seeing some movement.

Withdrew from this school, hoping it helps one of you!
#StayStrongFellowPreMeds

Anyone get a II w/ a 505 MCAT, 3.5 cumulative, 3.2 sGPA? Applied in late October, still no news, getting worried :(

Anyone get a II w/ a 505 MCAT, 3.5 cumulative, 3.2 sGPA? Applied in late October, still no news, getting worried :(
I have been complete with similar stats since July and have not heard back. I know people with the same stats that have already been accepted. It's all luck of the draw and whether or not your application stands out to the admissions committee.

I have been complete with similar stats since July and have not heard back. I know people with the same stats that have already been accepted. It's all luck of the draw and whether or not your application stands out to the admissions committee.

So weird right? Damn. Hopefully we can both still get in :/

I applied in October and have a 511 3.48 and 3.38 and haven't heard back yet either. It's so weird because I got MD interviews but radio silence from here