2018-2019 Rush University Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dead silence thus far. Does anything think it's worthwhile to email them and ask them the status of my application?

Maybe be include an updated on what cool/ interesting things you’ve been up to

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe be include an updated on what cool/ interesting things you’ve been up to
Let me know how that goes. I tried emailing them updates and received a response that they don’t accept any due to the large number of applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Let me know how that goes. I tried emailing them updates and received a response that they don’t accept any due to the large number of applicants.

If so, don’t do it!

Members don't see this ad :)

So not receptive. I appreciate you trying and sharing your experience.

Yes, and at the interview, Rush indicated that they would follow this standard, inviting all waitlisted and accepted to come..
What if I’m on the active consideration list?

Reactions: 1 user
What if I’m on the active consideration list?

I'm on the active consideration list and I got that email if that's what you're asking!

I'm on the active consideration list and I got that email if that's what you're asking!
Oops, should’ve phrased my question better. So if we received this invite while being actively considered, does that mean we’re most likely either accepted or waitlisted (and not R)?

Nonetheless, I’ll be praying for the both of us:)

Last edited:
Oops, should’ve phrased my question better. So if we received this invite while being actively considered, does that mean we’re most likely either accepted or waitlisted (and not R)?

Nonetheless, I’ll be praying for the both of us:)
Haha thank you! I hope you get that A!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think those of us who haven't been invited for an interview have basically been rejected, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

I think those of us who haven't been invited for an interview have basically been rejected, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Yeah probably. I wouldn't be surprised if they send out a few more IIs over the course of the next two weeks, though

Hello everyone! I apologize if this is repetitive (or does not have an answer) I have looked through old posts and cannot seem to get a general consensus.

What is an applicant’s chance at getting an acceptance after the interview? Looking at the MSAR, Rush doesn’t publish their waitlist size.

I am interviewing here shortly, am absolutely in love with the Rush program, and am honestly psyching myself out haha.

Hello everyone! I apologize if this is repetitive (or does not have an answer) I have looked through old posts and cannot seem to get a general consensus.

What is an applicant’s chance at getting an acceptance after the interview? Looking at the MSAR, Rush doesn’t publish their waitlist size.

I am interviewing here shortly, am absolutely in love with the Rush program, and am honestly psyching myself out haha.

Based off the data that they presented on interview day, for the 2018 cycle they made 307 acceptance offers out of 449 interviews, with an entering class of 144. Good luck at the interview!

Reactions: 2 users
interviewed today and I am absolutely head over heels for this school, oh nooooo

interviewed today and I am absolutely head over heels for this school, oh nooooo
Do you mind sharing what you loved and what region of the US you are from?

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interviews?? Im

Can someone who has already interviewed give some insight into the group exercise? Is it high pressure? Any tips on it!

Can someone who has already interviewed give some insight into the group exercise? Is it high pressure? Any tips on it!

My experience was chill! I really liked how excited the staff and students were very excited and wanted to convince us that Rush was a good fit.

My long interview was very resume heavy so be able to talk about your experiences and how they relate to Rush’s mission.

Also memorize rush’s mission, they gave a prize to the guy who did!

The short interview is kinda just a “tell me about yourself” and “why rush”? So have a convincing and smooth response.

Overall very chill but be prepared!

Good luck!

My experience was chill! I really liked how excited the staff and students were very excited and wanted to convince us that Rush was a good fit.

My long interview was very resume heavy so be able to talk about your experiences and how they relate to Rush’s mission.

Also memorize rush’s mission, they gave a prize to the guy who did!

The short interview is kinda just a “tell me about yourself” and “why rush”? So have a convincing and smooth response.

Overall very chill but be prepared!

Good luck!

I don’t think they want us telling others how the group project went, but just be a team player!

How long after II does committee get back to you does anyone know?

Does Rush formally send rejections or will we just never hear back and get ghosted?

Does Rush formally send rejections or will we just never hear back and get ghosted?

I'm guessing the latter. Like the chick at the bar who gives you her cell (secondary) but never texts you back (extends you an II)

I'm guessing the latter. Like the chick at the bar who gives you her cell (secondary) but never texts you back (extends you an II)

Are you saying pre II or post II? They have already sent formal rejections for pre II, so I am assuming everyone will eventually get a formal rejection.

Are you saying pre II or post II? They have already sent formal rejections for pre II, so I am assuming everyone will eventually get a formal rejection.

I haven't gotten a pre-II rejection...

Reactions: 4 users
Same here. Do you think that means there are more interviews being sent out or just a silent rejection?

I think they interview until the end of March, and I don't think (someone please correct me if I am wrong) they have scheduled all those interviews. I would also conjecture that the non-R applicants exceeds the number of interviews left.

Was anyone a nurse prior to applying? Or know of anyone that was? I just have some questions!

I was waitlisted and they said that in February we would be given an opportunity to send updates and what not. Does anyone know when that will be, or has anyone received info on that?

I’ve been complete since mid-Aug sitting in silence. Anyone know for sure if II’s are still coming out or should I just abandon hope?

Reactions: 7 users
I’ve been complete since mid-Aug sitting in silence. Anyone know for sure if II’s are still coming out or should I just abandon hope?
Same. They said interviews are on Wednesdays only, September through February, so I'm guessing they're pretty much done sending out invites.

I interviewed a bit ago and when I scheduled it, I think the last date I saw was next Wednesday (2/27). Not sure if there will be more but those were the options as of about a month ago.

Current students, what does financial aid look like for rush compared to other schools you received a financial aid package from?

Anyone think if interviewing on the last day has higher chance on waitlist?

Anyone think if interviewing on the last day has higher chance on waitlist?

From previous posts in this thread, and others, no. I think you should go for it. For three reasons.

1) It would not make sense for a school to interview a candidate for the sole purpose of "filling a wait list." Since there have been students who have been accepted,rejected, and wait listed throughout the cycle they likely already have a decent waitlist to pull from. In other words, there is something they like about you.

2) from the data offered at the interview day, rush interviewed ~420 candidates and extended ~300 acceptances. That puts you at a good statistical chance of acceptance, even if you get on the waitlist.

3) if you like the rush model, then aim for rush! Personally, Rush is honestly the coolest program I have ever seen. The curriculum is genuinely innovative (so many schools say this, but I think RUSH is actually living it). If you are interested in the school, give yourself an opportunity to go to the school and see if it’s what you want for your education!

No insider information, but I think that it won’t hurt you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users