2018-2019 Rutgers New Jersey Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to those who have been accepted! Saw a few acceptances this past week. (PS: these are ED applicants. RD people don't get anxious lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know approx what days they call with acceptances? Is it always on a weekend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approx what days they call with acceptances? Is it always on a weekend?
It's not always on a weekend! Usually Sunday nights is when Dr. Heinrich has the time to call people (it's when I got my call) but I know of a few people who got calls at other times including on holidays! He always likes to call some people on Christmas Eve/Day.

It's not always on a weekend! Usually Sunday nights is when Dr. Heinrich has the time to call people (it's when I got my call) but I know of a few people who got calls at other times including on holidays! He always likes to call some people on Christmas Eve/Day.
Is it possible to get a call the weekend right after your interview? I had mine Tuesday and I’m holding on to my phone for dear life lmao

Is it possible to get a call the weekend right after your interview? I had mine Tuesday and I’m holding on to my phone for dear life lmao
Probably not since the admissions committee meets every Thursday. I would imagine the turn around time is quicker for ED applicants but for RD dont' expect a response until about 4-6 weeks after your interview.

Has anyone gotten secondaries for the regular admissions?

Based on last year's thread, they will most likely be sent out sometime next week.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone who interviewed last week hear anything yet?

"Provide a very short reflection of what you have learned about your preferred strategies for pursuing knowledge in areas of interest to yourself."
How did you guys respond to this prompt? what do they mean by preferred strategies?

Members don't see this ad :)
"Provide a very short reflection of what you have learned about your preferred strategies for pursuing knowledge in areas of interest to yourself."
How did you guys respond to this prompt? what do they mean by preferred strategies?
You're in the wrong thread, thats for Robert Wood Johnson.

Got the call an hour ago!!!!!! I’m in!

Reactions: 5 users
are the RD secondaries typically the same as early decision? Just wanted to know if pre-writing is worth it

Last edited:
I guess it'd be kind of hard to verify who were admitted without formal letters so facebook will probably come after August when the class of 2022 has started.

On a similar note, I got the call from Dean Heinrich few days ago, but was wondering if any ED admits got any letter/emails regarding their acceptance.

I guess it'd be kind of hard to verify who were admitted without formal letters so facebook will probably come after August when the class of 2022 has started.

On a similar note, I got the call from Dean Heinrich few days ago, but was wondering if any ED admits got any letter/emails regarding their acceptance.
I believe Dean Heinrich mentioned that it would be ~2 weeks before the emails came out since the current class needs to fully matriculate.

Is it safe to assume that the ED secondary questions will be the same for non-ED applicants??

Got a secondary! Non-ED applicant here

Reactions: 2 users
For the question "Please share your thoughts on Integrity" are you guys including a personal example/story? Or do you think just talking about what integrity means to you is fine?

For the question "Please share your thoughts on Integrity" are you guys including a personal example/story? Or do you think just talking about what integrity means to you is fine?
I started with a sentence or two intro on what integrity means to me and why its important to medicine. The rest of my essay backs up what I said through a personal example

I believe Dean Heinrich mentioned that it would be ~2 weeks before the emails came out since the current class needs to fully matriculate.
got the email yesterday!

I defined what integrity is and why it's important, then gave a brief example of a situation that required some utilization of my integrity.

For this question: NJMS is committed to fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. With this in mind, how will you contribute to our medical school community?

Can we use our diversity statement here? I'm kind of confused since there's a diversity section above the essay section.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody have any input about uploading a pic. I submitted today and it says that I should be receiving and email to tell me how to upload the pic. Nothing yet

Anybody have any input about uploading a pic. I submitted today and it says that I should be receiving and email to tell me how to upload the pic. Nothing yet

Didn't get it either.

Does any body know if there is any sort of screening process before NJMS secondary’s are sent? I am not verified yet (I submitted on 7/2) and I got one! Just curious

Secondary submitted yday. Last year I heard it was only a couple of days before they sent out II's so crossing my fingers

If you have participated in any program(s) affiliated with NJMS (i.e. summer programs, research, high school programs, internships, volunteering, graduate school, etc.), please indicate below. Please provide name(s) and date(s) of program participation:

If you have any relatives currently enrolled or who have graduated from NJMS please provide name(s), relationship to you and graduation year in the space provided below:

If you have any other connections to NJMS, or Rutgers University, please provide details below:

If you previously applied to NJMS through AMCAS or an accelerated program, please provide the following: Program name(s) and Application year(s):

Please indicate below if you previously met with either Dr. Heinrich or Ms. Rivero (prior to July 1, 2018). With whom did you meet and date(s):

NJMS recognizes the importance of diversity in the medical profession. We understand that the applicant pool is multidimensional and as such we would like to learn more about you:
How do you self-identify Racially
How do you self-identify Ethnically
How do you self-identify Culturally

Integrity is a core value at NJMS. Please share your thoughts on Integrity. Additionally, we seek students who are self-aware, resilient and adaptable. Discuss a personal or professional challenge you have experienced and how you resolved it.

NJMS is committed to fostering a collaborative and cohesive environment. With this in mind, how will you contribute to our medical school community?

Please discuss any additional information you feel may help us in our review of your candidacy. Feel free to elaborate on any gaps (educational or experiences), discrepancies in academic history, institutional actions, etc.

Good luck to everyone applying!
just received secondary, do you know whens the deadline ?