2018-2019 Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if I can send another LOR after I was placed on 'alternate' wait list post II? I don't really have anything to update them with, so I will attach an LOI with it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if I can send another LOR after I was placed on 'alternate' wait list post II? I don't really have anything to update them with, so I will attach an LOI with it.
Definitely you can!

R pre-II. Complete 7/31. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
R pre-II. Complete mid-August. Have to admit I am disappointed. Sigh.

Preparing myself :,( deep breaths me deep breaths.

In my head, “just keep breathin and breathin and breathin and breathin” -Ariana Grande

Reactions: 1 users
I've been left on read since 6/30. I just want them to give me the R already

Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes. Bracing myself. Does anyone know if *in general* Sidney Kimmel does "rolling"....I haven't been able to find any info on whether they review apps in order of when they are received.

Yikes. Bracing myself. Does anyone know if *in general* Sidney Kimmel does "rolling"....I haven't been able to find any info on whether they review apps in order of when they are received.
Wondering the same.

Mine still says "under review" - LM 82 - is this a good sign? Also, do they acknowledge receiving pre-II updates (sent 4 days ago).

So those who were rejected just now were high LM?

Not necessarily since the people that posted Rs on this thread don't have super high LMs. The majority of the IIs earlier on were very high LMs and there was no rhyme or reason in terms of complete dates. It's all speculation but there was an article I linked earlier where Dr. Callahan mentions that for each application "there’s an automated process that generates a “Jefferson score” using GPA and MCAT scores." FWIW I have a lower LizzyM (67), was complete the first week of July, and still have not heard anything....

Not necessarily since the people that posted Rs on this thread don't have super high LMs. The majority of the IIs earlier on were very high LMs and there was no rhyme or reason in terms of complete dates. It's all speculation but there was an article I linked earlier where Dr. Callahan mentions that for each application "there’s an automated process that generates a “Jefferson score” using GPA and MCAT scores." FWIW I have a lower LizzyM (67), was complete the first week of July, and still have not heard anything....
Same. No R no II. LM 72-73 completed Mid-July.

Mine still says "under review" - LM 82 - is this a good sign? Also, do they acknowledge receiving pre-II updates (sent 4 days ago).

I submitted an update via email and received an automated confirmation email.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Jefferson keeps shuffling through apps. Like someone said, they stratify but keep coming back to apps and send out interviews on a rolling basis

What time on Wednesday does Jefferson usually release post interview decisions?

Jefferson keeps shuffling through apps. Like someone said, they stratify but keep coming back to apps and send out interviews on a rolling basis
Since Jeff encourages updates, is it better to send smaller updates more frequently or send multiple things per letter and have it less frequently?

So they review by GPA and MCAT combo, not by date of submission?

Did you get a call regarding your rejection or was the R via email.
Whoo, a rejection call--that would be rough! I believe the R's are coming out through email.

Since Jeff encourages updates, is it better to send smaller updates more frequently or send multiple things per letter and have it less frequently?
Good question. Personally, I think it is better to send things more frequently, just so that you show constant interest.

So they review by GPA and MCAT combo, not by date of submission?
I think they stratify by GPA and MCAT, and then will keep coming back to their separate piles to review each applicant. It really doesn't matter when you submitted it as they keep coming back to apps. Remember, they keep interviewing until the end of march, so they will cycle back to people for sure.

I think they stratify by GPA and MCAT, and then will keep coming back to their separate piles to review each applicant. It really doesn't matter when you submitted it as they keep coming back to apps. Remember, they keep interviewing until the end of march, so they will cycle back to people for sure.
Ahhhh I see, thanks very much for answering all our questions. :nod:

Where can I find more info on how to structure my update letter? I've been working a new clinical job and volunteer position that's about it.

Placed on the alternate list yesterday, interviewed the week before. A little disappointed, but definitely planning on sending updates!

Where can I find more info on how to structure my update letter? I've been working a new clinical job and volunteer position that's about it.
There really is no defined structure. Most people just write it up like a regular paper with paragraphs.

When you send a pre-ii update, can you sneak in a sentence saying that you're very interested in the school/program? Any ideas if that would help at all?

When you send a pre-ii update, can you sneak in a sentence saying that you're very interested in the school/program? Any ideas if that would help at all?
Yes! This is encouraged and would certainly help

I'm sure someone has already asked about this, but how many interviews are there here? Is it one student interview and two faculty? Are they all open file? What did everyone think of the school? Thanks in advance everyone!

Is there a certain day of the week or time of day that decisions are usually released here?

Yes! This is encouraged and would certainly help
do we think that a poster presentation, podium presentation, research assistant work, and a second job (waitressing at nights/weekends) is enough to write an update letter pre II? or should i wait until i here back about a few paper publications?

do we think that a poster presentation, podium presentation, research assistant work, and a second job (waitressing at nights/weekends) is enough to write an update letter pre II? or should i wait until i here back about a few paper publications?
Yeah, definitely.

I'm sure someone has already asked about this, but how many interviews are there here? Is it one student interview and two faculty? Are they all open file? What did everyone think of the school? Thanks in advance everyone!
There is 1 student interview and 1 faculty interview. The student interview is closed but the faculty interview is open. They are low stress interviews (typically)! I like the school but I may be a bit biased :)

Absolutely! You should send the update in now. There really is no harm in sending an update in "too soon"

There is 1 student interview and 1 faculty interview. The student interview is closed but the faculty interview is open. They are low stress interviews (typically)! I like the school but I may be a bit biased :)
Thank you!! I'm glad to hear you like it though :)

Absolutely! You should send the update in now. There really is no harm in sending an update in "too soon"
thank you! is it frowned upon mentioning the submitted publications or wait to see if theyre published and send another update?