2018-2019 TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

I don’t mind for the sake of transparency, 3.9 cGPA and 515 MCAT. Like I said though, TCU seems to have such a strong emphasis on the “empathetic scholar” so I’d see them really focusing on ECs and interviews vs just stats.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t mind for the sake of transparency, 3.9 cGPA and 515 MCAT. Like I said though, TCU seems to have such a strong emphasis on the “empathetic scholar” so I’d see them really focusing on ECs and interviews vs just stats.

Oh wow, those are really amazing stats...now I'm starting to think I really don't have a chance here. I'm really hoping that this school is interviewing all the high stats, all star students first and then maybe giving some chances to others later during the interview season. But yeah like you said, the school is really pushing the empathetic scholar mission. Thanks for sharing and I hope you hear good news soon!

Oh wow, those are really amazing stats...now I'm starting to think I really don't have a chance here. I'm really hoping that this school is interviewing all the high stats, all star students first and then maybe giving some chances to others later during the interview season. But yeah like you said, the school is really pushing the empathetic scholar mission. Thanks for sharing and I hope you hear good news soon!

Keep your hopes up! I know it’s late in the regular cycle but it’s so early for TCU, they’ve only had one interview day for now! There’s plenty left to come

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those that were accepted! Yeah, I agree with some others its been really quiet here regarding interview invites. I wonder where they are in terms of completion date?

Reactions: 2 users
II here recently, complete late November. Keep your faith, stats are not everything it appears.

Reactions: 7 users

You were waitlisted, not rejected. Very different. Stats matter a lot for getting WL or accepted, but EC and interview matter for getting accepted.

II just now! (respect for those working 10pm on a Saturday) Complete secondary 1/05/19.

Is anyone else experiencing a "Server Error in '/' Application." error when trying to go into the "Interview" tab? Even by using my phone and other browsers I'm getting the error.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now! (respect for those working 10pm on a Saturday) Complete secondary 1/05/19.

Is anyone else experiencing a "Server Error in '/' Application." error when trying to go into the "Interview" tab? Even by using my phone and other browsers I'm getting the error.

If you don't mind sharing your stats, it would be appreciated. I'm still praying and waiting.
Congratulations!

They're reviewing January apps?! That's good news :)

II today @ 9:22p!! MMI’s make me way more nervous than standard interviews but I’m pretty excited to learn about the school! I scheduled for 2/25 ☺️

II today @ 9:22p!! MMI’s make me way more nervous than standard interviews but I’m pretty excited to learn about the school! I scheduled for 2/25 ☺️

Congrats! when were you complete?

Congrats! What other dates were available for you?

Congrats all with IIs. The interview was very laid back. I think the one thing I did that helped was to pause, think, smile, and respond. Feel free to DM me if you need help.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations on your II, that is so exciting!!! Gosh, I was complete in early December and still nothing...so hard to not get discouraged, but I have faith things will work out!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations on your II, that is so exciting!!! Gosh, I was complete in early December and still nothing...so hard to not get discouraged, but I have faith things will work out!
You got this. I remember they said there are only 12-15 people to look over all the applications, so it may take a while.

You got this. I remember they said there are only 12-15 people to look over all the applications, so it may take a while.

I remember they also mentioned something about a cascading pre-interview process. I wonder what that means/entails?

I remember they also mentioned something about a cascading pre-interview process. I wonder what that means/entails?
Right I’m curious about that too and if they’ll let us know if we will be released (aka Pre-II rejection) soon if that’s the case. Also I’m curious as to how many interview days have been filled so far, excluding the first one and the one tomorrow.

II few mins ago. Complete 12/5. Lizzy m 70.
Wow. They are a busy office if they're sending out II on the weekends. I appreciate the work they do, but now there is no rest for my email refresh button.

Reactions: 5 users
II just now! Unexpected honestly but very grateful! Complete secondary on 12/5.

Reactions: 5 users
II earlier this afternoon. Complete 12/14, LM 69. Excited!

Reactions: 4 users
II around 5pm EST!

Complete 11/23. LM ~70. OOS. Non-trad.

Congrats to all with II's, I was hoping to snag one from this school but perhaps it's not in the cards (I was complete very early and still nothing). Best of luck at your interviews!!
I was complete very early too and was discouraged seeing people complete much later getting interviews, but I just got one today. So don't give up hope yet! Clearly it's not over until you get a rejection email!

Congrats to all with II's, I was hoping to snag one from this school but perhaps it's not in the cards (I was complete very early and still nothing). Best of luck at your interviews!!
Hang in there man, we’re still in the game. There’s so many more interview days left, like 6 more after the February ones are filled up. I think we still have a shot.

II today at 4pm! Pretty nervous as I have no idea how many interviews are given versus acceptances, especially with such a small class at 60 students.
Stats: 3.71 GPA, 510 MCAT (128/128/125/129). I'm also a Texan but they've already stated that's not a factor of consideration.
I finished my secondary in mid-December, about 1 week after receiving it.
Good luck to those waiting to hear back! I will update with how I felt it went

II today at 4pm! Pretty nervous as I have no idea how many interviews are given versus acceptances, especially with such a small class at 60 students.
Stats: 3.71 GPA, 510 MCAT (128/128/125/129). I'm also a Texan but they've already stated that's not a factor of consideration.
I finished my secondary in mid-December, about 1 week after receiving it.
Good luck to those waiting to hear back! I will update with how I felt it went

Congrats on your interview! I understand this is a private school, but I find it interesting that being from Texas is not at all a factor. Based off the articles I have read, I understand Fort Worth is the largest city without an allopathic school, and they are looking for applicants to contribute to the Fort Worth community & greater DFW metroplex.

In the same boat as you and still haven’t heard back yet. Just gotta keep your chin up and keep hoping that this school will be the one. At this point not much else we can do besides patiently wait

Received an II today! Completed 12/10. I honestly thought I bombed the audio recording portion of the secondary but I am so glad to have this chance. This program seems like it's going to be a game changer. Does anyone who has interviewed have any advice or insights?

Best of luck to everyone during this grueling and random process. As they say, "¡Si se puede!"

Received an II today! Completed 12/10. I honestly thought I bombed the audio recording portion of the secondary but I am so glad to have this chance. This program seems like it's going to be a game changer. Does anyone who has interviewed have any advice or insights?

Best of luck to everyone during this grueling and random process. As they say, "¡Si se puede!"

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

TCU I sent you my life story plz respond.

Reactions: 8 users
So I'm taking physiology and stats at a community college along with volunteering and working part time. My mcat and gpa are not really competitive, but my extracurriculars are strong. Im questioning if I should stick with the classes for a chance to get accepted here, or if I should drop them and just work on my MCAT again. Any advice??

So I'm taking physiology and stats at a community college along with volunteering and working part time. My mcat and gpa are not really competitive, but my extracurriculars are strong. Im questioning if I should stick with the classes for a chance to get accepted here, or if I should drop them and just work on my MCAT again. Any advice??

That’s a complicated question. Have you received an II here yet? Do you have any IIs or acceptances? How low of an MCAT and gpa are we talking?

Just got an interview invite from them! (Also my first time commenting on SDN) I'm so excited!!

II just now! Complete 12/3 and OOS. I am so thrilled for this opportunity and can't wait to explore Fort Worth.

Man seeing all these II waves has me conflicted. On one hand it’s exciting that they’re still sending out a bunch of IIs and that one could happen at any moment. On the other hand, not hearing anything as each wave goes by has me thinking it’s only a matter of time before I receive that R

Reactions: 6 users
Interview Received. LM 68, OOS, complete mid Dec. First one!

Completed first week of December and silence... Still praying they find their way towards my application.

Just got my invite today! Complete 12/5. This is my third application cycle, and I've never received an II. Had basically given up hope for this cycle and applied to the UNTHSC med sci program thinking this year wouldn't work out like the ones before. I'm a non-trad, 3.3 GPA, 506 MCAT. I know I haven't been accepted yet but it feels so great to finally feel some love from an admissions committee. Keep the faith y'all!

Reactions: 20 users
Just got my invite today! Complete 12/5. This is my third application cycle, and I've never received an II. Had basically given up hope for this cycle and applied to the UNTHSC med sci program thinking this year wouldn't work out like the ones before. I'm a non-trad, 3.3 GPA, 506 MCAT. I know I haven't been accepted yet but it feels so great to finally feel some love from an admissions committee. Keep the faith y'all!
Congrats man! I just wanted to say I did the Med Sci program and it really helped me improve my science knowledge. My stats are very similar to yours, so hopefully admissions sees my academic redemption haha. All the best to you!

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Nothing special really. 506 MCAT, 3.7GPA, IS, have a good amount of ECs relating to mission of the school though and a lot of research.

Just received an II last night! Super excited for this.

I completed their primary the day it came out and submitted secondary sometime in December I think. I saw only Feb 18 and 25 options for dates

Stats are 3.58/515

There seem to be so many IIs going out...hope there are some left for me. I have to remain hopeful, but if TCU loves ECs, that might be rough...Hopefully work counts as EC.

Congratulations you are one step closer. Go with it, think good thoughts! If they offered you an interview that means they are interested in you. My stats are similar to yours, I was complete a few days after you. Hoping to get some love:nailbiting: Blessings and prayers for your interview.

Reactions: 6 users
T C, do U love me?
Are you inviting?
Cuz you never ever seem to be reply'n
and I want ya, and I need ya
And I'll interview always

UNT, do you love me?
Are you inviting?

Look, the new me is really still the real me
I swear you gotta meet me before you silently reject me
You gotta make some choices, we runnin' out of options
'Cause I've been rackin up the sec' apps, I don't know when it's stoppin'
And when we get to talkin', you'll see how I can learn
And when we hittin' Fort Worth, you'll see how I can serve
And when you get the LCME cred', you'll deserve it.
I think you're the one, pillars confirm it.
Trapmoneybenny.
Pursuin' scholarship , lovin' empathetically.
from the stockyards like Bob's Billy (Billy Bob's).
I know you're a special school, 'cause I know too many.

T C...

Reactions: 18 users
T C, do U love me?
Are you inviting?

UNT, do you love me?
Are you inviting?

Trapmoneybenny.

T C...

Phenomenal :laugh: you've captured all my emotions in one song haha

T C, do U love me?
Are you inviting?

UNT, do you love me?
Are you inviting?

Trapmoneybenny.

T C...
:clap: They pretty much should give you an interview for this! Amazing!

T C, do U love me?
Are you inviting?

UNT, do you love me?
Are you inviting?

Trapmoneybenny.

T C...

well done