2018-2019 University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS ORM
3.66 cGPA
3.55 sGPA
507 MCAT
Submitted secondary at the end of September, getting nervous, not sure if I should even be expecting an interview :(

Reactions: 1 users
IS ORM
3.66 cGPA
3.55 sGPA
507 MCAT
Submitted secondary at the end of September, getting nervous, not sure if I should even be expecting an interview :(
Don't be! your stats are way better than mine and I got an II.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS ORM
3.66 cGPA
3.55 sGPA
507 MCAT
I didn’t get an II until about a month after I submitted my secondary application! There is still time, don’t lose hope!

Do y'all think I got passed up? I was complete by 6/23. IS 3.49cgpa, 3.26sgpa, 512 MCAT. I knew my grades would be my downfall, but thought I had a chance here

Do y'all think I got passed up? I was complete by 6/23. IS 3.49cgpa, 3.26sgpa, 512 MCAT. I knew my grades would be my downfall, but thought I had a chance here

Don't think so. I was complete on 7/12 and got II on 10/4. Be patient, I know it's hard.

Do people who were accepted mind posting their stats???

Hey guys! Idk how to start a new thread, but just fyi the TCU/UNTHSC med school has received preliminary approval and they will be accepting their inaugural class this application cycle to begin classes July 2019. The school should be added to AAMCAS in November according to their website.

I am new to SDN so I don't meet the min. post requirements to add the link to this comment but all the info is on their website! Just google tcu/unthsc med school.

Hey guys! Idk how to start a new thread, but just fyi the TCU/UNTHSC med school has received preliminary approval and they will be accepting their inaugural class this application cycle to begin classes July 2019. The school should be added to AAMCAS in November according to their website.

I am new to SDN so I don't meet the min. post requirements to add the link to this comment but all the info is on their website! Just google tcu/unthsc med school.
I started a new thread for this school so cruise on over here:2018-2019 TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine

Last edited:
II on the portal! Randomly checked it, so it’s possible it’s been there a day or two. cGPA: 3.66, sGPA: 3.56, MCAT 506. Submitted my secondary back at the end of June.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II through my Gmail just now! LizzyM ~68. TMDSAS transmitted end of July and secondary submitted at the beginning of August! They have one slot available on Oct 26th and quite a few on Nov 12th &16th.

Reactions: 3 users
Logged into my portal and saw an II, but no email. I called admissions and the lady said to wait for an email since they're sent in batches. Not exactly sure what she meant...

Logged into my portal and saw an II, but no email. I called admissions and the lady said to wait for an email since they're sent in batches. Not exactly sure what she meant...
Check your spam/trash email just in case. They're probably in the process of sending you an interview even sign up through signup genius.

Can anyone explain what's file check during the interview please? thank you

Can anyone explain what's file check during the interview please? thank you
Nothing to stress about! Its just a quick couple minutes where they verify things like your email address, undergrad information, stats, coursework, and ask if you have any disciplinary issues or current felonies/warrants/trials. Took less than 5 min and was pretty much just a yes/no speed question round.

Nothing to stress about! Its just a quick couple minutes where they verify things like your email address, undergrad information, stats, coursework, and ask if you have any disciplinary issues or current felonies/warrants/trials. Took less than 5 min and was pretty much just a yes/no speed question round.

Thank you!

Is the campus large with alot of buildings? Or just one or two buildings? Just wondering if I should wear flats or heels for the tour :cat:

Is the campus large with alot of buildings? Or just one or two buildings? Just wondering if I should wear flats or heels for the tour :cat:

During the tour you should have the opportunity to see three main buildings: MET (medical education training building), Library, and Anatomy Lab (in the research building). You will be going up the stairs in the library and there's a fair amount of walking in general. I'd recommend you wear flats just for your comfort, you wouldn't want to be uncomfortable in heels.

During the tour you should have the opportunity to see three main buildings: MET (medical education training building), Library, and Anatomy Lab (in the research building). You will be going up the stairs in the library and there's a fair amount of walking in general. I'd recommend you wear flats just for your comfort, you wouldn't want to be uncomfortable in heels.

+1 you will also be touring the hospital they do some rotations at!

Anyone who PreMatched here last year, when was your interview? I interviewed At TCOM on Sept 7th (pretty early) in the season, and I was really hoping it was a good sign for getting into here so I have some sort of ease of mind about this process.

Anyone who PreMatched here last year, when was your interview? I interviewed At TCOM on Sept 7th (pretty early) in the season, and I was really hoping it was a good sign for getting into here so I have some sort of ease of mind about this process.

I didn't pre-match at TCOM; however, my friends that interviewed in late October were in the second batch of pre-matches in December. If I recall correctly, Dr. Kennedy said that a decision may have been made 4-5 weeks post-interview (respective to pre-match of course.)

Got a rejection letter via snail mail today :( good luck everyone!
MCAT: 508
cGPA: 3.74
sGPA: 3.95
Are you OOS? Correct me if I am wrong, But I thought all in-state applicants find out if they are rejected/accepted/waitlisted on February 1st. Or can you get a rejection letter anytime after your interview? Someone, please shine some light.

Is there a social the night before interviews?

Also, is the optional hospital tour off-site? How do we get to/from?

There was no evening before social for me or any of my friends that attended different dates. The hospital tour is offsite and they will provide a shuttle to take you there. There honestly wasn't much walking on this tour, at least compared to the other schools I've been to.

As far as I know, there wasn't a social the night before. The hospital tour is off-site and they will provide transportation (an incredibly nice charter bus...very fancy.)

I've been anxiously hoping for an interview :( I submitted back in June/July.
MCAT 513, sGPA 3.75
Seeing people with stats like yours crushes my dreams of getting an interview from here.

I've been anxiously hoping for an interview :( I submitted back in June/July.
MCAT 513, sGPA 3.75

Those are really high stats. No buzz from any school at all? Maybe your essays were not on the ball here?

How did you think you did on your interview?
I felt as they did very well in the interview. So I was very surprised unfortunately. I am not awkward person, and I am very personable with everyone I talk to, I just must not have been what they were looking for.

Are you OOS? Correct me if I am wrong, But I thought all in-state applicants find out if they are rejected/accepted/waitlisted on February 1st. Or can you get a rejection letter anytime after your interview? Someone, please shine some light.
Oos

In-state applicants also might be offered acceptance during the "pre-match window" November 15 to December 31. But don't worry if you don't get pre-match offers, anyone who has interviewed could still match on Feb 1.

In-state applicants also might be offered acceptance during the "pre-match window" November 15 to December 31. But don't worry if you don't get pre-match offers, anyone who has interviewed could still match on Feb 1.
Can in-state applicants be rejected from October 15 to February 1st?

no. You will not get a rejection letter until the cycle is over. I have applied to TCOM 3 times and I have never gotten a rejection letter. Only silence.

no. You will not get a rejection letter until the cycle is over. I have applied to TCOM 3 times and I have never gotten a rejection letter. Only silence.

3 times? That tenacity is impressive! If you don’t mind me asking- what have been your stats and situations each time applying?

3 times? That tenacity is impressive! If you don’t mind me asking- what have been your stats and situations each time applying?
1st time I was not ready MCAT 496 (had my app in when I got my score) 3.4 GPA, 2nd time 501 MCAT (after 2 retakes) GPA3.6 ZERO clinical experience, 3rd time (this time) 501 MCAT 3.65 GPA graduated from college worked for a year and a half as scribe and CNA and I am not a medical assistant in a hormone replacement therapy clinic. Dont ask about my MCAT I know I gots the dumb

I personally know someone who received a rejection within that window, so it can happen but it is not very common.

Sorry for so many questions (and thank you to those that have answered!), but does anyone remember what food was served during the "refreshment break?" I have food allergies and they never sent out a vegetarian/allergy form like some other schools, so I just want to know what to expect. Thank you!

Sorry for so many questions (and thank you to those that have answered!), but does anyone remember what food was served during the "refreshment break?" I have food allergies and they never sent out a vegetarian/allergy form like some other schools, so I just want to know what to expect. Thank you!

Make your own bowl with various meat, rice, beans, a ton of toppings/condiments to choose from, fruit, cookies, other desserts (that's what they had when I went)

I'm the same, I just chose to fast during my TCOM interview (like I usually do when food allergies are unknown). Interviewing is stressful enough, I can't imagine doing it with a reaction going on.

Reactions: 1 users

I was worried about this too since I am a vegetarian. I thought the lunch was delicious! You make your own rice bowl with a good selection of veggies.

Last edited:
So I know UNT isn’t on MSAR- like the others TX schools- but anyone have any idea about the lower 10% on the MCAT accepted here? Anyone going there right now know the lowest MCAT they’ve heard from a colleague who was accepted? I’m just curious.