2018-2019 University of Texas Long School of Medicine at San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those that received recent II from Long, did you have your CASPer results sent to them already? My email from them on 8/3 said I will be notified when to send them, but never got a follow up email.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those that received recent II from Long, did you have your CASPer results sent to them already? My email from them on 8/3 said I will be notified when to send them, but never got a follow up email.
Did you go back to your CASPer account to add them as a school? UT San Antonio was not listed as an available school to send CASPer results back in August but are now.

After over 2 months of silence, II tonight around 10:30! :) Edit: Complete 5/16!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II as an OOS. Hell, I have ZERO connections to Texas but most of my IIs are Texan. Texas showing me more love than any of the 75% of schools up North I applied to!

Reactions: 4 users
II as an OOS. Hell, I have ZERO connections to Texas but most of my IIs are Texan. Texas showing me more love than any of the 75% of schools up North I applied to!
“That's right, you're not from Texas. But Texas wants you anyways.”
― Lyle Lovett

Reactions: 5 users
Would anyone who has interviewed here mind sharing their thoughts on the school? And perhaps what you thought were its greatest strengths/weaknesses? Trying to find out some info but the website is pretty scarce.

Thanks!

heart skipped a beat when I saw the email...then I read it, lol. Nice re-affirmation of hope from Dr. Kellaway though.

Reactions: 13 users
got 2 random emails from admissions office saying my app is under review but no IIs

Members don't see this ad :)
What a weird email they just sent lol

Reactions: 3 users
Does the email mean that they are accepting OOS students starting tomorrow or waiting til February?

In the email it said "Thank you for your updates and letters or emails of interest. We file these with your application materials."

Anyone know if they accept these updates pre-interview invite?

Phewww I could have done without that email just cause of how my anxiety’s set up

Reactions: 1 users
In the email it said "Thank you for your updates and letters or emails of interest. We file these with your application materials."

Anyone know if they accept these updates pre-interview invite?
Yeah they do

Was that email sent to interviewees? I didn't get one (no ii from here).

I didn’t get an email from them. What was it about?

Remember that your CASPER scores can now be submitted through the website. Long is finally on the dropdown. For those that interviewed, it's a requirement for admission....

Remember that your CASPER scores can now be submitted through the website. Long is finally on the dropdown. For those that interviewed, it's a requirement for admission....
Requirement, yes. But not factored into your admissions decision. It’s only for data collection purposes this year!

Any OOS get an acceptance from Long? I'm guessing that last email means they are sending out acceptances for OOS later as well, correct?

I didn't get one of these either. I panicked today and applied to 6 more DOs in the south. I haven't gotten a single II yet. (69 LizzyM)
Was that email sent to interviewees? I didn't get one (no ii from here).

Any OOS get an acceptance from Long? I'm guessing that last email means they are sending out acceptances for OOS later as well, correct?
Nothin from Long, I feel like there may be some for both IS & OOS November 15th for prematch, but other than that mostly February, at least from what Dr. Kellaway said.

Edit: I’m OOS.

I didn't get one of these either. I panicked today and applied to 6 more DOs in the south. I haven't gotten a single II yet. (69 LizzyM)
I didn't get one either. Im beginning to feel that because I didn't receive an email that I am out of the race?? dunno.

Why still no love from Long SOM I have seen people getting 4-7 II’s from TX schools, but I only have two... I don’t know how many offers will be sent out by each school. I hope I can at least get one...

Question for anyone who interviewed at Long. I interviewed a while back and I still don't see San Antonio as available for me to rank in TMDSAS. I was wondering if I should contact Long or TMDSAS to ask about this or maybe I should wait a little longer to see if they update it.

Question for anyone who interviewed at Long. I interviewed a while back and I still don't see San Antonio as available for me to rank in TMDSAS. I was wondering if I should contact Long or TMDSAS to ask about this or maybe I should wait a little longer to see if they update it.
Long showed up faster than any other school on my end. I interviewed early october, and it was up within a week. I have same situation with Tech. Maybe just send the (almost) same email to both TMDSAS and Long once Match is closer?

Update: I emailed TMDSAS and this is what they said "Since TMDSAS is not involved in the interview selection and process, the status would need to be updated by the school."

Last edited:
I'm starting to get worried as I haven't received an interview from here yet. Lizzy score of 71, submitted late July. :( I've gotten interview from McGovern/ El Paso but nowhere else. Does anyone know if they've finished filling their interview dates yet?

I'm starting to get worried as I haven't received an interview from here yet. Lizzy score of 71, submitted late July. :( I've gotten interview from McGovern/ El Paso but nowhere else. Does anyone know if they've finished filling their interview dates yet?
I checked last year’s thread and Long had II batches on 11/12, 11/19, and the last one was 12/12. Their last interview date was 12/19. So, we still have time!

Thanks so much!! Hope we both get one soon :'))

Got an II invite earlier today around 230 PM! Signed up for 12/7!

Reactions: 2 users