-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Virginia Tech Carilion
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone know how long they'll be making calls for today?
Sorry if this has been asked, but what are the possible decisions that we can receive today?
Acceptance, Rejection email, or silence?
Acceptance, Rejection email, or silence?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has been asked, but what are the possible decisions that we can receive today?
Acceptance, Rejection email, or silence?
A call today is an acceptance, otherwise you're moved to an active pool for reconsideration in April. Think those are the only options for now
everyonecalmdown
New Member
A call today is an acceptance, otherwise you're moved to an active pool for reconsideration in April. Think those are the only options for now
Is today the only day calls are being made? This is pretty brutal. Gotta say, it's nice knowing we're not alone.
D
deleted867159
I think the December group may have some people looked at today, and others looked at next month.A call today is an acceptance, otherwise you're moved to an active pool for reconsideration in April. Think those are the only options for now
Is today the only day calls are being made? This is pretty brutal. Gotta say, it's nice knowing we're not alone.
From what I can tell, yeah. Dunno how long calls keep going for today, though :/
I think the December group may have some people looked at today, and others looked at next month.
Ah, not sure about the December group. I was back in October, so I'm just sitting here anxiously
Interviewed 11/10 and accepted just now!! This is surreal
Interviewed 11/10 and accepted just now!! This is surreal
congrats!
hoping they're going in a random order, not chronologically haha
I believe they give out only 42. Then based on acceptances withdrawn they pull from their active pool?Does anyone know if they do actually only give out 42 acceptances by March? Or will they have accepted more than that?
I believe they give out only 42. Then based on acceptances withdrawn they pull from their active pool?
oh man that's not promising
And thus the nausea staring at my phone.So that’s like 6 acceptances per MMI weekend![]()
Shout out to the spam call that gave me a small heart attack.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh god it looks chronological noooo
Maybe alphabetical? I’m hoping for you!oh god it looks chronological noooo
D
deleted867159
n = 1, but my experience last cycle was silence until a rejection in April I believe. I was complete very early as well.Does anyone know if this school does post-secondary rejections or is it all silence? I just wanna know if I can give up and move on already
Maybe alphabetical? I’m hoping for you!
we are in this together my friend
greatlakes101
Full Member
Does anyone know whether updates should be submitted via the portal or by email? Not sure if they get notified about updates via the portal....
everyonecalmdown
New Member
Maybe it's just my hopefulness talking, but I doubt they're doing this chronologically.
And thus the nausea staring at my phone.
Shout out to the spam call that gave me a small heart attack.
just got a call!
asking if i wanted a homeowner estimate. UGH
They do! I sent an update through the portal and they got it asapDoes anyone know whether updates should be submitted via the portal or by email? Not sure if they get notified about updates via the portal....
just got a call!
asking if i wanted a homeowner estimate. UGH
Oh, brutal! Mine was asking if I wanted to take a survey.
n = 1, but my experience last cycle was silence until a rejection in April I believe. I was complete very early as well.
Yeah I was complete the first week of July. Well that’s good to know that I can write this school off as a rejection lol. Wish they would just man up and reject me already instead of keeping me in this limbo hell
Accepted! Got the call about 30min. ago! Good luck to everyone still waiting! I interviewed in November
hopefuldoctor511
Full Member
However- they've sent plenty of post secondary rejections per this thread. When I called a few weeks ago, they said they have 2 II dates left... so there might be some IIs left.n = 1, but my experience last cycle was silence until a rejection in April I believe. I was complete very early as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
However- they've sent plenty of post secondary rejections per this thread. When I called a few weeks ago, they said they have 2 II dates left... so there might be some IIs left.
Wait 2 dates where they send out interviews, or 2 actual interview dates?
However- they've sent plenty of post secondary rejections per this thread. When I called a few weeks ago, they said they have 2 II dates left... so there might be some IIs left.
Got an interview yesterday so they are still sending them out 🙂
girlwithwings
Full Member
Congrats! When was the II for?Got an interview yesterday so they are still sending them out 🙂
any other calls going out or is it safe to say the day is done?
any other calls going out or is it safe to say the day is done?
last year they called for two days? Maybe they will do more tomorrow (I hope)?
Do they? It was hard to tell -- the thread made it sound like either they do some tomorrow too, or if you don't get one by tomorrow you're in the active poollast year they called for two days? Maybe they will do more tomorrow (I hope)?
Did anyone who got accepted get an email yet?
Congrats! When was the II for?
Jan 12th, so still some opportunities out there!
Doctor.123
Full Member
I called today and asked and the person on the phone said that they would be making calls today and over the next couple of days. I'm not sure what to make of that because it seemed like if we didn't get a call today, then we probably are in the active pool. Super sad 🙁
I called today and asked and the person on the phone said that they would be making calls today and over the next couple of days. I'm not sure what to make of that because it seemed like if we didn't get a call today, then we probably are in the active pool. Super sad 🙁
Well this breaks my heart. Thanks for calling, though!
Happy holidays everyone. 🙁
Doctor.123
Full Member
I feel you 🙁. This was my top choice and I would have accepted in a heart beat 🙁Well this breaks my heart. Thanks for calling, though!
Happy holidays everyone. 🙁
everyonecalmdown
New Member
^^Why does this break your heart? This person said they'd be making calls over the next couple of days. There's still time left.
hopefuldoctor511
Full Member
When I talked to her, she made it seem like there's two more interview dates left and they'll be sending out IIs for those soon. Not sure if that's still the case, but it is reassuring that someone got an interview today! psst- congrats!Wait 2 dates where they send out interviews, or 2 actual interview dates?
Still holding out hope.
hopefuldoctor511
Full Member
I'd +1 this too. You have to take the info off of SDN with a grain of salt, too, because honestly this whole application thing is an entire crapshoot. Things happen all the time that are unexpected. That's not to say that you shouldn't be prepared for the worst, but I think it is a good idea to still keep your fingers crossed. 🙂^^Why does this break your heart? This person said they'd be making calls over the next couple of days. There's still time left.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted867159
Active pool email, I'm sad.
Doctor.123
Full Member
Just got an active pool e-mail 🙁.^^Why does this break your heart? This person said they'd be making calls over the next couple of days. There's still time left.
Doctor.123
Full Member
Just got an active pool e-mail 🙁
noorotik20
Full Member
Just got an active pool e-mail 🙁
Welcome to the crew y’all. Been in the active pool since October lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN