2018-2019 Virginia Tech Carilion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
November 10th!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how long they'll be making calls for today?

Sorry if this has been asked, but what are the possible decisions that we can receive today?
Acceptance, Rejection email, or silence?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this has been asked, but what are the possible decisions that we can receive today?
Acceptance, Rejection email, or silence?

A call today is an acceptance, otherwise you're moved to an active pool for reconsideration in April. Think those are the only options for now

A call today is an acceptance, otherwise you're moved to an active pool for reconsideration in April. Think those are the only options for now

Is today the only day calls are being made? This is pretty brutal. Gotta say, it's nice knowing we're not alone.

I think the December group may have some people looked at today, and others looked at next month.

Interviewed 11/10 and accepted just now!! This is surreal

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they do actually only give out 42 acceptances by March? Or will they have accepted more than that?

Does anyone know if they do actually only give out 42 acceptances by March? Or will they have accepted more than that?
I believe they give out only 42. Then based on acceptances withdrawn they pull from their active pool?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school does post-secondary rejections or is it all silence? I just wanna know if I can give up and move on already

Just the got the call! Accepted!! Interviewed 12/1, OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if this school does post-secondary rejections or is it all silence? I just wanna know if I can give up and move on already
n = 1, but my experience last cycle was silence until a rejection in April I believe. I was complete very early as well.

Does anyone know whether updates should be submitted via the portal or by email? Not sure if they get notified about updates via the portal....

Maybe it's just my hopefulness talking, but I doubt they're doing this chronologically.

Does anyone know whether updates should be submitted via the portal or by email? Not sure if they get notified about updates via the portal....
They do! I sent an update through the portal and they got it asap

n = 1, but my experience last cycle was silence until a rejection in April I believe. I was complete very early as well.

Yeah I was complete the first week of July. Well that’s good to know that I can write this school off as a rejection lol. Wish they would just man up and reject me already instead of keeping me in this limbo hell

Accepted! Got the call about 30min. ago! Good luck to everyone still waiting! I interviewed in November

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the phone call! Accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
However- they've sent plenty of post secondary rejections per this thread. When I called a few weeks ago, they said they have 2 II dates left... so there might be some IIs left.

However- they've sent plenty of post secondary rejections per this thread. When I called a few weeks ago, they said they have 2 II dates left... so there might be some IIs left.

Wait 2 dates where they send out interviews, or 2 actual interview dates?

Got an interview yesterday so they are still sending them out :)

any other calls going out or is it safe to say the day is done?

last year they called for two days? Maybe they will do more tomorrow (I hope)?
Do they? It was hard to tell -- the thread made it sound like either they do some tomorrow too, or if you don't get one by tomorrow you're in the active pool

I called today and asked and the person on the phone said that they would be making calls today and over the next couple of days. I'm not sure what to make of that because it seemed like if we didn't get a call today, then we probably are in the active pool. Super sad :(

I called today and asked and the person on the phone said that they would be making calls today and over the next couple of days. I'm not sure what to make of that because it seemed like if we didn't get a call today, then we probably are in the active pool. Super sad :(

Well this breaks my heart. Thanks for calling, though!
Happy holidays everyone. :(

^^Why does this break your heart? This person said they'd be making calls over the next couple of days. There's still time left.

Wait 2 dates where they send out interviews, or 2 actual interview dates?
When I talked to her, she made it seem like there's two more interview dates left and they'll be sending out IIs for those soon. Not sure if that's still the case, but it is reassuring that someone got an interview today! psst- congrats!

Still holding out hope.

^^Why does this break your heart? This person said they'd be making calls over the next couple of days. There's still time left.
I'd +1 this too. You have to take the info off of SDN with a grain of salt, too, because honestly this whole application thing is an entire crapshoot. Things happen all the time that are unexpected. That's not to say that you shouldn't be prepared for the worst, but I think it is a good idea to still keep your fingers crossed. :)

Just got the active pool email...looks like I'm in it for the long haul.

Got the active pool email. Won't be considered until April. The email said they've given out all their acceptances for this time.