2018-2019 Virginia Tech Carilion

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel you 🙁. This was my top choice and I would have accepted in a heart beat 🙁
Same. I'm also married. So hearing today would have been great for obvious reasons (my top choice too) but also to start the job hunt for my husband in the area. Would make moving our whole life a wee bit easier.
Oh well, here's to hoping I hear something in april. I will still accept in a heart beat.
 
Same. I'm also married. So hearing today would have been great for obvious reasons (my top choice too) but also to start the job hunt for my husband in the area. Would make moving our whole life a wee bit easier.
Oh well, here's to hoping I hear something in april. I will still accept in a heart beat.
Yeah, it was my top choice for a lot of personal reasons as well. I have family down there and also my boyfriend is applying for residency and VTC worked best for the two of us. Plus this cycle has taken all my money so securing this would have been awesome. Yeah I would accept in April in a heart beat as well. Praying for the both of us <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, it was my top choice for a lot of personal reasons as well. I have family down there and also my boyfriend is applying for residency and VTC worked best for the two of us. Plus this cycle has taken all my money so securing this would have been awesome. Yeah I would accept in April in a heart beat as well. Praying for the both of us <3

Hoping we both get in! Also, what is the financial secret to this interview process? Yikes, this is so expensive. Securing now would have been great to end my OT stretch.
 
excuse my ignorance, but active pool is post II right?

Yes. It is my understanding that we are re-reviewed in April once all interviews are over and acceptances given. I'm not sure if the active pool becomes an automatic waitlist or not, but we just essentially have to wait until April now for any decisions.
 
Yes. It is my understanding that we are re-reviewed in April once all interviews are over and acceptances given. I'm not sure if the active pool becomes an automatic waitlist or not, but we just essentially have to wait until April now for any decisions.
I though active pool was their way of saying way of saying waitlist? Are the two different?
 
I though active pool was their way of saying way of saying waitlist? Are the two different?
I emailed them asking what exactly they meant and if it's different.

I may be ignorant in this process but waitlist seems like you're kind of numbered so they know who is getting picked. active pool makes it seem like we are all even and they will re-pick out of us.
 
I emailed them asking what exactly they meant and if it's different.

I may be ignorant in this process but waitlist seems like you're kind of numbered so they know who is getting picked. active pool makes it seem like we are all even and they will re-pick out of us.

It's definitely a little confusing. Thanks for reaching out to them!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a unique question.

When filling out secondaries, my fiancée and I entered each others AAMC IDs as "Significant others also applying". I interviewed in September: waitlisted, she interviewed in November: accepted yesterday. We both also ended up talking with admissions people about the other and when she went to her interview, a few people remembered me and at least made the connection.

Anyways, my question is: does her acceptance mean there is a higher likelihood that I'll get in since they know we're a package deal?
 
So I'm trying to respond to my acceptance and create my Virginia Tech account, but the identity verification step isn't working for me. For some reason, it doesn't think that the birthday that I am entering is my real birthday. Has anyone else run into this? Is the admissions office open at all in the next two weeks?

Message them on Monday.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also rejected just now pre-II, OOS. Was complete in July.
I also didn't get any suggestions or specific comments about my application, just a general email.
Good luck to everyone else still being considered!
 
Got the R as well. What did they say in yours because mine was generic af
KIWI the Meme GOD what’s up! Yeah they explicitly said I need more research if I want an interview, which I found quaint because I thought other parts of my app could be determined as more lacking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad