Aug 2, 2018
Waitlisted, interviewed 2/1.

Reactions: TempuraOreos

freedoctor17

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student (Accepted)
I’ve seen you guys everything this year. It was a pleasure going through this cycle with y’all haha
You changed your username right? I remember pming you about uchicago and feinberg (if I'm thinking of the wrong person my bad). But yeah it's been a long cycle and it's been nice having all you supportive people to stress along with me :p

freedoctor17

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
WL as well for myself and several friends, if they don’t reject anybody post II what’s even the point of making this “WL”
yeah that's annoying but someone else mentioned they have a very low yield which is why they do this. Plus it seems like alot of people decline the waitlist spot so it might not be too bad overall.

Jun 5, 2018
what are your guys' guesses about washu's wl movement this year?
Tough to say with the reduced class size but I’d have say not great. Creeped on the admitted students Facebook page a few days back when it was posted and there were a TON people (think it was like 270+ members). Granted, half of those will leave for other schools and hopefully many are upperclassmen, but even then that doesn’t leave much room

Reactions: TempuraOreos
Jul 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
WL :( I would absolutely love to attend here but I'm wondering how likely that is at this point since the email said WL movement was going to happen in early August and my current acceptances start school in very early July

Jun 5, 2018
WL :( I would absolutely love to attend here but I'm wondering how likely that is at this point since the email said WL movement was going to happen in early August and my current acceptances start school in very early July
The email meant offer acceptances at any point from now until UP TO early August - very few
Spots will go out past June 1st I’d imagine most of the movement will come April 30th/15th when students have to start making decisions

Aug 20, 2018
The way I read that email was that WL movement would happen anytime up until early August, but the wording is a little ambiguous. I don’t think it would make sense for them to wait until August to start making offers if they have spaces to fill in May/June/July.

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Tough to say with the reduced class size but I’d have say not great. Creeped on the admitted students Facebook page a few days back when it was posted and there were a TON people (think it was like 270+ members). Granted, half of those will leave for other schools and hopefully many are upperclassmen, but even then that doesn’t leave much room
If you look back at last year and the year before that around this time people discussed the facebook group #'s as well, it seems pretty normal, I don't think that it's super informative to predicting waitlist flow.

*desperately clings on to hope*

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
On the portal, what kind of information are we supposed to put into the comments section if were waitlisted?

runningco93

2+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2015
Anybody know when we have to answer the waitlist offer? I'm waiting on financial aid from other schools before I decide...

freedoctor17

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Anybody know when we have to answer the waitlist offer? I'm waiting on financial aid from other schools before I decide...
just take it for now and withdraw later once you get your financial aid

Sep 28, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
There’s no downside to being on the waitlist. Just accept it then withdraw later if the other schools come through

Feb 25, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Still without an email or anything here...

Starting to get worried, lol

Interviewed 02/08

Okay, finally got the waitlist!

Anyone still have silence?

May 24, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Not to pry too much, but did you reach out to the school at all prior to receiving the scholarship/do you know anyone who did. I can't imagine it would be helpful, but also it cant hurt to ask can it?
Exactly. It can't hurt to ask. If you really like WashU, but money is a problem, let them know that. You'll feel better knowing you gave it a shot

Mar 3, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
To anyone who has received a merit tuition scholarship, do you have to accept on the portal? Does some verbiage show up on the web site?

Mar 28, 2018
Status
Medical Student
This is copy-pasted from an email our deans sent us today about the curriculum update:

"The current curriculum will stay intact for all students entering the class of 2019. Minor modifications to improve the curriculum based on current student feedback will alter the curriculum, as has been our practice for many years. Students entering in 2019 will have the opportunity to participate in innovative pilot programs/courses/ rotations including those involving basic, clinical, social and community sciences, especially in the fourth year. Any participation in new programming will be elective and there will be no changes to the current graduation requirements for students entering in 2019."

Feb 2, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
To anyone who has received a merit tuition scholarship, do you have to accept on the portal? Does some verbiage show up on the web site?
Yes! A new section will appear on your portal that says 'scholarship' and you acknowledge the receipt of the letter just like you had to for your acceptance