Mar 13, 2018
I don't think we know officially (and it looks like people have been wondering this in past years too and never gotten a straight answer, though there was one person a couple of cycles ago that reported a rejection). I guess I just figure that SDN is a super biased way to collect that type of data. If you got rejected you probably wouldn't want to talk about it, you'd just cry into a pint of Ben & Jerry's half baked and move on... just a theory :)
Lol you make being rejected sound fun

Dec 20, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Chances of getting of the waitlist just got a lot more slim didnt they?
As far as I can tell, many merit awards have already gone out. Your chances aren’t any less slim today than at the beginning of March because many people got their scholarship aid packages right around or before then.

Apr 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey everyone, long time lurker and on the alternate list. Did anyone at second look get a feel for how many people would attend the school or how much the waitlist might move?

Reactions: soillpremed
Jan 22, 2019
Hey everyone, long time lurker and on the alternate list. Did anyone at second look get a feel for how many people would attend the school or how much the waitlist might move?
Second look weekend had about 150 attendees for a class of 100. A lot of people I spoke to were pretty sold on WashU or deciding between one other school. WashU traditionally has a low yield but the additional scholarship investment they made this year and the smaller class size than typical makes me believe there will likely be less waitlist movement than usual.

Jun 5, 2018
Second look weekend had about 150 attendees for a class of 100. A lot of people I spoke to were pretty sold on WashU or deciding between one other school. WashU traditionally has a low yield but the additional scholarship investment they made this year and the smaller class size than typical makes me believe there will likely be less waitlist movement than usual.
Disappointing news but appreciate the honest feedback on this! Were MD/PhD students at this second look as well? If not that's 150 students for around 85 spots :(

Reactions: lightaxel0
Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
fml I was actually hopeful

Apr 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
from all the comments it seems it is nearly impossible for anyone on the WL to even have a chance!!!!! :(
this is beyond disappointing at this time....I knew this new scholarship thing will make things harder....I was hopeful for a very long time...but now my hope is fading :(

Reactions: lightaxel0
Jun 14, 2018
from all the comments it seems it is nearly impossible for anyone on the WL to even have a chance!!!!! :(
this is beyond disappointing at this time....I knew this new scholarship thing will make things harder....I was hopeful for a very long time...but now my hope is fading :(
Don't give up! No matter how slim, I want to believe that we still have a chance.

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
There were ~166 people at second look last year (see last years thread) doesn’t really seem that abnormal, in fact it seems lower this year... and I guess I don’t really understand how this new scholarship money will do much to effect the waitlist negatively this year. Most financial offers have already gone out for accepted students, right? Plus, all we have as evidence is an article (that seems to have some inaccuracies, i.e. the class size, no quote from anyone involving admission?)... I think we all need to take a deep breath and be patient *hug for everyone* ❤

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
There were ~166 people at second look last year (see last years thread) doesn’t really seem that abnormal, in fact it seems lower this year... and I guess I don’t really understand how this new scholarship money will do much to effect the waitlist negatively this week year. Most financial offers have already gone out for accepted students, right? Plus, all we have as evidence is an article (that seems to have some inaccuracies, i.e. the class size, no quote from anyone involving admission?)... I think we all need to take a deep breath and be patient *hug for everyone* ❤
I needed this post. thanks!!

Jan 22, 2019
There were ~166 people at second look last year (see last years thread) doesn’t really seem that abnormal, in fact it seems lower this year... and I guess I don’t really understand how this new scholarship money will do much to effect the waitlist negatively this week year. Most financial offers have already gone out for accepted students, right? Plus, all we have as evidence is an article (that seems to have some inaccuracies, i.e. the class size, no quote from anyone involving admission?)... I think we all need to take a deep breath and be patient *hug for everyone* ❤
I got a merit scholarship increase last week but N=1. WashU has a post on their own site about it now too

Jan 22, 2019
a lot of people still have hope and it would nice to encourage them. not the other way around. I understand some are trying to share useful information. and we thank them for that. but let's not make it depressing please. if it is meant to be, it will happen. rest assured people of that and good luck to all of you including myself :)
Wasn't trying to be negative but just to answer the question about impressions from second look and how the scholarship change might impact movement. Certainly there will be some movement and I hope for the best for everyone

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Had already decided to attend WashU at that point but it was substantial enough to sway someone else's opinion IMO
a lot of people still have hope and it would nice to encourage them. not the other way around. I understand some are trying to share useful information. and we thank them for that. but let's not make it depressing please. if it is meant to be, it will happen. rest assured people of that and good luck to all of you including myself :)
To provide a contrary perspective, I also received a merit scholarship (full tuition), but it will likely not be enough to sway me towards Wash U

Jun 10, 2018
can someone in the admitted students facebook group give a general idea of how many current med students are in it?

Apr 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
can someone in the admitted students facebook group give a general idea of how many current med students are in it?
the question is how do they know? I tried to join that group just to have some insights, they never accepted to add me. at first, I thought it is only for students who got accepted. but later one somebody explained that this wasn't the case... so it is hard to tell I guess... the group currently showing 266 members including the two admin who are second year medical students. this group had around 310 members like two weeks ago and the number started to drop gradually ..there is no way there is 264 accepted students on that group.... did anyone try to join and got accepted there?

Oct 13, 2018
the question is how do they know? I tried to join that group just to have some insights, they never accepted to add me. at first, I thought it is only for students who got accepted. but later one somebody explained that this wasn't the case... so it is hard to tell I guess... the group currently showing 266 members including the two admin who are second year medical students. this group had around 310 members like two weeks ago and the number started to drop gradually ..there is no way there is 264 accepted students on that group.... did anyone try to join and got accepted there?
its only for current students and accepted prospective students. I have no idea how many in the group are current students, but I think there should be waitlist movement. A lot of people I met at second look who said they were for sure going have now changed their minds (i.e. they got full tuition packages elsewhere in the last 10 days).

Oct 13, 2018
Due to the curriculum change, does anyone know if we elect to take a research year if it will have to be between 3rd and 4th year because the class below us will have totally different stuff going on? I don’t like that lack of flexibility.....

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Due to the curriculum change, does anyone know if we elect to take a research year if it will have to be between 3rd and 4th year because the class below us will have totally different stuff going on? I don’t like that lack of flexibility.....
Email and ask. The administration will know better than anyone here. Also I think most people do research between 3rd and 4th year so I agree lack of flexibility would be annoying but likely not impactful

Apr 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
hi, now you have to commit to one school by April 30. what to do if you got an acceptance from a new school after that? I heard many opinions and at this point I am lost.

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
hi, now you have to commit to one school by April 30. what to do if you got an acceptance from a new school after that? I heard many opinions and at this point I am lost.
If you're still under consideration or wait listed at another school, you should select plan to enroll on the Choose Your Medical School Tool, but not "commit to enroll". If you receive another acceptance and want to attend the new school, you should withdraw from your current plan to enroll school and accept the new acceptance

Feb 2, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
If we currently have 'Plan to Enroll' selected for WashU, do we need to do anything else at the moment? There's no deposit, right?

Jul 23, 2018
from last year, the very first reported wailtlist decision was around May 3rd. so I think you should expect it to start immediately after April 30 till early June.
Oh my god, I am very scared. I really want this to turn out into a happy ending.

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
First reports on SDN of waitlist movement:
2017-2018: May 8th (Tuesday)*
2016-2017: May 1st (Monday)
2015-2016: May 2nd (Monday)
2014-2015: May 1st (Friday)
2013-2014: May 5th? (Monday)

*this cycle seemed to be a bit weird as apparently there was an AAMC held a meeting from April 28-May 1 (it was probably about the changes to the application process this cycle).

Also, please note that it seems like there's initial movement the first week of May, and then a lag, and then more movement mid May (~10-15th).

LET'S DO THISSSSS.

(and yes, I cited my sources :bookworm:)

Oct 13, 2018
First reports on SDN of waitlist movement:
2017-2018: May 8th (Tuesday)*
2016-2017: May 1st (Monday)
2015-2016: May 2nd (Monday)
2014-2015: May 1st (Friday)
2013-2014: May 5th? (Monday)

*this cycle seemed to be a bit weird as apparently there was an AAMC held a meeting from April 28-May 1 (it was probably about the changes to the application process this cycle).

Also, please note that it seems like there's initial movement the first week of May, and then a lag, and then more movement mid May (~10-15th).

LET'S DO THISSSSS.

(and yes, I cited my sources :bookworm:)
three new people have been added to the FB group this week, who don’t look like current students, so I think WL offers have already started, they just haven’t been reported here.

Reactions: premedlevel99