Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone hear anything?
Seems like waitlist movement has been super slow at most schools this year. This admissions committee member has been talking about the problems they've faced with the new system if anyone is interested. I'm *hoping* things pick up ~10th-15th... there seems to be plenty of spaces available...

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018
Seems like waitlist movement has been super slow at most schools this year. This admissions committee member has been talking about the problems they've faced with the new system if anyone is interested. I'm *hoping* things pick up ~10th-15th... there seems to be plenty of spaces available...
Hopefully! I think I might just call them on Friday if we don’t hear anything back

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So I called admissions and they told me that there has been movement. They were not able to tell me whether they expect more movement (they said that they could have movement up until the week of orientation)
Wow... how helpful, lol... thanks Wash U... idk it doesn't really seem like there's been much movement considering the silence on here and no change in number in the facebook group. And yes, I know SDN and Facebook aren't perfect measurements, but there has been absolutely nothing. Which is def weird compared to other years.

Plus, the more I read the giant waitlist thread on SDN the more I'm convinced this cycle is just an absolute hot mess with the new "rules".

Where's my cookie? :1LOL:
*starts pre-heating oven*

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So I called admissions and they told me that there has been movement. They were not able to tell me whether they expect more movement (they said that they could have movement up until the week of orientation)
they never provide a clear answer....up until orientation?REALLY!!!!! anyway last year the last day they pulled someone out of the WL was early June.. no problem I guess I can wait three more weeks. Let's stay positive and hopeful :) like we have any other option :shifty:

Sep 28, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Can anyone comment on what the CORE studio apartments are like? I’m not sure any will be left if I wait till I can get down to St. Louis before signing.

Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Why do you say that? Based on past years' trends?
Yeah, in 2016-2017 there were reports on: 5/17, 5/19, 5/30 and in 2017-2018 it was: 5/15, 5/21... but who knows this year? Seems like things will be heavier in June than normal. It would be useful to know how many people in the fb group are current students...

Reactions: jot121
Feb 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Yeah, in 2016-2017 there were reports on: 5/17, 5/19, 5/30 and in 2017-2018 it was: 5/15, 5/21... but who knows this year? Seems like things will be heavier in June than normal. It would be useful to know how many people in the fb group are current students...
I'm actually revising my prediction... I'm thinking that instead of looking at past years trends, maybe it's just ~7 days since the last waitlist offer (so we should expect something the 20th?)... <- this conspiracy theory was developed by me and fellow waitlister...

I'm also thinking we may be looking at a bigger wave soon as it seems like other T20 schools have finally started moving (an adcom mentioned Harvard and Yale specifically on another thread) and some CTE deadlines are in early June... so the class and the waitlist should shrink a bit hopefully.

This is such weird cycle... stay hopeful friends!!! If you need some extra support PM me!

Reactions: PB&
May 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm actually revising my prediction... I'm thinking that instead of looking at past years trends, maybe it's just ~7 days since the last waitlist offer (so we should expect something the 20th?)... <- this conspiracy theory was developed by me and fellow waitlister...
I, for one, am sticking with my prediction of the 1st of Neveruary.

Dec 20, 2018
Status
I’ve always wondered why WashU has such a low yield despite great ranking + financial aid generosity? Does it all come down to being in St Louis?

Jul 13, 2018
Status
I’ve always wondered why WashU has such a low yield despite great ranking + financial aid generosity? Does it all come down to being in St Louis?
Probably a combination of a similar accepted pool to other top institutions and location, losing out over location. Also financial aid is pretty generous elsewhere too.

Reactions: StanleyYelnats
Jul 20, 2018
My personal drawbacks were:
- The negative impact that will result from the curriculum change
- St. Louis
- Cost (I got more money elsewhere)
- The vibe was a bit odd
- I don't care much about rank. Plus, people who do care about rank might be bothered by the fact that WashU's prestige isn't well-recognized by the layman

Still though, incredibly grateful to have this amazing school as an option. I'd be more than happy to attend

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018
Status
My personal drawbacks were:
- The negative impact that will result from the curriculum change
- St. Louis
- Cost (I got more money elsewhere)
- The vibe was a bit odd
- I don't care much about rank. Plus, people who do care about rank might be bothered by the fact that WashU's prestige isn't well-recognized to the layman

Still though, incredibly grateful to have this amazing school as an option. I'd be more than happy to attend
Yup, asking as someone who chose another school even with a half tuition scholly here- a lot of my cons were the same as yours. Still, it seemed like a fairly nice environment and the research atmosphere is great, so I’m just a bit surprised to see so many people turn it down.

Apr 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
7 more students were added to the Facebook group in the past few days. I guess some of the offers are not being reported here or elsewhere...