2019-2020 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the phone call this morning. Accepted :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else keep getting the Campus Preference email even if they have already submitted it? I am wondering if I did something wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else keep getting the Campus Preference email even if they have already submitted it? I am wondering if I did something wrong.

I did too. I think you are good. I'm pretty sure they sent the email to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know if UAB offers stipends to help accepted students attend Second Look, and how those would work in that case?

Anybody know if UAB offers stipends to help accepted students attend Second Look, and how those would work in that case?
I actually asked them about this recently and they said that they can only provide stipends and/or reimbursement if you qualified for the AMCAS Fee Assistance Program.

I actually asked them about this recently and they said that they can only provide stipends and/or reimbursement if you qualified for the AMCAS Fee Assistance Program.
I see, that's good to know. Even though it doesn't matter now since the cancelled second look haha

• Sad
Anyone else waiting to hear back this Thursday and totally freaking out?? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been waiting so long even just getting an R would be welcomed closure lol

Reactions: 4 users
You guys don't think that everything going on with Coronavirus will postpone decisions going out tomorrow right? I know some schools are closing down...not sure about UAB. Anyone know?

You guys don't think that everything going on with Coronavirus will postpone decisions going out tomorrow right? I know some schools are closing down...not sure about UAB. Anyone know?
No idea but doubtful, most things that are canceled/postponed are done so due to the requirements and liability of asking students to travel. Decisions involve people sitting in a room and spreadsheets (and I like to think a pizza party).

I'm a UAB undergrad, and as of now everything is still business as usual. I could see them cancelling soon though, and they announced second look was cancelled.

I'm a UAB undergrad, and as of now everything is still business as usual. I could see them cancelling soon though, and they announced second look was cancelled.
Okay, hopefully committee meets before anything is cancelled

Anyone get any news today? Low key stressed about it lol.

Anyone get any news today? Low key stressed about it lol.
Nope, I have been constantly checking their twitter account. They normally tweet when they are making offer calls...and it's normally around 6PM EST. They've tweeted nothing today though...worried that the coronavirus affected their committee meeting day. You are not alone. I am stressed out too.

Nope, I have been constantly checking their twitter account. They normally tweet when they are making offer calls...and it's normally around 6PM EST. They've tweeted nothing today though...worried that the coronavirus affected their committee meeting day. You are not alone. I am stressed out too.
OSS , hoping for that slim chance

What are the chances of waitlist info coming out soon since all people have been reviewed?

Would they email that to us or show up in the status page ?

Has anyone heard anything?
I expect the bulk of the calls to be made tomorrow. I suspect it was a long day for all the adcoms who want to be with their families

Last edited:
So their tweet says all Regular MD apps have been reviewed. Do you guys think this includes Primary Care track?

No I haven’t heard anything. Freaking out lol. And yeah I figure it prob does include primary care.

I looked at old tweets and I don't think waitlist info will come out this week. They said they would let us know "by early April." I take that to mean that they worked hard yesterday to finish reviewing all interviewees, and the next meeting will be to construct and place everyone on the waitlist in the order they want. My bigger question is now that interviews are done will they move to meeting every week or continue bi-weekly?

I looked at old tweets and I don't think waitlist info will come out this week. They said they would let us know "by early April." I take that to mean that they worked hard yesterday to finish reviewing all interviewees, and the next meeting will be to construct and place everyone on the waitlist in the order they want. My bigger question is now that interviews are done will they move to meeting every week or continue bi-weekly?
Good question, but did anyone heard anything? I'm not sure if they did call accepted students already. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I haven't heard anything either. I am assuming they have already called lol. I saw from earlier in the thread that people normally got calls around 930AM the next morning. :/

I wonder if I get coronavirus if I can send an update to add to my experience dealing with adversity... maybe that could give me the edge I need

In-state, 516 MCAT, 3.96 GPA, graduated early, Award-winning research presentation and 3 years experience, 2 medical mission trips, volunteer hours, shadow hours, work experience that counts as patient contact hours, studied and practiced MMI's like crazy, the whole gamut... Rejected...

In-state, 516 MCAT, 3.96 GPA, graduated early, Award-winning research presentation and 3 years experience, 2 medical mission trips, volunteer hours, shadow hours, work experience that counts as patient contact hours, studied and practiced MMI's like crazy, the whole gamut... Rejected...
So sorry, this whole process is just a crapshoot, seems to be very little rhyme or reason to anything sometimes. If you don't mind me asking did it come this morning in email?

yes, this morning 10:34
Again I'm so sorry, I think we all know the feeling here and the amount of effort to get those stats and experiences is substantial. Best of luck moving forward/with other schools. I truly do not understand this process any more than when I started.

Reactions: 3 users
Fellas. October gang here. If we have not caught an R email, does this mean that we are likely to be waitlisted? Or will there be more R waves before the waitlist is created?

im so sorry
You sound like a great applicant that’s gonna be a great doctor. Might not seem like it now but you’re destined for something better

Reactions: 4 users
Fellas. October gang here. If we have not caught an R email, does this mean that we are likely to be waitlisted? Or will there be more R waves before the waitlist is created?
October here as well. Pure conjecture, but I am preparing myself for a final big R wave to cut before the final waitlist. This is not based on any past years threads because I don't have the patience to dig through that. Just simply what I am preparing for.

October here as well. Pure conjecture, but I am preparing myself for a final big R wave to cut before the final waitlist. This is not based on any past years threads because I don't have the patience to dig through that. Just simply what I am preparing for.
I interviewed Feb 13th and am definitely expecting waitlist or R.

I interviewed Feb 13th and am definitely expecting waitlist or R.
I am fully expecting a WL spot. If you are in state they have like a 75% post interview acceptance rate, but there is no time frame on that acceptance.