2019-2020 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the call. Still waiting on official email.
Congratulations! Did they call yesterday or today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone with a December interview that got a call last night. Haven't heard of anyone getting called this morning. I interviewed mid-November and haven't gotten a call.

I have an interview here coming up on February 13th. Were the MMI prompts difficult?

No, but go to Youtube and/or read about MMIs if this is your first one, as they are quite different, and you'll have both MMIs and traditional interview formats. The main idea I've read is to demonstrate (out loud) your thinking and logic behind your choices, but read about it and watch a few mock MMIs on video to get the feel and just be the real you.

Has anyone gotten an II for the end of February? I haven’t been rejected but also still haven’t gotten anything about an interview. OOS by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any calls yet tonight?
No call here, the Twitter post wasn’t very clear. I’m not sure if they reviewed dates in January or not. The last meeting post said they reviewed all December applicants and tonight’s post said they have reviewed all through December. Confusing.

Just heard of someone who got a call tonight. Unsure the date of their interview

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone remember if they said how they handle post-II rejections? Will they send those out as they decide or will they not be sent out until waitlist decisions are out?

Does anyone remember if they said how they handle post-II rejections? Will they send those out as they decide or will they not be sent out until waitlist decisions are out?

I believe they send those out as they decide. If I recall from my interview, at every meeting they accept, reject, or "hold" an applicant. I remember the Dean saying no news is good news; you're still under consideration.

No call here, the Twitter post wasn’t very clear. I’m not sure if they reviewed dates in January or not. The last meeting post said they reviewed all December applicants and tonight’s post said they have reviewed all through December. Confusing.
I spoke to a UAB rep at a Campus Visit day and they said this Ad Com was focusing on the high school to med school candidate pool. That probably explains why no January interview candidates for this cycle were reviewed.

I spoke to a UAB rep at a Campus Visit day and they said this Ad Com was focusing on the high school to med school candidate pool. That probably explains why no January interview candidates for this cycle were reviewed.
Im confused now, I thought those spots were determined years in advance and didn’t affect admissions decisions within the cycle they matriculate.

Im confused now, I thought those spots were determined years in advance and didn’t affect admissions decisions within the cycle they matriculate.
The candidates they were reviewing are in high school now to be accepted in the high school to med school program.....at least that is my understanding. So they will be in the cycle 4 years from now.

The candidates they were reviewing are in high school now to be accepted in the high school to med school program.....at least that is my understanding. So they will be in the cycle 4 years from now.
Gotcha that makes sense, thanks for clarifying!

Anyone else have a heart attack when that campus preference email came? I’ve been waiting for an answer since October... the wait continues.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone interviewing for the Blaze to MD program? If so, PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does waitlist come out? Is it the next meeting?
From UAB twitter (Jan 24): Just a quick reminder: Interviewees who haven't heard from us are still under consideration. After all interviews are complete for the year, we will create a waitlist with two tiers and inform you of your tier (by early April). Hope this clarifies!

I loved this school. But, the OSS tuition is extremely expensive. Do anyone knows if they have scholarship designated just for OSS students? I know some schools have.

Any idea how many acceptances have been given out yet?
On my interview day [ 2/13] , they said they are not full yet. She mentioned that we are not just interviewing for Waitlist. So ,I am assuming that the have sits.

Last edited:
On my interview day [ 2/13] , they said they are not full yet. She mentioned that we are not just interviewing for Waitlist. So ,I am assuming that the have sits.
I interviewed Feb 13th as well. Maybe we met lol

For those accepted and making a decision on clerkship locations, for competitive residencies such as orthopedics, are you sticking with the main campus in Birmingham or extension campus such as Montgomery or Huntsville? What factors are you considering in your decision on campus for M3 and M4?

I've also been waiting since October! Anxiously awaiting

Reactions: 3 users
I've also been waiting since October! Anxiously awaiting
It’s crazy how many people have been waiting so long, I wish they would just tell us we are waitlisted. Any communication would be nice at this point.

Reactions: 3 users