Nov 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok folks, important question: is EVERYONE who has interviewed been getting A/ UC, or are there people who have already been rejected post interview???

has Albany sent out ANY rejections????

Reactions: fdsap
Jun 26, 2018
Ok folks, important question: is EVERYONE who has interviewed been getting A/ UC, or are there people who have already been rejected post interview???

In my interview they said yes, they do reject people post interview. They made it seem like a ranking based on score (from apps, interview, etc.) The top (some unknown) percent get straight- A and then the bottom x percent get straight Rs. Everyone else in the middle gets UC.
They were very honest about their process so I think they’re not lying about handing out straight-Rs.

Jul 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

I think it's hard to tell on these forums since people are less likely to report a post II R than they are UC or As.

About the Ads
About the Ads

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
What a big day for movement! I hope I hear quickly after my interview on Monday!

Reactions: banterboy
Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
dang I must be pretty low on this UC list then, UC 10/16 and still nothing :/

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Stay up my friend your time will come!
hope so! even if I cured cancer I dont think they'd accept that as an update :1LOL: doesn't make any sense but alright

Oct 31, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
About the Ads

MCAT procrastinator

2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Albany have space to store belongings?
So in the main room where you guys will go inside to sit down and wait for the interview to begin, there is some space on the sides and at the top. I saw some students keeping their lugguge up there. I kept my oversized coat in there (Florida gal here). When you go for the MMI there is an initial room you will walk into, this room is closed off and there is someone sitting at a desk. There are some chairs here and you can keep your purse, coat, notebook, ect. :D

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
To anyone going to be at the interview tomorrow (Feb 24th), just want to say good luck and see you there!!

kinecter

5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if this school is still sending out II's and how late their interview season runs?

About the Ads

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just finished up my interview at AMC! Everyone is totally right, it really is a stress-free experience!

Feel free to ask any questions while everything is still fresh!

EDIT: I should say low-stress. There's always stress with these things!

Last edited:

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Now that I have had time to process the MMI from yesterday, I feel like I messed up. I more just straight answered the questions, explained my reasoning and alternative perspectives, and applied experiences when they were relevant. Was I supposed to more guide the conversation and craft a narrative? Overall I felt like I have good answers, but I wasn’t impressive....

How did everyone else handle the MMI?

Dr.EMD

2+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Now that I have had time to process the MMI from yesterday, I feel like I messed up. I more just straight answered the questions, explained my reasoning and alternative perspectives, and applied experiences when they were relevant. Was I supposed to more guide the conversation and craft a narrative? Overall I felt like I have good answers, but I wasn’t impressive....

I think the MMI isn't really meant to see if you're impressive or not. The more of a conversation you were able to have with the interviewer the better. At the end of the day the more you over analyze the MMI the worse it is mentally. If you felt confident in your answers and felt as if you were having a fruitful conversation I'd say you'll be just fine.

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I think the MMI isn't really meant to see if you're impressive or not. The more of a conversation you were able to have with the interviewer the better. At the end of the day the more you over analyze the MMI the worse it is mentally. If you felt confident in your answers and felt as if you were having a fruitful conversation I'd say you'll be just fine.
Thanks for your encouragement. I do feel like we we’re having a good conversation. Though, I feel like the interviewers were told to not really respond unless it was to offer a counter point or ask a follow-up question.

MCAT procrastinator

2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
02/07 should hear back soon right?
I'm 1/29 and I have still not heard anything back. I know it's hard, but we need to be patient for this process. One of the students who I spoke with told me that she was accepted about 6 weeks after being interviewed mid January. So its all a waiting game, worst thing to do is bombard the admissions with emails/calls asking about your status. If you do contact them, make sure that it is timed well.

Last edited:
Reactions: buddhadoc518

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm 1/29 and I have still not heard anything back. I know it's hard, but we need to be patient for this process. One of the students who I spoke with told me that she was accepted about 6 weeks after being interviewed mid January. So its all a waiting game, worst thing to do is bombard the admissions with emails/calls asking about your status. If you do contact them, make sure that it is timed well.
For what it’s worth, at the interview on 2/24, the Director of Admissions said it was 3-4 weeks. I hope it’s closer to that than 6+.

Reactions: MCAT procrastinator
Oct 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

Out of all MMI's interviews I have had Albany's was the one I was least prepared for, I had a stressful week with work and one of my children was sick and that was stressful as it is, so I didn't have enough time to prepare as I would have liked. I literally looked at my application the night before and watched a couple of Course Grindr interview playlist that night. I think the MMI tests your ability to see from both side of the fence and see why someone might disagree with your stance and that doesn't make you or them right or wrong( &also if you're personable). As you said, if you weren't judgemental, took your side and explained your reasoning while acknowledging the other side, then you're good imo. I literally had an acting station and told the actor "sorry you feel that way." when I was trying to console them . Thankfully this was the second to the last station so it only affected my confidence going into the next station. I kept thinking about that statement and how I ruined my chances, clearly that didn't affect me cos I got accepted. Have confidence in yourself, I'm sure you'll be fine.

About the Ads