oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Out of all MMI's interviews I have had Albany's was the one I was least prepared for, I had a stressful week with work and one of my children was sick and that was stressful as it is, so I didn't have enough time to prepare as I would have liked. I literally looked at my application the night before and watched a couple of Course Grindr interview playlist that night. I think the MMI tests your ability to see from both side of the fence and see why someone might disagree with your stance and that doesn't make you or them right or wrong( &also if you're personable). As you said, if you weren't judgemental, took your side and explained your reasoning while acknowledging the other side, then you're good imo. I literally had an acting station and told the actor "sorry you feel that way." when I was trying to console them . Thankfully this was the second to the last station so it only affected my confidence going into the next station. I kept thinking about that statement and how I ruined my chances, clearly that didn't affect me cos I got accepted. Have confidence in yourself, I'm sure you'll be fine.
That makes me feel so much better, thank you! I felt like this is what they were getting at, so it’s reassuring someone else felt the same way.

Reactions: Rihannalover
About the Ads
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Been on UC since first week of November and still waiting.. not wanting to put a deposit down for other schools but I have to. about to drop another 1k whew

Pod God

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
So for those have u that have been accepted, have you heard anything about immunizations and stuff like that?

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So for those have u that have been accepted, have you heard anything about immunizations and stuff like that?
Nothing as of yet.

Reactions: Pod God
Jul 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone gotten their financial aid yet? I got an email from them saying we would have it posted by March 1st but mine isn't available

About the Ads
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone gotten their financial aid yet? I got an email from them saying we would have it posted by March 1st but mine isn't available
Mine was posted two weeks ago!

Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Where is this posted? I haven't received any email about a portal
I received an email from financial aid that it was posted and I checked on the financial aid portal

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads
Jan 24, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone else get a meet and greet invite along with their interview invite by the Underrepresented Student Alliance at the school? Just wondering if anyone can speak about their experience if they attended. Thanks!
I received an invite and reached out to the email provided to set up a meeting time. But they never responded. On my interview day I talked with the other individuals Interviewing and it sounded like some received the email and some did not. However, the email I received originally went to my spam inbox so that may have been the case for others and they never saw it.

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
any UC expected soon or should we anticipate not much to happen between now and april? not sure what its been like in past years

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I received an invite and reached out to the email provided to set up a meeting time. But they never responded. On my interview day I talked with the other individuals Interviewing and it sounded like some received the email and some did not. However, the email I received originally went to my spam inbox so that may have been the case for others and they never saw it.
I'm not sure if everyone got it or only minority applicants got it. Because I think I (a white male) only got it because I mentioned I'm LGBTQ+ in my secondary.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm not sure if everyone got it or only minority applicants got it. Because I think I (a white male) only got it because I mentioned I'm LGBTQ+ in my secondary.
I'm a minority and I didn't get an email about that.

Kela_23

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2017
I had a similar experience. I found it in spam and I emailed but no response yet... Did anyone actually get to do the MeetnGreet for this?

sooky1379

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
It was also in my spam but I found it before my interview. Reached out and requested a meeting with 1GMed, and had a very casual conversation with someone on the board after the interview (around 30 min long, at the school's cafe). It was nice to hear another student's perspective and to have the opportunity to ask more questions!

About the Ads
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm a minority and I didn't get an email about that.
I'm a minority and i didn't get one either. but i also interviewed earlier, interviewed in october 2019.

Reactions: iluvmedicine528
Nov 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

MCAT procrastinator

2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
It was also in my spam but I found it before my interview. Reached out and requested a meeting with 1GMed, and had a very casual conversation with someone on the board after the interview (around 30 min long, at the school's cafe). It was nice to hear another student's perspective and to have the opportunity to ask more questions!
+1

Nov 8, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm a minority and i didn't get one either. but i also interviewed earlier, interviewed in october 2019.
I actually also received the email (minority & 1st gen in medicine), & saw it in my spam last minute, luckily right before my interview in October. It was such a great experience. The people there are so down to earth. Definitely one of my top choices.

anotherpremedlurker

MD Class of 2024
Dec 18, 2018
I got the email and I am straight and Asian (so ORM). It was also in my spam folder.

Kela_23

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2017
Thanks
Thanks for sharing! I hope I hear back from them before my interview next friday.

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Literally just came off UC. Placed on it back in October.
put on in October and still haven't heard anything :( at this point I feel like im ranked last and I have no clue I thought the interview went pretty well

tinfoilforests

Gunnery Sergeant Mrs. Tinfoil
Feb 21, 2019
Status
Medical Student
put on in October and still haven't heard anything :( at this point I feel like im ranked last and I have no clue I thought the interview went pretty well
If it makes you feel any better I declined the seat, so maybe you’re next in line!

It’s been real, y’all. Good luck to all of you on the rest of your journeys!

Jul 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
If it makes you feel any better I declined the seat, so maybe you’re next in line!

It’s been real, y’all. Good luck to all of you on the rest of your journeys!
you a real one :clap: congrats on wherever else you've been accepted and plan to attend

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Literally just came off UC. Placed on it back in October.
well this gives me a lil hope. i was placed on UC nov 6. still wanting to get that A even if it means losing $3k in deposits :laugh:

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I actually also received the email (minority & 1st gen in medicine), & saw it in my spam last minute, luckily right before my interview in October. It was such a great experience. The people there are so down to earth. Definitely one of my top choices.
yeah maybe i missed it in the spam. also first gen in medicine and minority. i get too much spam anyway and tend to clear it all at once.

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got accepted off of the UC list! Was placed on it back in October. Will most likely be declining the offer; good luck to you all!
good luck and happy med school years to wherever you are attending!! :)

About the Ads