About the Ads

A_Garrr

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey everyone - MS1 here. Saw a couple pages back a lot of questions about e-mails/meet-n-greets from the Underrepresented Students Alliance.

I'm involved in both USA itself and a couple of the affiliated organizations. If there is anyone who would still wish to speak to members from our groups as they consider their options (including anyone doing a video interview this week - the last scheduled date I believe), feel free to reach out.

Also, as far as Second Look Day, the admissions office is working on some virtual/online options. Everyone is definitely super bummed that we can't have ya'll visit in person, but they're working hard to put something together.

oregonian19

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Given many schools and other large institutions are closing/modifying hours, I assume we should be expecting delays in hearing back from adcoms? Just asking because I did my interview 3 weeks ago and we were told 3-4 weeks to hear back.

Dec 4, 2018
Given many schools and other large institutions are closing/modifying hours, I assume we should be expecting delays in hearing back from adcoms? Just asking because I did my interview 3 weeks ago and we were told 3-4 weeks to hear back.
Interviewed the same day as you, and have the same concerns. Did anyone who interviewed in mid February hear back, 2/14-2/21? Would be good to know where they are in decisions.

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
About the Ads

A_Garrr

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey again everyone - we did have our final interview day this past week.

As far as those still waiting to hear back post-interview, the usual 'timeline' has definitely been interrupted quite a bit by circumstances. However, now that the interviews are all through, things should hopefully speed back up a bit (though they've still got a lot on their plate sorting out virtual options for Second Look Day).

Also, just to clarify: The UC list is a bit more fluid than a traditional Waitlist. That is, you don't necessarily have a 100% concrete "rank" but are rather continuously re-evaluated (or considered) during Adcom meetings. A true rank/waitlist is established a bit later in the cycle, and that will be utilized over summer should any further spots open up.

trident_gum

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

As far as those still waiting to hear back post-interview, the usual 'timeline' has definitely been interrupted quite a bit by circumstances. However, now that the interviews are all through, things should hopefully speed back up a bit (though they've still got a lot on their plate sorting out virtual options for Second Look Day).

Also, just to clarify: The UC list is a bit more fluid than a traditional Waitlist. That is, you don't necessarily have a 100% concrete "rank" but are rather continuously re-evaluated (or considered) during Adcom meetings. A true rank/waitlist is established a bit later in the cycle, and that will be utilized over summer should any further spots open up.

Do you know how often adcom meets to review the UC list?

Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

once this true rank/WL is established, will we know where we are ranked at?

ayjaystudent

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

How about those waiting to hear back pre-interview?

Reactions: mfa16
About the Ads
About the Ads

microbionerd

2+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Interviewed 2/14 UC

About the Ads