2019-2020 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do they start rejecting people off the UC list? I have a feeling I’m ranked really low...

I have been on UC since January and I feel like I am ranked really low too... only time will tell I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I reach out if I interviewed 1/15 and still haven’t heard back from them?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey again everyone - we did have our final interview day this past week.

As far as those still waiting to hear back post-interview, the usual 'timeline' has definitely been interrupted quite a bit by circumstances. However, now that the interviews are all through, things should hopefully speed back up a bit (though they've still got a lot on their plate sorting out virtual options for Second Look Day).

Also, just to clarify: The UC list is a bit more fluid than a traditional Waitlist. That is, you don't necessarily have a 100% concrete "rank" but are rather continuously re-evaluated (or considered) during Adcom meetings. A true rank/waitlist is established a bit later in the cycle, and that will be utilized over summer should any further spots open up.

Reactions: 7 users

As far as those still waiting to hear back post-interview, the usual 'timeline' has definitely been interrupted quite a bit by circumstances. However, now that the interviews are all through, things should hopefully speed back up a bit (though they've still got a lot on their plate sorting out virtual options for Second Look Day).

Also, just to clarify: The UC list is a bit more fluid than a traditional Waitlist. That is, you don't necessarily have a 100% concrete "rank" but are rather continuously re-evaluated (or considered) during Adcom meetings. A true rank/waitlist is established a bit later in the cycle, and that will be utilized over summer should any further spots open up.

Do you know how often adcom meets to review the UC list?

Reactions: 1 user

once this true rank/WL is established, will we know where we are ranked at?

How about those waiting to hear back pre-interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you mean, there's no chance?

I am not part of adcom and I am only inferring from A_Garr's post, but I think at this point in time if you did not receive an II from Albany it can be interpreted as a pre-II rejection...

Reactions: 2 users
R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
My last pre-II R of the cycle. It's been a wild ride.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I interview on 02/14 and I have not heard back. Fingers crossed for us!

Now a new UC waiting game begins. Wishing you all the best. Were any acceptances or rejections handed out today?

UC email just now. :/ looks like I will be riding 3 waitlists into the summer.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off of the UC yesterday! Interviewed 02/04. Was on UC for about 2 weeks

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
been UC since October and nothing yet :/ I feel like interviewing later in the cycle here might've been an advantage here. Those who interviewed in September didn't have much to update on when we had the chance accepting our interview, but by now we all have lots of updates that cannot be sent in anymore. Those who interviewed later in the cycle had more time to accomplish things update worthy so were able to use that opportunity to provide more when sent an interview invite.

been UC since October and nothing yet :/ I feel like interviewing later in the cycle here might've been an advantage here. Those who interviewed in September didn't have much to update on when we had the chance accepting our interview, but by now we all have lots of updates that cannot be sent in anymore. Those who interviewed later in the cycle had more time to accomplish things update worthy so were able to use that opportunity to provide more when sent an interview invite.
Not sure if I agree. I can’t think of a situation where anyone would honestly prefer to interview later rather than sooner at AMC (unless you believe you need a month or more to transform into an impressive interviewee prior to your interview). The earlier you interview, the higher your likelihood of getting accepted or waitlisted, as there are way less spots available.

I understand not having the chance to update them, but we shouldn’t be waiting until after the application cycle is well underway to have great things to add. And most updates probably won’t change a thing about how they rank you at this point unless it’s impressive, such as a huge MCAT boost, publishing research, getting a relevant promotion, or developing a vaccine for COVID-19.

Hey you never know, you could be next on their list! Best of luck!

Reactions: 8 users
Not sure if I agree. I can’t think of a situation where anyone would honestly prefer to interview later rather than sooner at AMC (unless you believe you need a month or more to transform into an impressive interviewee prior to your interview). The earlier you interview, the higher your likelihood of getting accepted or waitlisted, as there are way less spots available.

I understand not having the chance to update them, but we shouldn’t be waiting until after the application cycle is well underway to have great things to add. And most updates probably won’t change a thing about how they rank you at this point unless it’s impressive, such as a huge MCAT boost, publishing research, getting a relevant promotion, or developing a vaccine for COVID-19.

Hey you never know, you could be next on their list! Best of luck!
Thanks for the encouragement, I guess I have classic pre med end of cycle neuroticism. I was thinking more between interviewing in September versus December. I have had 3 publications since my interview in September, so it stinks a lot that I can't send any update on that. But I guess theres nothing to do now but wait :)

I wonder when the UC season is over and they start putting people into their alternative list.