About the Ads

red_pepper12

2+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
no one has reported II recently...i wonder if they're just done and slowly rolling out R's

Oct 18, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Pre II R complete july

About the Ads

NPowerB

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Apr 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does case have a student hosting program for interviews?
They had a list of people who volunteer to host in one of the info tabs on the interview page. Not sure how active it is though... I emailed the suggested 6 people and never heard back so I just got an Airbnb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: upwardsandonwards

Bigmedicineguy

Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
Nov 4, 2018
Any current students or applicants know if there is any possibility of switching into the MD/PhD program after MS1 or MS2? Does this happen?

lolDOTexe

2+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
M1 at case here. I know of one person who's trying to do it. Seems like admin was receptive to it and they're working in lab rotations and for all intents and purposes seem to be operating as MD/PhD. But they're not getting that sweet, sweet MSTP stipend....
Any current students or applicants know if there is any possibility of switching into the MD/PhD program after MS1 or MS2? Does this happen?
Sent from my GM1917 using SDN mobile

Reactions: Bigmedicineguy
About the Ads
Sep 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed 12/16 and haven't heard back. They indicated we would hear back in 5 weeks...
At my interview in January, they told us the committee would be meeting to discuss us the next week (week of MLK day) and hopefully turn decisions in 3-4 weeks (which is now next week or week after). If you were being reviewed at the same meeting, that’s hopefully what the timeline is!!

Reactions: Zeno911
About the Ads
Aug 21, 2018
In the merit scholarship application, what do you guys think about the option to include how many/which other schools you are considering acceptances from? Should I include my (one) other acceptance? Would there any pros/cons to not doing so? I'm not really sure how this works.

Etopn23

7+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2010
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
In the merit scholarship application, what do you guys think about the option to include how many/which other schools you are considering acceptances from? Should I include my (one) other acceptance? Would there any pros/cons to not doing so? I'm not really sure how this works.
I was up front about it. I might be crazy.

Aug 21, 2018
I was up front about it. I might be crazy.
I mean, with your 15 (!!!) acceptances, I think that makes sense for you. It shows that you're a super competitive applicant and that if Case wants you to attend, they probably need to offer you competitive financial aid. But since I just have one other acceptance (to Ohio State, no less), I'm not sure whether it's worth it to include. I'm worried that they'll see that I'm not as competitive/have fewer options than applicants like you and decide not to waste a scholarship on me haha. Honestly though, I'm probably overthinking this. I'll probably just go ahead and do it.

Nov 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I mean, with your 15 (!!!) acceptances, I think that makes sense for you. It shows that you're a super competitive applicant and that if Case wants you to attend, they probably need to offer you competitive financial aid. But since I just have one other acceptance (to Ohio State, no less), I'm not sure whether it's worth it to include. I'm worried that they'll see that I'm not as competitive/have fewer options than applicants like you and decide not to waste a scholarship on me haha. Honestly though, I'm probably overthinking this. I'll probably just go ahead and do it.
Or they'll see you were accepted somewhere with significantly lower tuition and would want to level the decision making process so Finances are not as big of a concern. They accepted you already so they like you, and offered the scholarship so they must want to keep you!

Aug 21, 2018
Or they'll see you were accepted somewhere with significantly lower tuition and would want to level the decision making process so Finances are not as big of a concern. They accepted you already so they like you, and offered the scholarship so they must want to keep you!
I'm gonna go with that. :) Thanks.

Reactions: valkirieas
Mar 21, 2019
Are lectures recorded here? And does anybody remember if they are mandatory?

Jan 30, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Are lectures recorded here? And does anybody remember if they are mandatory?
From what I remember, only a handful are recorded. I asked a med student about this, and they said they will eventually start recording all of them. They're also not mandatory because most of your learning come from IQ

Reactions: pbandjamie
Mar 21, 2019
From what I remember, only a handful are recorded. I asked a med student about this, and they said they will eventually start recording all of them. They're also not mandatory because most of your learning come from IQ
Okay, thank you!

Reactions: yennefer
Apr 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
so im accepted but didnt get an email abt the merit scholarship application, it means im out of running right?

About the Ads