Developer

5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2013
California
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
so im accepted but didnt get an email abt the merit scholarship application, it means im out of running right?
Unfortunately, yes. You only get the email if your acceptance/offer letter in your portal says that you've been invited to apply for the scholarship.

Apr 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Case tell you what your place is in the wait list after traffic day? Is it ethical/professional to send a letter of intent but then also withdraw preemptively if if you feel it is too late/close to the start of school without being pulled off?

Reactions: shamrock27
Nov 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Case tell you what your place is in the wait list after traffic day? Is it ethical/professional to send a letter of intent but then also withdraw preemptively if if you feel it is too late/close to the start of school without being pulled off?
I don't think its an ethical issue. If you have other acceptances you need for abide by their CTE deadline anyway, which would dictate how close you can realistically get to the start of school. And they must understand that people need to start finalizing plans and moving on at some point.

Reactions: wondervisions
About the Ads

Fire Away

2+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a secret to getting a hold of the admissions office? Tried calling 2-3 times a week for the last 3 weeks.

SleazySalesMed

ABC's - Always Be Closing
Nov 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there a secret to getting a hold of the admissions office? Tried calling 2-3 times a week for the last 3 weeks.
The magic of an email. Same day correspondence for me

Reactions: Fire Away

caffeinatedMD8

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got Alternate List! Interviewed in October.

Mar 23, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Second look canceled. They’re gonna have some kind of online experience now

CWRU.Sman

2+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
This is really sad. These second looks felt pretty crucial in my decision making...I’m not really sure how an online experience can replicate it. I mean I definitely get it but this news is trash lol
We didn’t want to cancel. None of us do. We’re really bummed out about this as we know how important it can be in your decision making. Obviously, the online experience isn’t ideal but we want to offer you all something.

premed athlete

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
We didn’t want to cancel. None of us do. We’re really bummed out about this as we know how important it can be in your decision making. Obviously, the online experience isn’t ideal but we want to offer you all something.
No I know and I definitely understand. It’s just a bummer. Thank you for still offering a virtual experience. It won’t be the same, but I’m sure we all are still very thankful!

Reactions: CWRU.Sman
Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
IMO, the silver lining of virtual second look is that so many more students can participate. Lots of people can't afford plane tickets to return to schools they already couldn't afford to visit for interviews. Hopefully schools can learn what works and what doesn't and then incorporate that into future events for prospective students.

CWRU.Sman

2+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
IMO, the silver lining of virtual second look is that so many more students can participate. Lots of people can't afford plane tickets to return to schools they already couldn't afford to visit for interviews. Hopefully schools can learn what works and what doesn't and then incorporate that into future events for prospective students.
Completely agree! We’ll do our best to bring some creative and engaging content.

Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Completely agree! We’ll do our best to bring some creative and engaging content.
I hope CWRU, and other schools, can share best practices and improve access for medical schools across the country. Thank you to all admissions staff who I imagine are working around the clock to make last minute changes and serve us in making informed decisions! We appreciate you!

CWRU.Sman

2+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I hope CWRU, and other schools, can share best practices and improve access for medical schools across the country. Thank you to all admissions staff who I imagine are working around the clock to make last minute changes and serve us in making informed decisions! We appreciate you!
I hear ya. We definitely all talk and I’m sure it will be a topic of discussion at future meetings. We already have some ideas but let me know if you guys have something in particular you’d like to see of hear. We’ll see if it’s feasible or not. Either pass it along here or email me.

Reactions: yennefer
Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
for the deans scholarship app, when it asks if you are willing to disclose the other schools you have offers from did yall just answer yes/no or write the names of the school?

SleazySalesMed

ABC's - Always Be Closing
Nov 17, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
for the deans scholarship app, when it asks if you are willing to disclose the other schools you have offers from did yall just answer yes/no or write the names of the school?
Why wouldn't you...? I can't really see the purpose or benefit in withholding that information, could you clue me in?

Jul 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Why wouldn't you...? I can't really see the purpose or benefit in withholding that information, could you clue me in?
was just curious didnt want to just randomly throw names in for a prompt if they werent looking for them

mrmeeseekslookatme

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Any idea when we should hear back about financial aid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads